News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Pokémon Sure Has Evolved.

Started by JrDude, April 20, 2009, 03:27:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaosgear

waaah waaah waaah. doesnt anyone here have any sense of nostalgia? the sprites give the game its charm that sets it apart! dont change a thing!

Kierou

Is it me, or do you just like to be contrary?

I think that all the space used for that could be used for a full, interconnected pokemon universe next gen.

chaosgear

yes, i do like to be contrary. maybe im just wierd. but these are my opinions, and i prefer sprites. the 3d should be saved for the major consoles, while the handhelds should stick to the sprites we know and love. its the 3d battles that made battle revolution worth buying. other than that, it has no purpose. why buy these other games for 20 bucks extra while the ds has bigger games with the same graphics?

actually, the ds doesnt have enough graphic capability to generate looks like the 3d in colosseum, ect. it would be somewhat lacking, like dragon quest monsters joker. played it. had no clue what the title was about

Zero

Quote from: SmashBro25 on April 22, 2009, 07:39:47 PM
In places with notably changing elevation or abnormal zoom (like stark mountain's zoom), the 2D sprites look awkward, especially for the player character. Making the character 3D in as much a sense as the buildings and trees wouldn't lessen the feel any and would be an improvement in my opinion.

The real 3D-ish changes come when you approach the GCN games, by having 8-directional movement, non-grid-based areas, rotating camera, etc. Or stadium-ish battles.

The overview is fine as is for the most part, but Stadium like battles in 3D shouldn't be too much to ask for for the next handheld games. Sprites are all well and good, but when the technology is there they just start to become lazy somewhat. X_X;;

Technically, current gen should have been able to do it, but Nintendo doesn't like to keep up with graphics (PSP).  Next gen has NO excuse.

This is Nintendo. They have employees with the sole purpose of coming up with excuses.

Lotos

Quote from: Zero on May 31, 2009, 12:41:41 PM
This is Nintendo. They have employees with the sole purpose of coming up with excuses.

Well, I know what I wanna do when I grow up ::)