News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Hello...again! What is with this?

Started by scullum, September 24, 2007, 10:02:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scullum

Hey, everyone.  It's me "scullum" registering on this board too...  I think it's hilarious that all these threads have pretty much the same subject line...because it's rediculous to have to register yet again on another forum.  I know there's gotta be some way to transfer everything over, isn't there?  Why do we all have to register again?  I'm glad we have this, and I'm glad people have given money to support this...but how is this whole "merger" going to work exactly?

7Deadly$ins

I wasn't aware there was any merging going on, I heard there wasn't any... Has something changed?

The changing is becuase of bandwith issues, or so I hear.
http://z6.invisionfree.com/BatenKaitos

The biggest Baten Kaitos forum in existence; join today~!

blue_slime

scullum

Quote from: 7Deadly$ins on September 24, 2007, 10:05:10 AM
I wasn't aware there was any merging going on, I heard there wasn't any... Has something changed?

The changing is becuase of bandwith issues, or so I hear.
Well, merging with the old nsider board (the one at the ipbfree place).

scullum

Quote from: blue_slime on September 24, 2007, 10:06:36 AM
we merged with silverhawk's forum
The guy who was banned from the other board?

Mega10

Quote from: scullum on September 24, 2007, 10:08:14 AM

Hmm, wow a lot went on that I didn't know about :P

Medli

scullum

Quote from: Medli on September 24, 2007, 10:15:49 AM
Quote from: Mega10 on September 24, 2007, 10:11:08 AM
Quote from: scullum on September 24, 2007, 10:08:14 AM

Hmm, wow a lot went on that I didn't know about :P
Story of my life xD
Sorry to hear that...but unfortunately this still doesn't answer any of my questions.  haha

JMV

It wasn't possible to merge the databases.   We're sorry about that.  If I had a way to access passwords on the old server I would have tried to manually register every user, but that would have taken hours to do it's just not reasonable.

I offered to do the manual registration but since I don't have the passwords for each user it would become too much of a hassle because they wouldn't know how to log in.
Boyah Forums | Join Boyah

scullum

Quote from: JMV290 on September 24, 2007, 10:51:32 AM
It wasn't possible to merge the databases.   We're sorry about that.  If I had a way to access passwords on the old server I would have tried to manually register every user, but that would have taken hours to do it's just not reasonable.

I offered to do the manual registration but since I don't have the passwords for each user it would become too much of a hassle because they wouldn't know how to log in.

So, is the other NSider (the one Metroid_Fan made) still going to exist or is it going to be shut down?  That is the one this is replacing, right?

scullum

Quote from: scullum on September 24, 2007, 12:32:09 PM
Quote from: JMV290 on September 24, 2007, 10:51:32 AM

So, is the other NSider (the one Metroid_Fan made) still going to exist or is it going to be shut down?  That is the one this is replacing, right?

Is this correct?