News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

The NSFCD Theremin Academy- Just Use Your Hands

Started by SkyMyl, September 08, 2010, 04:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FruitFlow

Quote from: Kayo on March 01, 2011, 03:36:32 PM
What, that one FC for all games? I've heard it a few places.
No. The 3DS will function similar to the way 360 and PS3 act.
You add them to the system itself only one time and you can view when they're online/offline and what games they're currently playing.

"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Nayrman

Well it's about intercourse ing time Nintendo.

Super

Quote from: Negative Vibes on March 01, 2011, 04:50:55 PM
You add them to the system itself only one time and you can view when they're online/offline and what games they're currently playing.
You are incorrect.

Kayo

I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Nayrman on March 01, 2011, 04:57:51 PM
Well it's about intercourse ing time Nintendo.
That's the exact same thing everyone is saying.
Let's just hope the online play is better than the Wii's.

Quote from: Super on March 01, 2011, 06:59:05 PM
You are incorrect.
Um, like, no I'm not.

"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Super

FruitFlow

Super

Quote from: Negative Vibes on March 02, 2011, 01:53:01 AM
I'm always right sir.
Nah, you still have to deal with friend codes on the 3DS. It won't be like the 360/PS3; they don't have friend codes.

FruitFlow

Quote from: Super on March 02, 2011, 02:39:19 AM
Nah, you still have to deal with friend codes on the 3DS. It won't be like the 360/PS3; they don't have friend codes.
LOL. I know that.

Quote from: Negative Vibes on March 01, 2011, 04:50:55 PM
By "them" I meant the "FCs".
The only 2 things that I was comparing to 360/PS3 was the Buddy List features and "how" the friends are added.
It's one FC per "system", not per "game" like our current gens (DS and Wii). In other words, each system has a unique number attached to it, just like 360 players have Gamertags and PS3 players have PSN Accounts. It's essentially the same thing. FCs only have to be added once just like 360/PS3 accounts need to be added only once.

The 3DS will also function the same way as those 2 by letting you know when your friends are online and what games they're playing.

Super

FruitFlow

Quote from GoNintendo:
QuoteA closer look at the video we posted this morning shows that Friend Codes on the 3DS will be 12 digits long. Remember, there's only one Friend Code per system, and that's used for every game that goes online. On top of that, once you register a friend on your system, you'll never have to register them again for another game.

Quote from Nintendo World Report:
QuoteAt the Nintendo Europe 3DS event in Amsterdam, details of the system's online connectivity were finally revealed. Based on a brief comment on stage at the event, we now know that there will be a single, unified Friend Code per 3DS system. Once players trade their codes, they will be able to connect in all online-enabled games -- there are no game-specific codes as on Wii and DS.

Also, there is a system-level feature allowing you to monitor which of your friends are online with their 3DS systems, and which games they are playing. This will help you to coordinate online matches and build a sense of community. We don't yet know if this feature will also be available within games, or if it is only available on the system's home menu.

Bold = The exact same functionality as with PS3/360.
Something Wii and DS did not have.

I'm a tad bit confused as to why you're saying I'm incorrect.

I'm not saying that the 3DS is a clone of those 2 or anything.
Just comparing how some of 3DS features are similar to PS3/360. In which this case would be the buddying.

Kayo

I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Kayo

[move][/move]