News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

The Official SSBB Friend Code and Search/Challenge Discussion Thread.100+ Listed

Started by StarWindWizard7, January 21, 2008, 07:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dawei

You guys treat Playat as if he was a god. He's an average player, nothing more. Get your heads out of your asses. No one on this site is anything above "decent".

Playat

Quote from: Dawei on August 01, 2008, 10:20:23 PM
You guys treat Playat as if he was a god. He's an average player, nothing more. Get your heads out of your asses. No one on this site is anything above "decent".

For once...you're right. How can you say no one on this site is above decent?

Does a brawler HAVE TO play as the top-tier characters or something to go beyond "decent"?

StarWindWizard7

Well, it would seem PLAYAT has won most of the matches he's played against...
and I say that as in him fighting the people Here.

As far as I'm concerned, he's 1 of the best, honestly atleast top 3.
But regardless of THAT, I personally base my opinions/my own personal fighting abilities based upon PLAYATS Status.

IMO that is, I think he's 1 of the best here, ...

But What ever, I'll continue to say what I feel regardless.  ::)

*Until I see somebody beat Playat over and over and over and over again,
he's top dog around -here-

Dawei

Quote from: PLAYAT on August 01, 2008, 10:33:14 PM

Does a brawler HAVE TO play as the top-tier characters or something to go beyond "decent"?
Make up your mind. First you say I'm right, and then you say I'm wrong.
But even so, no one here is above decent because winning online matches means UTTER SHIT. The only thing that matters are tourney results. Let's look at this one player named Bardull. He was #1 on gamebattles for awhile until he stopped participating. And guess what happened when he went to an actual, offline tourney? He did average. He dominated online, but was just an OK player in reality. With online, all you have to do is learn to abuse button lag and lag in general to dominate. What normally would be relatively easy to get out of offline is impossible because of how poor online is. Even buying a lan adapter and doing the registry tweak still leaves bits of lag, not to mention good connection+bad connection=Bad connection. Plus, there is the truth that many of you will deny;
NSF sucks at smash
Don't deny it. Acceptance will save you time. Beating a bunch of scrubs here doesn't make you any decent. That's like me bragging about beating my 7 year old brother. Man, I'm so good beating up on someone who can hardly short hop.
Anyway, someone can be good with any character. What they can't be though is as successful as the person who uses the better character. Unless the person using the top tier one honest to god sucks balls, they are LESS LIKELY (not saying it's impossible) to win (this is excluding a match up in which the worse character still has a matchup advantage). Also Playat, you act like MK and snake aren't god tier, since I just called everyone here average. Yes, that does include you. And before anyone asks, that includes me too.
/rant

Playat

Quote from: Dawei on August 01, 2008, 10:49:11 PM

But even so, no one here is above decent because winning online matches means UTTER s***. The only thing that matters are tourney results. Let's look at this one player named Bardull. He was #1 on gamebattles for awhile until he stopped participating. And guess what happened when he went to an actual, offline tourney? He did average. He dominated online, but was just an OK player in reality. With online, all you have to do is learn to abuse button lag and lag in general to dominate. What normally would be relatively easy to get out of offline is impossible because of how poor online is. Even buying a lan adapter and doing the registry tweak still leaves bits of lag, not to mention good connection+bad connection=Bad connection. Plus, there is the truth that many of you will deny;
NSF sucks at smash
Don't deny it. Acceptance will save you time. Beating a bunch of scrubs here doesn't make you any decent. That's like me bragging about beating my 7 year old brother. Man, I'm so good beating up on someone who can hardly short hop.
Anyway, someone can be good with any character. What they can't be though is as successful as the person who uses the better character. Unless the person using the top tier one honest to god sucks balls, they are LESS LIKELY (not saying it's impossible) to win (this is excluding a match up in which the worse character still has a matchup advantage). Also Playat, you act like MK and snake aren't god tier, since I just called everyone here average. Yes, that does include you. And before anyone asks, that includes me too.
/rant

Hey I play just as good when I'm offline...just that there's hardly anyone that plays smash locally
I know there's several tournys in Arkansas but most of them are just too far away from where I live precise

Trust me I would love to enter a live tourney

Dawei

No distance johns. And it still doesn't make you good. Owning level 9 cpus and owning kids online are just as easy. Plus, like said, it's easy to pull off simple tactics in either of those situations. Play an actually good player, and try poop out that you usually rape people with. It aint so easy.

Macawmoses

Whoa, 7 pages in 36 hrs, I'd like to say activity, but that'd be a lie....

...also, no cpu, more smash, c u 2morrow, online.

Playat

Quote from: Dawei on August 01, 2008, 11:08:10 PM
No distance johns. And it still doesn't make you good. Owning level 9 cpus and owning kids online are just as easy. Plus, like said, it's easy to pull off simple tactics in either of those situations. Play an actually good player, and try s*** out that you usually rape people with. It aint so easy.

REVISED
I know it ain't easy playing an actually good player but I can still win a match

Dawei

Uhh, wut? You say using old tactics online is not useful because new tactics are being developed. It's as if you think what you do online works just as well offline. Or you have ADD and you completely changed the topic in the middle of the post.

StarWindWizard7

*looks @ Dave*

I was just basing my MetaKnight vs DL140's Metaknight... Compared to Playat.

-_-

I personally don't care about anybody else in the world.
I like the people I play with here, and I'm only gonna get as good playing the people here, I know/understand that...
I don't care however. :D
I'm enjoying myself, whether it be a Serious thing or not, and that what matters to me the most...

NSF's smash world is what it is...

But, as I said, It doesn't matter in the end,
who ever says what ever...it won't change a thing...
as long as we are all having fun playing Each other, which I think is the most important thing.

Not everything has to be hardcore matches all the time.

But in the end it's all good.  :P

I'd like to play you sometime Mack.

ooooo I said, "Mack this time", I'm in trouble.

Dawei

But just going a long with things is less boring.
And star, you belittle me because you can't fly. I got bored and decided to screw around with Pit in training mode, and now I have my own thing. Can you arrow loop?

.:DL:.

I agree with Dawei that we're all decent players when compared to the better players out there.  Online matches are usually for fun.  Competition is fine once in a while, but it's all mostly for fun.  Exactly how Star put it.

Anyways, anyone up for a match?

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Dawei on August 01, 2008, 11:26:46 PM
But just going a long with things is less boring.
And star, you belittle me because you can't fly. I got bored and decided to screw around with Pit in training mode, and now I have my own thing. Can you arrow loop?
I'm just messing with you when it comes to your flying, you know that right?
>___<

I can arrow loop... I can't do it in any stage though, It's best done on
big stages like Hyrule temple and Eldin Bridge. When the camera is spaced Out.

It doesn't prove much of attack to use in a fight thought. :(

Pit has more more trick I'm sure you have yet to see...
`Matt` has seen me do it though. :P

QingXin

... What? You people have me lost in your world of bickering... Well, actually, it's intelligent bickering, but whatever...

Trying out Wolfy, so anyone wanna go, just say the word or host or join my room or call me

Ridley

Quote from: Dawei on August 01, 2008, 10:49:11 PM

But even so, no one here is above decent because winning online matches means UTTER s***. The only thing that matters are tourney results. Let's look at this one player named Bardull. He was #1 on gamebattles for awhile until he stopped participating. And guess what happened when he went to an actual, offline tourney? He did average. He dominated online, but was just an OK player in reality. With online, all you have to do is learn to abuse button lag and lag in general to dominate. What normally would be relatively easy to get out of offline is impossible because of how poor online is. Even buying a lan adapter and doing the registry tweak still leaves bits of lag, not to mention good connection+bad connection=Bad connection. Plus, there is the truth that many of you will deny;
NSF sucks at smash
/rant

That is why I go to the smash boards. Also the poop I do online is the same poop Overswarm and numerous other smashboarders do at tournies. However they don't work as well online.
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...