News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

The Official SSBB Friend Code and Search/Challenge Discussion Thread.100+ Listed

Started by StarWindWizard7, January 21, 2008, 07:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red

Quote from: Nayrman on November 29, 2008, 11:03:32 AM
Hard to believe you've gotten better since yesterday, but you have yet to learn the power of the neutral air! XD
I love how I managed to ge the whole thing twice in a row before you even hit the ground. You did good though, better than yesterday. You should know that grenades are pretty useless, unless you're doing some really advanced stuff.
It's amazing when you play as some of the better characters and you realize how crappy the priority and dodging system really is for the online mode X_X;;
I know the power of it, I just can't seem to land all four hits, so I tend to stay away from it.

That was freaking annoying. D: I tried t air dodge the second one, and even counter with a backward air.

But I liek teh grenades. ;-;

Remember the conversation we had yesterday? Nintendo's online sucks.

Nayrman

Quote from: Red on November 29, 2008, 11:10:37 AM
Hard to believe you've gotten better since yesterday, but you have yet to learn the power of the neutral air! XD
I love how I managed to ge the whole thing twice in a row before you even hit the ground. You did good though, better than yesterday. You should know that grenades are pretty useless, unless you're doing some really advanced stuff.
It's amazing when you play as some of the better characters and you realize how crappy the priority and dodging system really is for the online mode X_X;;
I know the power of it, I just can't seem to land all four hits, so I tend to stay away from it.

That was freaking annoying. D: I tried t air dodge the second one, and even counter with a backward air.

I know it sucks, but that doesn't mean I won't complain about it.
The neutral air is best used when you're moving UPWARDS, that way you have time to use all four hits. You tended to use it while moving downward.

Red

Quote from: Nayrman on November 29, 2008, 11:12:57 AM
Quote from: Red on November 29, 2008, 11:10:37 AM

I know it sucks, but that doesn't mean I won't complain about it.
The neutral air is best used when you're moving UPWARDS, that way you have time to use all four hits. You tended to use it while moving downward.
Good point.

Thanks for the tip.

Dawei

Double jump nair is the best time to use it, as you don't have any landing lag. It's also real cool to shieldrop a grenade, then jump do your nair. If you press a fast enough, you'll pick the grenade right off the ground. You should be doing a fullhop, so that lets you get all the kicks out, and then there is still enough time left over to throw the grenade. And, my personal favorite approach from the ledge; Ledge jump (just pressing x/y, not press down and then jumping), Dair, jump, nair, aaa. Yes, you have enough time to finish both moves in the air if you jump and you won't have any landing lag so you get to aaa right out of it.

Nayrman

Quote from: Dawei on November 29, 2008, 12:03:34 PM
Double jump nair is the best time to use it, as you don't have any landing lag. It's also real cool to shieldrop a grenade, then jump do your nair. If you press a fast enough, you'll pick the grenade right off the ground. You should be doing a fullhop, so that lets you get all the kicks out, and then there is still enough time left over to throw the grenade. And, my personal favorite approach from the ledge; Ledge jump (just pressing x/y, not press down and then jumping), Dair, jump, nair, aaa. Yes, you have enough time to finish both moves in the air if you jump and you won't have any landing lag so you get to aaa right out of it.
I've managed to pull that last one off a few times. My biggest problem is getting the Dair to hit conistantly. I'm amazed that people say Snake's air game sucks when it can be brutal in short spurts... But maybe that's just me XD

Shinato

To everyone I haven't played that I'm supposed to, I have you all added, and I'm free for the rest of the afternoon.

Nayrman

FruitFlow

"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Nayrman

Quote from: SSBBRAWLIN on November 29, 2008, 02:42:24 PM
I've never had the chance to fight you Nayr.
I can't remember if I have your FC or not...
I'll check...

.:DL:.

FruitFlow

Quote from: Nayrman on November 29, 2008, 02:42:59 PM
I'll check...
I just checked mine and your not there.
I'll add you in right now.

@Darklink: If you're still on after my fight with Nayr, I'll fight you.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Someguy13

Nayrman

Quote from: SSBBRAWLIN on November 29, 2008, 02:48:17 PM
I'll check...

sorry bout that, DL was just on (I added you still though)

Some good matches DL, even though you're quite predictable.

Holy crap Zen is good, his fox is incredibally fast! 0_0;;
Ridly, an annoying ROB as always X_X;;

I had to leave cuz of dinner...

.:DL:.

Quote from: Nayrman on November 29, 2008, 05:48:22 PM
Quote from: SSBBRAWLIN on November 29, 2008, 02:48:17 PM
I'll check...

Some good matches DL, even though you're quite predictable.

Yea, I agree I should become less predictable.

Did I play any good mind games though?  I didn't quite notice at all.