News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

So, Arkham City

Started by Flying Chickens, October 22, 2011, 05:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flying Chickens

Anyone got it yet? I'm heading out tomorrow morning once my paycheck goes through to buy it.

Any good?

Kayo

I heard the hype level was intense.

The real question is, does it live up to the hype?
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Flying Chickens

Quote from: Kayo on October 22, 2011, 05:21:28 PM
I heard the hype level was intense.

The real question is, does it live up to the hype?
It's gotten rolling reviews of about 9 or 10/10 or the equivalent of that on different rating systems, across the board. The only critique I've really heard is cliched dialogue, which is expected for a Batman anything. I'm stoked to death for it.

Kayo

Quote from: Hover Poultry on October 22, 2011, 05:24:15 PM
It's gotten rolling reviews of about 9 or 10/10 or the equivalent of that on different rating systems, across the board. The only critique I've really heard is cliched dialogue, which is expected for a Batman anything. I'm stoked to death for it.
I still pool those big fancy reviews in with "hype"; I'm much more concerned to see how the general public likes it.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

BOREDFOREVER

I really enjoyed the first one, and I'm going to get this one.

Just not right now.  My game budget is tight right now, and with MW3 in 16 days and Skyrim in 19 I just can't justify the purchase right now.

Flying Chickens

Quote from: BOREDFANBOY on October 22, 2011, 06:13:35 PM
I really enjoyed the first one, and I'm going to get this one.

Just not right now.  My game budget is tight right now, and with MW3 in 16 days and Skyrim in 19 I just can't justify the purchase right now.
I'm in the exact same boat, but I enjoyed Arkham Asylum a lot more than Call of Duty, and I haven't been too hyped up for Skyrim, so I'm going with Arkham City before the other two.

Bearissoslow

I'm watching a let's play of it and it looks underwhelming compared to the first one.

PsychoYoshi

It gets my ex-roommate's strong recommendation for what it's worth. I got a free coupon for it along with my 560, but it doesn't drop on Steam until Nov 15, and I might raffle off the coupon for a console copy, being that WB decided to implement not only Steamworks, but also GFWL and SecuROM.

Neerb

This is one of my top two most-wanted games this year.

And I probably won't be able to afford it until next year.

Flying Chickens

Quote from: Bearissoslow on October 22, 2011, 08:37:13 PM
I'm watching a let's play of it and it looks underwhelming compared to the first one.
You troll often, so I'll take this with a grain of salt. But noted nonetheless.

Bearissoslow

Quote from: Hover Poultry on October 22, 2011, 10:06:18 PM
You troll often, so I'll take this with a grain of salt. But noted nonetheless.

god you guys didn't make it far from ns2 did you?

i don't troll, i point out how wrong and pathetic you all are. trolling is when I feel like imitating you all.

Flying Chickens

Quote from: Bearissoslow on October 22, 2011, 10:32:21 PM
god you guys didn't make it far from ns2 did you?

i don't troll, i point out how wrong and pathetic you all are. trolling is when I feel like imitating you all.
:(

Bearissoslow

i'm the most beautiful being in the world and you're all just here to steal my air

my life is a tragedy

Kayo

This is getting annoying.
[move][/move]

Flying Chickens

Quote from: Bearissoslow on October 22, 2011, 10:39:44 PM
i'm the most beautiful being in the world and you're all just here to steal my air

my life is a tragedy
I'll write the musical score when Tim Burton directs the movie version of your life. Deal? Cool.

Anyways, back on topic, are you sure it wasn't just because you were watching gameplay videos, and not playing the game? I often find gameplay videos to be underwhelming just because it's someone else playing the game.