News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Your "stance" in school?

Started by thunderhero4, July 22, 2008, 12:17:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jono2

I had a ton of friends, but not a ton of close friends.  I knew probably 80% of our grad class, about 30% of the grade 11s, and maybe 5% of the grade 10s (those I knew I knew from piano, and as a result I was pretty close with).

I was part of the geekish crowd, on the outskirts of the "core christian values" crowd, and also part of the "indie-hipster" crowd.

and I was in band too, so.... yeah.  part of that.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

HoganM

I'm friends with mostly everyone, but i usually only hang out with a certain group of friends, who can be described as sort of nerdy and sort of ignorant.
I'm decently intelligent but very lazy, and i'm good at some sports, but i don't really enjoy playing most sports.
I don't really fall in with any particular crowd...

Usually what happens in school is me and my friend sitting in the back of the class popping out witty things to make the class laugh and piss off the teachers. And then we get thrown out of class >.>;

Ron

Eh.
I have a ton of friends, but we're not nerds, we're not badasses, or jocks, we're kinda our own little group right in the middle. I have a few preppy friends, but most of my friends belong from that group.

Click me ^

Spam

I have a group of friend's who are smart, love sports, games, and are some what lazy.

Though something did happen with some carrots.

jnfs2014

Qsmash

I'm one of those cool nerds you hear about but don't quite know.

thunderhero4

Quote from: Darklink on July 22, 2008, 05:58:26 AM
Quote from: Rayquarian on July 22, 2008, 05:57:00 AM
Why do you have to suck at math to be a jock?  Can't there be hybrid stances?  Why is American High School so overly social?
All he really proved in that post was that he's a retard who can play sports and date whores.
Yeah, pretty much. Except she is the farthest thing from a whore >:(

Silly_Penguin

*had made a post but it got erased when posting due to a connection problem with the forum*

nerd/outcast/loner/and apparently some people think i'm emo (i never thought i was though :-\)

I would be considered a nerd mostly, since i generally get grades in the 90's (i would die if they went below that in my math class, since it was pathetically simple last year :|), love band and choir <3, and can often be seen in the hall in between classes reading some book or manga. I don't generally talk to people in my classes (unless some of my friends are there, or someone starts talking to me), so i'm not very social. Although i noticed i'm more inclined to talk to people in band/choir (or just in a music or art related thing in general :P).

sonicdude164

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on July 22, 2008, 07:52:47 AM
Uhhh...

I'm sort of like the bridge to the popular and unpopular crowds...
Not considered a nerd, but of course gaming is an addiction to me. <3
Plenty of friends and people who know me, but going to a new school soon won't help all that much.
In decent shape if only by nature's good grace for I don't try to do anything about it.  :D
Smart, but I'm extremely lazy which is going to be a bad thing very very soon. D:
Yeah that's pretty much me minus the new school part.

Tupin

Quote from: sonicdude164 on July 22, 2008, 10:56:32 AM
Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on July 22, 2008, 07:52:47 AM
Uhhh...

I'm sort of like the bridge to the popular and unpopular crowds...
Not considered a nerd, but of course gaming is an addiction to me. <3
Plenty of friends and people who know me, but going to a new school soon won't help all that much.
In decent shape if only by nature's good grace for I don't try to do anything about it.  :D
Smart, but I'm extremely lazy which is going to be a bad thing very very soon. D:
Yeah that's pretty much me minus the new school part.
Same for me too.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Playat

Anything except being popular and outgoing

I'm quiet most of the time

Water ☮

Everyone in our school falls into one of the following:

thugs/whores: There is plenty of ignorance in these people, all they do is scream and shout through the hallways, sell/buy drugs, and reproduce. Not at all the smartest in any class, But they are more popular then the AP kids. Also the most Populated group.

Goth/Emo/: There isn't many in our school, a few in the smart classes, others just don't give a poop about school. Not very popular, though they do get noticed.

AP kids: This is where I'm at. The AP students would have to be the Third most popular group. We are admired for our intelligence. We definitely carry the school. We're a tight group seeing how there is such a small amount of us. We all are good friends and have a few enemies here and there.

Preppy white people: all the preppy kids in our school are white (except one) they are a bit popular but not much. no one cares about them really, though they think they're the poop. Very stuck up.

Seniors: By senior year most students mature into hard working adults. I really do admire the seniors at our school. They are always a close group even though there is so many of them. Definitely the most popular group.

ME86

Macawmoses

Eh, much like HTA, I am a bridge.

I am among the top in my grade, and score ridiculously high on the Social and English exams, and decent in the Math and Science courses. The fact I had the best marks on all of my CATs (Canadian Tests) in my school is testament to that...

...which is where things get interesting. I do, indeed, get labeled a nerd, and so forth, and some of my friends get it a lot worse, but at the same time I play sports ( I have a thing against teams, so typically fun leagues), and feel obliged to help my moron friends. With that, the same group of people that'd be likely to call me a nerd, are good friends of mine...

...which is weird :x I don't mind labels, but my school's politics are very weird. I am friends with Goths, druggies (these ones particularly like me for some reason), jocks, preps (another group that likes me), nerds...

...I do, however, like it. It means if I need something, it is always at my disposal. My calculator runs out of batteries right before a math exam? I'm set. My hockey stick breaks in two during a game. Set. I need cheap drugs to sell to the preps? Set. :P

Being a bridge is perhaps the best place I could be.

Mystic