News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Memories

Started by Tupin, March 07, 2013, 07:58:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

Remember when the only way to get a game was to actually go down to a store and get it? Games actually got thoroughly playtested, since having a game-breaking glitch would mean the recall of thousands of discs/cartridges. The only expansion packs that were out were essentially completely new games, and they cost less than the original game.

I guess I'm just sick of paying money to be a beta tester. I'm sick of companies treating their consumers like criminals. I'm sick of brown and grit, but I'm also sick of "art games" and "retro-inspired" stuff.

Maybe I should just go back to playing old PC games.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Zero

You're really bummed about Simcity, eh?

Custom

remember when you bought a game and that was the whole game right there
adn then  they more you played it the more stuff you unlocked

boy i love on disc dlc

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Tupin

Quote from: Z on March 07, 2013, 08:11:37 PM
You're really bummed about Simcity, eh?
It kind of made me get a little bit nostalgic, yeah.

It's a shame there's no new mainstream PC games released that don't require some sort of integrated store/launcher thing. I guess it's really EA's problem, but Steam is a bit much for me too.

It's why I buy games off of GOG so much, even if they usually are older. They do get some new games, but they tend to be of the "indie" variety. There are still good new releases, and there's no DRM or bloated storefront.

Just a game.

Tupin

Quote from: Custom on March 07, 2013, 08:18:10 PM
remember when you bought a game and that was the whole game right there
adn then  they more you played it the more stuff you unlocked

boy i love on disc dlc
Animal Crossing technically had on-disc DLC. You had to buy a GBA, e-Reader, and cards if you wanted some stuff.

zephilicious

Quote from: Tupin on March 07, 2013, 08:22:30 PM
Animal Crossing technically had on-disc DLC. You had to buy a GBA, e-Reader, and cards if you wanted some stuff.

there's a difference (albeit a small one) between bonuses for owning related games/products and paying for those bonuses directly

also it was really easy to unlock all the secret poop by looking up catalog codes or whatever

and yes intercourse  modern games. i mean i hate how elitist that sounds, but really i've mostly given up the hobby for the last few years and i coudn't be happier.
~~ <3

Viewtifulboy

How are those memories?  There are only a few companies that treat their customers like scum and they're in the minority.

Custom

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 08, 2013, 11:12:52 AM
How are those memories?  There are only a few companies that treat their customers like scum and they're in the minority.

there was a time where Capcom didn't suck poop
that's a memory I have of them
and if you still think Capcom is a good company then you'll never become a writer for destructiod because you've missed out on important news and incredibly stupid decisions they've made like 12 times in a row now

Zero

Quote from: Custom on March 08, 2013, 01:55:55 PM
there was a time where Capcom didn't suck poop
that's a memory I have of them
and if you still think Capcom is a good company then you'll never become a writer for destructiod because you've missed out on important news and incredibly stupid decisions they've made like 12 times in a row now

i miss capcom

Custom

Quote from: Z on March 08, 2013, 02:02:28 PM

i miss capcom

remember resident evil
what a fun game
how'd they even mess that one up

remember megaman
what happened to that dude

remember when they were going to make another legends game
that was cool

remember when the put box art megaman in street fighter x tekken as a intercourse  you to people complaining about wanting to see more of their mascot
that wasn't very cool of them

remember when devil may cry was an over the top action game and not full of teen angst and dante's dialog completely becoming "hey intercourse  u vagina i'm edgy"
also remember when it had lock on and getting an S felt great and not something that happened naturally every 30 seconds
also remember when it was actually difficult and didn't need gimmicks like "omg when u die once you gotta start the whole thing over" to feel that way

remember when games came complete and they didn't have the on disc dlc like in resident evil 5 and every fighting game they've ever made

remember "lol this is the final perfect version of street fighter iv" and it was fine but then they continued to release more versions rip my wallet

Zero

pepperidge farm remembers

✞Guts' Butt✞

Remember the Alamo?

Viewtifulboy

Capcom is the best game company of the generation.

Custom

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 09, 2013, 07:05:46 AM
Capcom is the best game company of the generation.

lol way to not know anything about current gaming
good luck you intercourse in' terrible ass excuse for a journalist

✞Guts' Butt✞

Quote from: Custom on March 09, 2013, 02:21:19 PM
lol way to not know anything about current gaming
good luck you intercourse in' terrible ass excuse for a journalist
Hey man with an attitude like that we'll never make it as Kotaku Gaming Journalists™