News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Is my graphics card good enough to run The Orange Box?

Started by OneManFreakShow, January 24, 2008, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OneManFreakShow

Or even just Portal?

It's an Intel 82845G. Could someone research it a bit and see if it's good enough? I'd do it myself, but I know nothing about that stuff.

Pokesamrus

I hate that game, and portal is worth umm $10 to me

Genius

It's worthless integrated Intel crap.  You won't have any luck with most games at all.

Obviously, Orange Box is out of the question.

LinkXLR

Not even close. You'll be lucky to run Portal on low settings with bad speeds.

I highly recommend the Nvidia GeForce 8600. You'll be able to run most games with good settings at very good speeds. Get two inside your computer and you'll be able to run games like Bioshock with max settings and good framerate.

That's me. :D ^

Also, join the Steam Nsider group for maximum fun.
Steam ID: KarthXLR

OneManFreakShow

Quote from: Genius on January 24, 2008, 09:48:17 PM
It's worthless integrated Intel crap.  You won't have any luck with most games at all.

Obviously, Orange Box is out of the question.

:(

Genius

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 24, 2008, 09:50:52 PM

I highly recommend the Nvidia GeForce 8600. You'll be able to run most games with good settings at very good speeds. Get two inside your computer and you'll be able to run games like Bioshock with max settings and good framerate.

A few huge problems with what you just said.

1. The GeForce 8600 sucks, and there's absolutely no reason to buy it with better cards like the Radeon HD3850 at slightly higher prices.

2. A single 8600 can run Bioshock at maxed settings, but that's not saying muhc.

3. For OneManFreakShow to have something so dated, there's no way he has a PCI-e x16 slot.  None of the GeForce 8 series cards are available for PCI or AGP. 

LinkXLR

Quote from: Genius on January 24, 2008, 09:54:18 PM
Quote from: LinkXLR on January 24, 2008, 09:50:52 PM

A few huge problems with what you just said.

1. The GeForce 8600 sucks, and there's absolutely no reason to buy it with better cards like the Radeon HD3850 at slightly higher prices.

2. A single 8600 can run Bioshock at maxed settings, but that's not saying muhc.

3. For OneManFreakShow to have something so dated, there's no way he has a PCI-e x16 slot.  None of the GeForce 8 series cards are available for PCI or AGP. 
Not to mention that he hasn't mentioned if it's a laptop or a desktop.

Ya know what that means:
NEW COMPUTER TAIME.

That's me. :D ^

Also, join the Steam Nsider group for maximum fun.
Steam ID: KarthXLR