News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

UU/NU Pokemon

Started by Macawmoses, May 05, 2009, 06:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

A topic about our oft overlooked pals, the NU and UU tiered Pokémon.

Do you guys put any in your team regularly? Or do you prefer OU or Uber?

Personally, I love making teams with N/UU. Marowak is a staple in many of my teams just because of the devastation it can unleash. I also love Poliwrath - hypnosis, water and fighting, etc make it beastly.

I've seen numerous great UU/NU teams...what's on yours?

jnfs2014

I don't really like UU/NU, and I haven't been on Shoddy in a few weeks. I'm into Crystal now.

Kierou

My team's tend to vary. I always experiment. However, an annoyance dunsparce and a sweeper Alakazam or Porygon-Z are stables.

Qsmash

I use a Venusaur and a Typhlosion. I'm training a Rotom but I don't think it will be really good.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Qsmash on May 05, 2009, 06:28:30 PM
I use a Venusaur and a Typhlosion. I'm training a Rotom but I don't think it will be really good.
Last time I checked it has good S. Atk.

Qsmash

Quote from: wiiboychris on May 05, 2009, 07:04:35 PM
Last time I checked it has good S. Atk.
It's alright. I just said that because I haven't really tested it yet.

Matt

I always try to work in UU and NU when I can to extent where I still have the chance to win. I use two on my current team, but in the process of working on UU/NU team.

Pascal

I rarely use either in OU, I still play old UU, nUU isn't as fun.
When Shaymin-S was OU I ran Regice.

Red

I love UU pokemon. They're really fun to play with. But like Pascal said, I rarely use either in OU matches. But UU matches are fun as hell. :P

RaveSage

I haven't used many in a long time. Last UU I can recall using might have been Banette. I haven't really gotten into the UU metagame much though. Still doing prep work for Video Game Showdown. D:

Macawmoses

Quote from: RaveSage on May 10, 2009, 11:31:45 AM
I haven't used many in a long time. Last UU I can recall using might have been Banette. I haven't really gotten into the UU metagame much though. Still doing prep work for Video Game Showdown. D:
You need to UU it up with me. I find some work well in OU, as they've been wrongfully forgotten.

RaveSage

Quote from: Macbeth on May 10, 2009, 11:42:42 AM
You need to UU it up with me. I find some work well in OU, as they've been wrongfully forgotten.

I shall, I shall.

I used Mawile on an OU team long ago. It was really funny because it was able to take out Noir and Tyranitar almost every time in TR. Sadly, that wouldn't happen now. Crobat is still being used in lots of OU teams though.
Really, it seems more like the tiers are less like ban lists and more solid gameplay centers, which is good. BL will probably be eradicated into OU since there are only 6 members in there last I checked.

Macawmoses

Eh, I feel some of the BL will be dropped into UU. Gallade for instance.

And yeah, they aren't meant to be banned lists. Imagine getting swept by a Luvdisc :P

Juliette

Porygon 2 is amazing.