News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Can someone help me not play like poop?

Started by Jono2, May 28, 2009, 07:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jono2

because seriously, I intercourse ing suck.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Red Alert

practice, i'd recommend staying off the nsf server since it is pretty choppy and you won't really improve very well.

NJNETSFAN15

Play on hard servers.

That's the single best way to getting better.

Go medic, play on a Nocrit server preferably, the Teamfortress2 fort servers, 16slot no critnorandomdamage servers are one good suggestion.

You'll get to see really skilled players, learn some of their tricks, and once you get feeling confident, play whatever.

As a note, generally there pyros, engies, and heavies aren't that common.

Ridley

Quote from: NJNETSFAN15 on May 30, 2009, 06:23:51 AM
Play on hard servers.

That's the single best way to getting better.

Go medic, play on a Nocrit server preferably, the Teamfortress2 fort servers, 16slot no critnorandomdamage servers are one good suggestion.

You'll get to see really skilled players, learn some of their tricks, and once you get feeling confident, play whatever.

As a note, generally there pyros, engies, and heavies aren't that common.

I would say Spy heaven but wtf, no engies?
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

Blade Kiro

Play more, play with friends, watch how-to videos on Youtube.

Should make you a decent player.

QuoteWriting didn't spring forth as some glorious method of transmitting philosophy and ideas. It was developed by Sumerians to keep track of how many bags of grain each jackass owed the government and gradually evolved from there.

NJNETSFAN15

Quote from: Ridley on June 10, 2009, 12:26:30 PM
I would say Spy heaven but wtf, no engies?

Engies aren't forbidden or anything, just the demo's and soldiers on the server are so good that any sg they build is easily taken down.

If you want to see why the engie is underpowered in less than 24 player servers, play on one of those servers. They just get utterly dominated.

Main reason is there aren't as many people to watch over your sg, or to patrol around the area, so you are forced to defend it yourself, which is rather futile against a demo worth his money.

Other than that, watching frag videos is one way to learn some of the little secrets of the class.

Hell, the simplest way to learn is to ask a good one. It's kinda embarrassing, and akward, but I learned how to play soldier from asking a competitive soldier some tips on 2fort. Now, I don't play 2fort that often, but the skills he taught me on 2fort made me a more versatile player overall.