News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

"Submechanism": another new song!

Started by Zovistograt, March 17, 2008, 12:27:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zovistograt

I was originally making this just screwing around with a distorted kick, but it turned out to be something fairly decent.  The weird part was that it only sounds good at slow speeds, because when I sped it up it lost its flavor I suppose.  So at 100 BPM, this is my slowest song so far O_o

click here to download submechanism.mp3

size: ~3MB
bitrate: 128kbps
length: 3:34
genre: techno-industrial/bass (not really sure but that sounds about right)
BPM: 100

Please listen to the whole thing and C&C ^_^
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Kaz

Very interesting. It needs some work, but you've got a great start on something rather promising.

First of all, let me say that it needs a better beginning. You immediately thrust us into the tune that carries out through almost the entire song. You need an intro.

Now, listening to the part you start us out with gets a bit tiring, unfortunately. It's a bit stale until it picks up at about 1:10 or so. Then it gets undeniably better.

Ew at the waving out effects at 1:46.

After those effects, the only problem I really have is the low quality the song seems to have because of how overwhelmingly "thick" you make the piece sound with the obnoxious bass or whatever that distorted stuff is.

Lastly, the outro is too long. That outro might actually serve better as an intro, when shortened.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

Zovistograt

Quote from: Kazooie-Banjo on March 17, 2008, 10:15:59 PM
Very interesting. It needs some work, but you've got a great start on something rather promising.

First of all, let me say that it needs a better beginning. You immediately thrust us into the tune that carries out through almost the entire song. You need an intro.

Now, listening to the part you start us out with gets a bit tiring, unfortunately. It's a bit stale until it picks up at about 1:10 or so. Then it gets undeniably better.

Ew at the waving out effects at 1:46.

After those effects, the only problem I really have is the low quality the song seems to have because of how overwhelmingly "thick" you make the piece sound with the obnoxious bass or whatever that distorted stuff is.

Lastly, the outro is too long. That outro might actually serve better as an intro, when shortened.
congrats, you're one of the first people to actually really tear one of my songs apart ^_^

The thing is, this was originally supposed to be gabber-style (although the end product isn't exactly that) so I wanted distorted kick to be overpowering, which is usually the main component of a gabber song.  Believe me, I toned it DOWN because it was destroying the other instruments even more.

and yeah, I regret including the oscillating effects D:
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)