News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Wait...shouldn't Platinum be Crystal and Crystal be Platinum?

Started by Nayrman, April 05, 2009, 09:38:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

I can't believe I just realized this, but I just noticed the naming problem with the latest game.
We had Silver, Gold, Crystal but don't you think it would've been better to go Silver, Gold, Platinum?
And then Diamond, Pearl, and Crystal sounds a lot nicer.

Anyone else think this?
Also, as a bonus question, what versions do you think will show up next? I say pokemon Sky version and Pokemon Ocean version...frankly they've run out of colors/elements/thingamabobs to use (Although I'd love to have a pokemon "dirt" version XD )

Neerb

Quote from: Nayrman on April 05, 2009, 09:38:23 AM
I can't believe I just realized this, but I just noticed the naming problem with the latest game.
We had Silver, Gold, Crystal but don't you think it would've been better to go Silver, Gold, Platinum?
And then Diamond, Pearl, and Crystal sounds a lot nicer.

Anyone else think this?
Also, as a bonus question, what versions do you think will show up next? I say pokemon Sky version and Pokemon Ocean version...frankly they've run out of colors/elements/thingamabobs to use (Although I'd love to have a pokemon "dirt" version XD )

Answer 1:  Silver, Gold, Platinum does sound better, but Platinum is a silverish metal and Diamond is a crystal, so they'd be kind of redundant.

Answer 2:  Ruby Sapphire Emerald kind of already was Earth Ocean Sky.  Maybe they could do Sun, Moon, and Comet version.  I personally would prefer them to go back to using colors.  Maybe they could do Orange, Violet, and Sage versions.

Macawmoses

Yeah...kind of backwards.

As for next versions, I predict Elements - ie. Carbon, Nickel, and Copper

D:

Neerb

Silverhawk79

jnfs2014

Friendly Hostile

Lotos

Diamond, Pearl, and Opal would have been the way to go, hrmph >:(

Silverhawk79

Super

Matt

Java

Pokemon Transparent
Pokemon Opaque
Pokemon Translucent

Why did this randomly pop into my head?

GreatGonzales106

Quote from: Java on April 06, 2009, 02:35:05 PM
Pokemon Transparent
Pokemon Opaque
Pokemon Translucent

Someone said opal and that looks like opaque.

Anyway, Platinum should have been Opal. I think Giratina's Japanese name means "fire opal" or something like that.

Neerb

I've got it:  Letters!  Pokemon X, Y, and Z versions!

Java

Quote from: GreatGonzales106 on April 06, 2009, 02:59:10 PM
Quote from: Java on April 06, 2009, 02:35:05 PM
Pokemon Transparent
Pokemon Opaque
Pokemon Translucent

Someone said opal and that looks like opaque.

Anyway, Platinum should have been Opal. I think Giratina's Japanese name means "fire opal" or something like that.
I think that's it! :robotsurprised: