News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Ouran High School Host Club

Started by Silly_Penguin, May 29, 2008, 04:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silly_Penguin

Personally i love this anime, but i have yet to read the manga. How is it as far as the story line goes, how close the anime got compared to it (i know they made changes for the end of the anime :P) and just  how is it? (i'm planning on getting vol1 soon anyway). I also bring this up since Funimation has announced that they will be dubbing OHSHC ( http://funimation.com/ouran/ ), that should be released sometime this year. :D
So..what are you opinions on the series and such? ^^

Zovistograt

My friend told me it was an extremely shojo anime, and thus has boys surrounding a few girls instead of the other way around like in seinen.  Since I tried another shojo anime and just found it to be decent...I dunno...

Is it that good?
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Silly_Penguin

Quote from: Zovistograt on May 29, 2008, 05:12:54 PM
My friend told me it was an extremely shojo anime, and thus has boys surrounding a few girls instead of the other way around like in seinen.  Since I tried another shojo anime and just found it to be decent...I dunno...

Is it that good?
Personally, it is one of my favorite anime's, and t's absolutely hilarious! :D Yeah, it kind of does, but it also makes fun of other shojo anime's at times XD Not completely sure what seinen is, but it's different from the anime they show on cartoon-network/adult swim

Zovistograt

Quote from: Silly_Penguin on May 29, 2008, 06:00:34 PM
Quote from: Zovistograt on May 29, 2008, 05:12:54 PM

Is it that good?
Personally, it is one of my favorite anime's, and t's absolutely hilarious! :D Yeah, it kind of does, but it also makes fun of other shojo anime's at times XD Not completely sure what seinen is, but it's different from the anime they show on cartoon-network/adult swim
Shojo is meant for girls.  Seinen is meant for mature guys.  Shojo has more guys than girls.  Seinen is the opposite.  In other words, the name means what type of fan service the anime contains ^_^
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

The Baron

It really depends on your preferences.

This show:
-has very little overall plot (although various episodes have mini-plots.  Less plot than Fruits Basket, more plot than Excel Saga.  Like an Azumanga Daioh, sorta.)
-is filled with fanservice for girls
-has hot men
-has a very spontaneous kind of humor.  I want to call it cartoony humor for some reason.  But that wouldn't make sense because this is a cartoon.
-is filled with cliche
-is a shoujo.

Many characters support the typical character archetypes you see in stereotypical anime.  For example, you have the narcissistic man, the twincest guys, the devious and mysterious man with glasses, the obligatory shota, and the brotherly-like kind of guy.  And of course, you can't forget about the main character girl, who's like the typical main character girl in a lot of shoujo.  Oh, and Renge, the fangirl otaku.

I personally liked it, but I wasn't too into it.