News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Is it me, or are items more common in HG/SS?

Started by Lotos, April 03, 2010, 12:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lotos

I have like 11 Rare Candies and 5 Max Revives.  You used to only get one or two Max Revives a game.  Rare Candies were also rarer I believe.  I'm no complaining, but I think I could beat the Elite Four a little bit more easily with all of the items that I have accumulated so far from the adventure.

What's you opinion on this?

Mikoyan

How did you get so much? By the time I faced the E4, I had 2 Rare Candies and only 1 Max Revive.

So_So_Man

well, item finder is easier to use, so thats probably why they are more common

Cornwad

So_So_Man

you get the dowsing machine in the 4th gym's city

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: So_So_Man on April 03, 2010, 04:18:32 PM
you get the dowsing machine in the 4th gym's city
Just enter the house next to the Gym and talk to another friendly guy who gives things to strangers. ;)

bluaki

Quote from: So_So_Man on April 03, 2010, 03:37:20 PM
well, item finder is easier to use, so thats probably why they are more common
I personally think the new dowsing machine is much more annoying to use

Friendly Hostile

Quote from: bluaki on April 03, 2010, 07:51:13 PM
I personally think the new dowsing machine is much more annoying to use
How?  You can actually easily pinpoint where the item is instead having to listen to a series of beeps over and over again and search on sound alone.

So_So_Man

Nevermind the whole "only pull it out once until the next choice" thing

bluaki

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on April 03, 2010, 09:55:58 PM
How?  You can actually easily pinpoint where the item is instead having to listen to a series of beeps over and over again and search on sound alone.
...huh?
The itemfinder I'm familiar with makes my onscreen character face directly towards where the hidden item is.

Cornwad

In my experience pokemon item finders give off beeps, and give off more beeps when the item is close.

Mikoyan

The HGSS itemfinder acts like radar; it replaces your menu prompt on the bottom screen with a grid when activated. If you touch and keep the stylus on the grid, it'll make a 5x5 circle that you can move around the radar screen. When there's no item close, it's dull red, but if you move the circle close to where an item would be, it turns brighter yellow and makes a higher pitched beeping sound each time you move the circle.

Lotos

Quote from: bluaki on April 04, 2010, 12:41:41 AM
...huh?
The itemfinder I'm familiar with makes my onscreen character face directly towards where the hidden item is.

This one is easier.  You hold down the touch screen and it shows you where it would be on the grid.  I just wish it wouldn't beep if there aren't any items in the vicinity.