News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

The Warm Feeling of Victory (CYOA)

Started by SkyMyl, October 25, 2010, 07:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyMyl

Ahhhh, Fall. Also known as Autumn, Fall was never one of your favorite seasons. It was a time for sweeping leaves, snuggling in bed, and staying indoors as much as you could, in your eyes. While the gray sky outside was looming over your house and the surrounding forest, you shrugged it off as you continued with your day. After all, you just finished everything on your to-do list. Cleaning the small house, throwing out old food, and deleting some files that used up too much precious memory on your computer only took a couple of hours, and there was still an entire day left.

Nonchalantly falling down onto the couch, you decide to turn your TV on, which was still set to "VIDEO 3" from your marathon two days ago. You casually flip it back over to the default setting and start channel surfing. You look for the weather channel, and when it shows up and tells you just how cold it is outside, a small chill goes up your spine in reaction. Today was a windy day, and with the temperature as low as it is, going outside for little reason other than to restock is pointless.

Yet, as cold as it is, something in your mind makes you want to go outside. There definitely isn't anything to spend the rest of your day with other than lounging around, but the outside world seems so inviting on this windy, cloudy day.

What to do, what to do...

Stay inside your cozy house
Venture outside

Rayquarian

"...Why would I go out there in the cold?  It's so cold out there...and warm in here.  Besides, nothing out there could be more interesting than something I can find on TV.

...500 channels and still nothing to watch.  Guess going outside into the cold wouldn't hurt for just a little bit..."

SkyMyl

Quote from: Rayquarian on October 25, 2010, 09:13:58 PM
"...Why would I go out there in the cold?  It's so cold out there...and warm in here.  Besides, nothing out there could be more interesting than something I can find on TV.

...500 channels and still nothing to watch.  Guess going outside into the cold wouldn't hurt for just a little bit..."
You're voting "stay inside", right? Because the way you posted leads me to assume you think this is an RP, which it isn't.

Dog Food

Quote from: SkyMyl on October 26, 2010, 02:33:56 PM
You're voting "stay inside", right? Because the way you posted leads me to assume you think this is an RP, which it isn't.
Sounds to me like he initially chose "stay inside", but then moved to vouch for "venture out".

Also, I choose to go outside.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Jhen Mohran

Can't stay a rock inside a house forever, ze. I say we see what's outside the house.

Rayquarian

Quote from: SkyMyl on October 26, 2010, 02:33:56 PM
I don't even know how to RP.  I just felt like writing what I thought was going through the main characters head.

I was voting go outside, though.

SkyMyl

Quote from: Rayquarian on October 26, 2010, 08:09:51 PM
I don't even know how to RP.  I just felt like writing what I thought was going through the main characters head.

I was voting go outside, though.
All right, then. I really couldn't tell if it was an RP-esque post or if you were voting to go outside. That said...

"I think I'll head outside today. There's nothing to watch on TV, and I can do anything on my computer at a later time. It's better to spend the day outside, even if it's cold."

You go to your closet and put on some warmer clothes for outside, instead of your pajamas. After putting on a jacket and a pair of jeans, you're all set to head outside into the chilly woods. You reach over to your computer desk where your keys and your phone are, and put them both into your pocket. After all, being locked out of your house with no one to call would mean you'd have to break into your own house.

Upon opening the front door, a rush of wind rushes past you and into the house, forcing a chill to run throughout your body. Paying no mind to the wind, you lock the door behind you to make sure no one finds your house vacant, filled with your personal belongings ready to be snatched. You turn around and start walking in a straight path, taking the time to enjoy the scenery as you walk down the road ahead of you.

As you walk down the leaf filled path, you can't help but feel that you forgot to do something back the house before you left...something rather important. You haven't traveled too far from the house, so there's still time to go back and see if you did forget to do something before you left.

Go back to the house
Keep going down the path

Kayo

I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

SkyMyl

Not entirely knowing what it is you forgot, you decide to return to your house in hopes of figuring it out. Wasn't like you were really far away from your house anyway. Taking a deep breath, you turn around and start walking back to your cozy, humble abode.

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Some time later, you whip the keys out of your pocket and unlock the front door to your house, still not sure why you decided to come back. Once you go inside the house, the door immediately shuts behind you without your own input. It's a little dark inside your house, so you reach near the door for the light switch, to brighten the room up and get a better view.

And then you remember what you forgot: an apple! In a bit of a rush, you dash to the fruit basket in your kitchen before you forget again and pick up the only remaining apple inside the basket. Chuckling to yourself, you lightly throw the apple into the air and catch it, repeating the same motion as you walk back out the front door.

Until you hear a voice.

"Why..."

You pull a 180 and turn around to see if there's anyone behind you, and it doesn't seem to be the case. Maybe coming back to your house wasn't such a good idea if someone managed to break in without any external or internal damage done to your property.

"Why...did you leave me?"

Instantly, the voice is recognizable. The voice belongs to your ex-girlfriend.

"'We'll be together forever'...that's what you told me..."

Why would your ex break into your house? It's been two months since you two last saw each other, but for her to break into your house seems...drastic. For what purpose would she be here?

"How could you...*sob*...lie to me like that?"

You still haven't found her yet. Your eyes are darting all across the room, searching for her, and you're too afraid to approach her, or even speak to her. You quietly inch your way backwards, towards the door in an effort to escape. Who knows if she broke into your house with the intent to kill you, right? Your trembling hand reaches for the doorknob behind you, and quietly, you turn the knob and lightly pull the door...

*Creaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak...*

The door doesn't abide by your stealthy intentions, and lets out an eerily slow creak. If she truly was there, you were about to find out.

"Did you just come back in, my love? Isn't it nice outside?"

Her voice changed once the door cracked. It didn't sound pained, upset, and on the verge of tears...it sounded calm, polite...and somewhat resentful.

"I hope you enjoyed the Autumn air in the time you were outside...you'll be inhaling smoke in just a few more minutes!"

She steps out from behind the kitchen counter across the room, brandishing a large, sharp, knife. You don't notice any other details regarding her appearance, as you dash out the front door and slam it behind you, once you noticed the knife. Knowing full well her actions aren't at all good, you sprint as fast as you can, away from her.

It's then you realize you are still running in a straight line, towards the fork in the road coming up. You steal a brief glance behind you and find that she's nowhere to be seen in the path you just traveled. Maybe she didn't bother to follow you, as unlikely as that sounds.

...or maybe she dived into the woods, hiding behind the trees. You don't want to stay in one place for too long, so you keep running towards the fork in the road. From what you can remember, going left leads deeper into the woods, and going right leads to a small shop.

If only you never went back for the apple.

Go deeper into the woods
Go visit the shop

Rayquarian

And this is why I'm an oranges person.

Well, we're definitely not running any deeper into the forest...unless she suspects that we'll go to the shop, in which case she'll have an ambush ready!  Obviously, the logical choice is to run deeper into the woods, but if she suspects that I will make that choice, she'll ambush me there...

Oh boy...okay...

I'll just say we choose the funner sounding option and run deep into the woods, away from civilization with a crazy killer.

Dog Food

I choose going to the shop - maybe it will lead to buying some cool weapons and lead to an awesome fight scene.

SkyMyl

"*Pant* Can't...keep running*gasp*for much...longer...I*pant*should probably stuh...stop..."

You slow your running speed down. If you kept going, you would have collided with the sign just in front of you, and died from exhaustion. You've reached the fork in the road, which has a worn out wooden sign with three lines of directions written on it.

"<- Left: Moonlit Woods"
"<- Further left: Manā no Hogo
"Right: Millard's Wares ->"

The name of the large estate always sounded retarded to you, but not more than the sign misleading anyone who reads it, as there's a whole forest to go through that takes at least a few hours to traverse on foot. And all you really have is an apple with you. Going through the forest with an upset ex-girlfriend is really stupid, but you don't have that much money to buy anything to defend yourself with...assuming that shop even has such products. It all boils down to whether or not she's still following you or not, which is nearly impossible to tell with the wind blowing leaves all around.

There's only one quick solution: you reach into your left jeans pocket and pull a quarter out. Heads to go into the woods, right to visit the shop. You flip the coin as well as you possibly can, unable to reach a decision yourself. The coin flips three times in the air before it falls to the ground with the satisfying sound coins always make when they tip over.

...heads.

"Why am I even trusting a stupid coin with my life?" you question.

You bend over and pick the coin back up, and put it into your pocket. Armed with a phone, an apple, house keys, and a small amount of pocket change, traverse the path onto the left, leading deeper into the woods, also leading into dangerous territory...

After a few minutes of walking down this path, you're clearly in the neck of the Moonlit Woods, where the leaves turn a particularly pale white when they fall off the trees, no matter the season. It's said that the large trees of the Moonlit Woods, appear to bend and twist in different directions each time the wind blows, as if they were feeling pain for each sudden gust of wind. It's because of this that many travelers, unfamiliar with the woods, are rarely, if ever, seen again after they've entered these woods; on windy days like this, the tree's shapes never look familiar after only a mere ten minutes.

Even to you, a person who has traversed these woods numerous times, thus one who knows how to avoid being lost in such a familiar place, the Moonlit Woods are a tiresome place. There are no maps, and no shortcuts for a place as massive as this. Only hours of walking. Taking in a deep breath, you walk right into the woods, alert for any sounds or movements that don't belong to you, being careful so as to not make noise yourself.

*CRUNCH* *CRUNCH* *CRUNCH* *CRUNCH* *CRUNCH

The leaves aren't as willing to go through with this idea, however.

"Hello again, honey♥"

Seems like your ex found out where you were going off to...with a tone of voice that sounds suspiciously concerned about you.

"Why did you run away from me? I only wanted to give you a hug..."

Just like back at your house, you start looking around. Behind you, behind the nearby trees, in the treetops...you can't pinpoint exactly where her voice is coming from, but she's definitely very close to you.

"You ran out the door like you had seen a demon devouring a loved one...could it be that...y-you're afraid of me?

She sounded like she was about to go through another mood swing, all in the frame of one minute. Maybe she's just having mood swings...could be that time of the month, right? Whatever is going on with her, maybe you were just seeing things back at the house...yeah, there could be a chance you were hallucinating from something, and imagined she was holding a knife.

...but if that's the case, did you really hear what she was saying? And why was she even inside your house to begin with? You never gave her a key to the house, but it didn't seem like there were any signs of a break-in...

Now what? One wrong choice could possibly lead to your death...

Ask her to show herself
Ask her why she broke into your house
Tell her you want to give her a hug
Run away
[Suggest an action]

Dog Food

QuoteTell her you want to give her a hug

But don't actually go through with it. I say keep her in a good mood and try to seem like you like her for now, so she can let her guard down enough so you can slip away later.

Rayquarian

Quote from: Poet Laureate on November 01, 2010, 01:36:16 PM
But don't actually go through with it. I say keep her in a good mood and try to seem like you like her for now, so she can let her guard down enough so you can slip away later.
This.  Get too close, and it won't be pretty.  Seem too distant, and she'll probably go berserk.  Just play inbetween and see how unstable she really is.

SkyMyl

It's a risk, but it's one that you're willing to take. If you've learned anything from the world of games, it's that the harder choices always lead to a brighter future. Channeling your courage, you decide to ask her if she wants a hug.

"...really? You're really accepting of me wanting to give you a hug?"

Her voice seems to perk up even more now that you've told her you want to return the favor. It seems like things are going smooth so far.

"But if you honestly wanted to hug me, then why did you run in terror?"

("...poop! I don't know how to answer this without getting her angry!")

[Suggest an excuse]