News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

What are the Pseudo-Legendaries?

Started by Neerb, August 25, 2009, 03:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

I've heard that a lot of different pokemon are Pseudo, or Half-Legendaries.  So, I was wondering, does anyone know what they really are?  Is there even an official list?

I have heard that the following are Pseudo-Legendaries:
Arcanine
Dragonite
Tyrannitar
Salamence
Metagross
Lucario
Garchomp
Rotom

I think it's:
Dragonite
Tyrannitar
Metagross
Lucario (MAYBE, cause of the anime and there's only one per game)
Rotom

Drezford_the_Rebell

I am unfamiliar with the term, however I don't see the significance of a Pseudo-Legendary.

DededeCloneChris

None. They fail at even reach"half-Legendary" because of the fact they evolve.

As for Rotom, why would it be a Legendary?

Rayquarian

Pseudo-Legendaries are the pok?mon whose base stats total 600 but aren't considered legendary.

Diloon

Pseudo-Legendaries are:

Dragonite
Garchomp
Salamence
Tyranitar
Rotom
Lucario
Metagross

There's either only 1 per game, or they the main dragon of the game (or in TTar's case, monster).

Rayquarian, those are just very high powered competitive pokemon.

Rayquarian

Quote from: Diloon on August 25, 2009, 03:50:08 PM
Pseudo-Legendaries are:

Dragonite
Garchomp
Salamence
Tyranitar
Rotom
Lucario
Metagross

There's either only 1 per game, or they the main dragon of the game (or in TTar's case, monster).

Rayquarian, those are just very high powered competitive pokemon.
I'm going by bulbapedia's definition.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pseudo-legendary

Diloon

Oh wow.

When I was in like 3rd grade my friend told me half legendaries were everyone I said (excluding Garchomp and lucario)  because of that.

lol I believed him. Failure

Macawmoses

I also think part of it is how they are revealed to the audience. The Japanese loved Lucario as they thought it was legendary - then they realized it wasn't. Arcanine was another one, too. I think that plays into it.

Neerb

So according to Bulbapedia, the pseudo-legendaries are:

Dragonite
Tyrannitar
Salamence
Metagross
Garchomp

Wedge

There's no such thing as 'pseudo-legendaries', it's just a made up term that has no real significance whatsoever. Also, Bulbapedia is ass, don't go to it for anything. Half their stuff is made up and the rest is pointless information.

SwampertGirl

They're Poke'mon with really high stats that can match an uber's. Like Garchomp.

Neerb

Quote from: Wedge on August 25, 2009, 07:11:10 PM
There's no such thing as 'pseudo-legendaries', it's just a made up term that has no real significance whatsoever. Also, Bulbapedia is ass, don't go to it for anything. Half their stuff is made up and the rest is pointless information.

I've heard about Pseudo/Half legendaries since the 90's.  It's not canon by Nintendo, but it is a real term, just like tiers.  And while no site is perfect, I've never seen anything really wrong on Bulbapedia.