News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

The Official SSBB Friend Code and Search/Challenge Discussion Thread.100+ Listed

Started by StarWindWizard7, January 21, 2008, 07:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triforce_Luigi

Quote from: `Matt` on July 23, 2008, 06:30:02 PM
Room going up, feel free to join if your up for a few games.

I'd join, but our connection sucks.

HTA!

QuoteJust sayin it couldn't hurt to see if it's on the developers side (a.k.a. see Call of Duty 4 on PS3 wireless with 40 ppl and no letdown X_X;; )
I still find it odd me and Star connect so well when I have worse with people down the road from me X_X;;

CoD4 has 40 players on the PS3? 0_o;;

It rarely has anything to do with distance.
It does play a small role, but really it only tacks on about 150 milliseconds for information cross the country.
May vary greatly of course...

But as it were, it all has to do with your firewall settings and how much they interfere with the packets of info that travel between your two game systems.

Much more complicated, but I'm not ready nor qualified to explain it here. >_<;;

Nayrman

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on July 23, 2008, 06:38:43 PM
QuoteJust sayin it couldn't hurt to see if it's on the developers side (a.k.a. see Call of Duty 4 on PS3 wireless with 40 ppl and no letdown X_X;; )
I still find it odd me and Star connect so well when I have worse with people down the road from me X_X;;

It does play a small role, but really it only tacks on about 150 milliseconds for information cross the country.

But as it were, it all has to do with your firewall settings and how much they interfere with the packets of info that travel between your two game systems.

Much more complicated, but I'm not ready nor qualified to explain it here. >_<;;
Resistance 2 is set to have 60 players online at one time.
well, the thing is that it isn't my connection merely because my PS3 has never had slowdown ever...if thats the case your scenario points out.

HTA!

Quote from: Nayrman on July 23, 2008, 06:44:11 PM

well, the thing is that it isn't my connection merely because my PS3 has never had slowdown ever...if thats the case your scenario points out.
PS3 games are more likely to be run on decent servers as well. :D

As a matter of fact, you have great connection as the indicator is Green on your name in my friends list.
But for Brawl...

Good Connection + Bad Connection = Always Bad Connection

It's just how it works.

Nayrman

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on July 23, 2008, 06:51:30 PM

As a matter of fact, you have great connection as the indicator is Green on your name in my friends list.
But for Brawl...

It's just how it works.
Saddly true. Somehow I bet it's the servers because Kart rarely has problems and they're not much of an issue when there are problems...
You'd think theyd just switch the Brawl servers to the kind Kart uses X_X;;

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Nayrman on July 23, 2008, 06:52:51 PM

But for Brawl...

It's just how it works.
Saddly true. Somehow I bet it's the servers because Kart rarely has problems and they're not much of an issue when there are problems...

Why don't they?
I'm sure they are able to do it.

I mean...............

Mario Kart ...you can connect WORLD Effin Wide with Seemingly Perfect Connection.
Brawl on the other hand........ pfft.

I'm one of those people who loves playing Random people online
*especially on Teams*
But it takes so long to find some people to play against ya know. :(
NOT to mention the LAG.
Shoot, you'd thing SSBB would be just as popular as Mario Kart when it comes to gameplay.

So sad... I guess they don't want to hurt some peoples feelings.
Or maybe money is an issue.  :-\

HTA!

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on July 23, 2008, 07:03:27 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on July 23, 2008, 06:52:51 PM

But for Brawl...

It's just how it works.

Why don't they?
I'm sure they are able to do it.

I mean...............

Mario Kart ...you can connect WORLD Effin Wide with Seemingly Perfect Connection.
Brawl on the other hand........ pfft.

I'm one of those people who loves playing Random people online
*especially on Teams*
But it takes so long to find some people to play against ya know. :(
NOT to mention the LAG.
Shoot, you'd thing SSBB would be just as popular as Mario Kart when it comes to gameplay.

So sad... I guess they don't want to hurt some peoples feelings.
Or maybe money is an issue.  :-\

Funny story behind that actually...

Since UDP signals are chosen randomly, for a Wi-Fi match to be made randomly 2 people with the same signal number and the same Ping Number, or close to it, must be searching at the same exact time for anything to be connected.

As for the Server issue... its a possibility that the servers being used are necessary because of how Brawl Wi-Fi works, which is a kind of unorthodox system to begin with.

Thank god Friend Matches work decently

StarWindWizard7

For defending Nintendo, you should work for them.
The excuses are very convincing.

HTA!

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on July 23, 2008, 07:19:36 PM
For defending Nintendo, you should work for them.
The excuses are very convincing.
I wish that I had learned this in a way besides problems with my Wi-Fi eh? :D

Cornwad

Donkey Kong doesn't like projectile spam  :'(

Good games anyway :D

Matt

Good game Corn. I need a break and tired of fighting your DK over and over and over and over, etc.

Am I good at keeping distance away when needed? ^_^

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Cornwad on July 23, 2008, 07:46:36 PM

I think thats a Yes @ `Matt`.

Matt

Gamree

For those of you who faced me yesterday and might have suffered from worse lag than usually when brawling with me, my Wii has been reconnected back to the LAN adapter and should be running back to normal now. ;D

Cornwad

Quote from: `Matt` on July 23, 2008, 08:08:55 PM
Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on July 23, 2008, 07:56:13 PM
Quote from: Cornwad on July 23, 2008, 07:46:36 PM

I think thats a Yes @ `Matt`.

Join our room. D:

Sorry, my disk broke. All better now :P

And yes, Join Star.