News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

The NSFCD Theremin Academy- Just Use Your Hands

Started by SkyMyl, September 08, 2010, 04:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

Super Meat Boy won't be on WiiWare because Nintendo says WiiWare games can't be over 50 MB.

How is 1993, Nintendo?

Edit: 50 GET

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Tupin on December 24, 2010, 02:58:00 PM
Super Meat Boy won't be on WiiWare because Nintendo says WiiWare games can't be over 50 MB.

How is 1993, Nintendo?

That's lamer than lame.

SkyMyl

Quote from: Tupin on December 24, 2010, 02:58:00 PM

How is 1993, Nintendo?

Solution: Retail retail retail retail retail retail retail

Tupin

Quote from: SkyMyl on December 24, 2010, 03:01:29 PM
Solution: Retail retail retail retail retail retail retail
They said it was unlikely, as there "is no money in third party Wii retail." They also said it was mostly music that prevented them.

How have I not bought SMB? Trying to decide between that and the first episode of the new BTTF game.

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Tupin on December 24, 2010, 03:10:02 PM
They said it was unlikely, as there "is no money in third party Wii retail." They also said it was mostly music that prevented them.

How have I not bought SMB? Trying to decide between that and the first episode of the new BTTF game.
Buy SMB.

Doodle

YEAH

Tupin

Nayrman

The game can't be over 50MB on WiiWare? And Nintendo wonders why no one wants to do any online or internet business with them. Then again I don't think Nintiendo particularly cares since being even four years behind modern standards is apparently too costly and difficult for them.

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on December 24, 2010, 03:41:33 PM
The game can't be over 50MB on WiiWare? And Nintendo wonders why no one wants to do any online or internet business with them. Then again I don't think Nintiendo particularly cares since being even four years behind modern standards is apparently too costly and difficult for them.
They seriously now just got demos on WiiWare and they are treating them like something that doesn't come along everyday.

Nintendo really shines on their handhelds. Consoles, well...

At least the Wii's successor will be HD. Yes, it does add a lot to the games. It limits the amount of people who can develop retail games for it, but since both HD consoles have a solid online marketplace, the indie developers don't lose. The Wii? Only a select few companies make profitable games, mostly Japanese studios that are developed and experienced and the online connectivity is horrendous.

Kayo

I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Tupin

Quote from: Kayo on December 24, 2010, 05:48:04 PM
People still spend money on WiiWare?
There's those bit trip games and Jett Rocket.

Once I beat the retro remakes that came out this year, there will be nothing I'm interested in on Wii that I will buy on day 1. It's Ghost Trick on the DS and then the 3DS for me.

Sad that for the first time, a company has a handheld more powerful than their current console. Nintendo needs to rethink their "don't talk about a successor until 50 million are sold in USA" policy soon. The Wii hasn't aging well.

Kayo

What's next for Nintendo after the 3DS? Their next console... Well they're already capable of good graphics and motion. Someone tell me what they could do to make the next console better.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Nayrman

Quote from: Kayo on December 24, 2010, 06:29:53 PM
What's next for Nintendo after the 3DS? Their next console... Well they're already capable of good graphics and motion. Someone tell me what they could do to make the next console better.
1. Actual internet gaming
2. HD
3. Motion control that isn't gimmicky or situational, or just abandon it all together :P
4. Some actual technological specs that don't suck balls

Kayo

Quote from: Nayrman on December 24, 2010, 06:54:42 PM
3. Motion control that isn't gimmicky or situational, or just abandon it all together :P
I got an idea.

Something like Kinect, but it works even if you're black.

Not like that should be the major form of control, oh no. Bring back the controllers. While some games make good use of the Wiimost (and sometimes nunchuck) as controllers (see SMG, SMG2), many games had you hold the wiimote sideways to use as a controller. That feels awkward, in a way. The next Nintendo console should have controllers that just feel godly in your hands, like the 360 controller.
[move][/move]

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Kayo on December 24, 2010, 06:59:58 PM
I got an idea.

Something like Kinect, but it works even if you're black.

Not like that should be the major form of control, oh no. Bring back the controllers. While some games make good use of the Wiimost (and sometimes nunchuck) as controllers (see SMG, SMG2), many games had you hold the wiimote sideways to use as a controller. That feels awkward, in a way. The next Nintendo console should have controllers that just feel godly in your hands, like the 360 controller.
More like the Gamecube controller.