News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

So, I guess he DOES have more then 3 jumps *character spoilers*

Started by The_Waddle_Dee_Knight, March 22, 2008, 02:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Waddle_Dee_Knight

Who am I talking about? The man in green of course!

Yup, the one and only... Anyways, back on topic. I found out that Luigi can have 4 jumps (all somewhat small) or 3 jumps (but with this new tactic). I highly recomend this to all Luigi users!

NOTE: There are some tips located at the bottom of the page for Luigi Trainies and Users alike. :)

Well, it all starts here, the Luigi Tornado! As you all know, it can cover some ground, and can travel the distance of more then half of Final Destination! However, what most don't know is how to turn it into a real Tornado!

Okay, this is how it works! Do a standard B down move, and then tap the B button as fast as you can! You will start to travel in an upwards motion, depending on your tapping speed! Pretty sweet eh?

Now onto the jumps:

High jump (the 3 jump one) = Do a Luigi Tornado spin (with the B tapping, Duh :P ), double jump, then a B up! This one will get you MUCH more height then just jumping, jumping, and using your special up movement.

Evasive jump (4 jumps) = Start off by using your 2 stardard jumps, then work your way into a Luigi Tornado. Since you have already covered some air, the Luigi Tornado will hover more then it does fly, kinda like peach's float manuver. Finally, finish it off with a B up! This one covers great distance!

Pretty awsome, right? There's more!

This could possibly make Luigi the Recovery King! Well, this is how it goes...

You get launched, right? You appear off screen, but your not KO'd yet. However, you see your opponent waiting for your arrival back. This is what you do...

Do a non-charged Luigi Torpedo facing the direction of the solid ground, then make your way into a double jump. If your above the grab line, Luigi Tornado and hammer on the B button (If you are below the grab line, use your B up!). And when I mean hammer, I mean HAMMER! Now, one of two things could of happened:

1: Your opponent came up in midair to attack you, canceling out your Luigi Tornado.
2: Your above the ground, but your opponent is going to try a smash attack!

If you get number 1, you could Luigi Torpedo off of your opponent, then use your B up to recover, possibly smashing your foe into oblivion.

If you get lucky number 2, I would highly suggest to air doge, and right when you land to do a side dodge.

Well, there you have it! Hope it wasn't to long to read!

Tips and Tricks

Luigi Torpedo... Plant?

This is when you do a fully charged Luigi Torpedo (a fully charged shot takes a tiny bit more then 3 seconds) or a Luigi Mis-Fire shot (a fully charged shot with no charge time needed, chances are about 10/100 each shot) into a wall. The power of the impact will get Luigi's head stuck in the surface of the wall... 0_0 He then unplucks his head and your start falling again. How is this helpful? If you feel lucky, you might be able to get your head stuck in the side of a stage like final destination. Then just jump to grab the edge!

Luigi Combos

Head, meet floor. Floor, meet sky. Foot, meet face. = Start off by grabbing an opponent. Head bang them at least once, then throw them into the floor. When they reach the air, jump and follow through with an A neutral attack, which will send them flying upwards. Works best at about 30% to 90%, and can KO (by the mid-air kick) at about 110% or higher.

Luigi's Pain train = Almost like the combo above, with the fact that it must be done at really low damage percents. You follow through with the grab downwards action, then do a smash up action from the ground. Jump up, and do an A neutral and jump again, followed by an A up. Unfortunatly, this can usually only be done from about 0% to 29%
Known as TheWaddleDeeMaster on the old nintendo forums.

Interested on knowing how to talk online in SSBB using techiques? Visit my fourm at

http://nsf.projectfcd.com/index.php?topic=21272.0

Game: Mario Strikers Charged
Nsider Name: The_Waddle_Dee_Knight
Wi-Fi Name: NsTheWaddl
Friend Code: 425309-071051

Game: SSBB
Wi-Fi Name: TWD (Soon to be f5TWD hopefully)
Friend Code: 1547-4866-5642

Cakeman

<Insert amazing beautiful sig here>

The_Waddle_Dee_Knight

Quote from: Cakeman on March 22, 2008, 02:02:30 PM
Not again! :P
Hey, I have knoledge! :P And it's the kind where somebody tested it out, FIRST HAND! XD

Now, that was fun and all, but I don't want this to get locked. :P

Interested on knowing how to talk online in SSBB using techiques? Visit my fourm at

Dawei

This is the oldest thing ever. He could do it in melee, and I wouldn't be surprised if he could do it in 64. For people who didn't know it, "LURK MOAR".

I'm considering lock because of the fact that I should be promoting common sense, but I'll give people time to prove this threads uselessness.

The_Waddle_Dee_Knight

Quote from: Dawei on March 22, 2008, 02:05:37 PM
This is the oldest thing ever. He could do it in melee, and I wouldn't be surprised if he could do it in 64. For people who didn't know it, "LURK MOAR".

I'm considering lock because of the fact that I should be promoting common sense, but I'll give people time to prove this threads uselessness.
Yes, I know this was in melee. :P However, ever since Luigi and Mario so-to-say "swaped spins", dynamics have changed. Proof: We all know that now Luigi can bind characters in his spin, and if kept in all the way, turns into 5 damaged hits. HOWEVER, what most do not know is that if you Luigi Tornado spin right at the last second before the final hit (sending them up), you can go with them and send them any way you want them to via mid-air attack. This didn't work in melee much due to the player usually zooming right by the foe. :P Now, that is just some proof of the change, the recovery part is quite different.

In melee, you would only bind the foe in for 2 hits, due to the spinning speed being sped up. That, however, was usualy not enough to block an incoming attack from the air. In Brawl, as I said above, 5 hits is certainly good enough for a block, which then can you use a B up to recover! :P

Okay, enough of me blabbing on. -.- I'll edit some more stuff in non-Luigi users and users alike probably didn't know.  ;)

Cakeman

Quote from: The_Waddle_Dee_Knight on March 22, 2008, 02:05:14 PM
Quote from: Cakeman on March 22, 2008, 02:02:30 PM
Not again! :P
Hey, I have knoledge! :P And it's the kind where somebody tested it out, FIRST HAND! XD

Now, that was fun and all, but I don't want this to get locked. :P
you spelt knowledge wrong :P
<Insert amazing beautiful sig here>

Lotos

Wow, I didn't know about the tornado part :P

This is what I generally do (poopty paint diagram):