News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Official video game news of the week article/runners up! Jan. 27-Feb. 3 news

Started by Sports1, January 28, 2008, 06:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sports1

I would like to continue what I always did on Nsider, but it just a slight adjusment. I will post a top news of the week article and than some runners up. Now some people will get mad off at me because I may have different taste. Thats fine you can pm me your top news article you think should be shown here and it may end up here, and if it gets really popular I will make a separte one for what the members pick. I will post the new news every Sunday!

Rules: All fourm rules apply, period! If you break a rule you will be reported to a admin/mod. No other rules will apply in this thred at this time.

How to submit an article: It's easy find an article you think should be the winner (or runner up) and pm it to me. It has to be from that week Monday-Sunday  and please post the websites url.

I would like to thank Snorkel and Vaatixganon for letting me do this.

TOP NEWS OF THE WEEK WINNER!

Microsoft knowingly launched a faulty Xbox 360

An "insider source" who was allegedly involved in the testing and manufacturing of the Xbox 360 claims that Microsoft rushed the console to market "when all indications were that it had serious flaws."

According to the anonymous contact close to 8bit Joystick, the dreaded Red Ring of Death is the result of a hasty and negligent Microsoft which knowingly launched a faulty console in an effort to beat Sony to market.

The purported employee claims that Xbox 360 engineering was purposely "under resourced" to cut costs and that redesigned heatsinks only band-aid the larger problem of overheating processors.

"I'm sure [Microsoft] thought that somehow they would figure it out and everything would end up okay," said the unnamed source. "They would rationalize that if the first few million boxes had a high failure rate, a few 10's of millions of dollars would cover it."

In July 2007, Microsoft said an abnormal number of Xbox 360 repairs would cost the company more than $1 billion dollars.

The "insider source" went on to say that 30 percent of all systems fail, and there's a chance that Microsoft may run out of replacement systems due to high demand.

Microsoft on Tuesday called the report "unhelpful" in an email sent to GamePro. "We are aware of the article and have no further comments about the hardware issues discussed in the story," said a Microsoft official. "The article contains anonymous speculation about hardware issues, and speculating on top of speculation is unhelpful."

In October 2007, 8Bit Joystick accurately reported Bungie's split from Microsoft Game Studios a week before it happened.

Source: http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=157748

Take this with a grain of salt, sand. :P Lets wait and see what happens before we get mad at Microsoft.

2nd place winner

Call of Duty 4 named best selling game of 2007.......... http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=158428 I thought it would be Halo.

3rd place winner

GameStop to stock fewer hardcore games....... http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=158008 More games to pick from i guess, but the good games may be hard to find.

Mystic

Not surprising. You can't launch a system and not know that a lot of them units are messed up. Maybe a few, and they wouldn't notice...but as many as there were? No.

Jono2

That's classic microsoft.  I wouldn't have ever thought of that, but I'm not surprised.

Brawl's immense leak over the last 24 hours and the resulting explosion of the internet should've been included though.  The brawl board at gfaqs had 525 during the middle of the leaks last night.  now it has 853. :|

I'm waiting for it to hit 900 so that I can make a "this board is over 9000!" topic. :P

all of the major brawl sites have crashed due to the heavy amounts of traffic.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Sports1

Quote from: Mystic Swampert on January 29, 2008, 10:30:33 AM
Not surprising. You can't launch a system and not know that a lot of them units are messed up. Maybe a few, and they wouldn't notice...but as many as there were? No.

Yes, but the problem is it most, if not all of them are messed up.

Quote from: Jono2 on January 29, 2008, 12:33:41 PM
That's classic microsoft.  I wouldn't have ever thought of that, but I'm not surprised.

Microsoft thinks outside the box. :P

Brawl's immense leak over the last 24 hours and the resulting explosion of the internet should've been included though.  The brawl board at gfaqs had 525 during the middle of the leaks last night.  now it has 853. :|

I'm waiting for it to hit 900 so that I can make a "this board is over 9000!" topic. :P

all of the major brawl sites have crashed due to the heavy amounts of traffic.

Brwal is a great game you can't beat it, only tie it. :O