News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Driving

Started by Magnum, May 04, 2010, 08:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnum

Well, I finally just got my permit not even a week ago. It is pretty fun to drive, but pretty freaky too. Right now, I'm driving an old F-150, which has good handling, but is so big it freaks me out.

So, what is everyone else at for driving? I know we have a few people underage and a couple of people overage, but just overall, what do you drive and how long have you been driving?

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Been driving since I was 17-18 and have had my license since then. I currently drive a 2006 Kia Spectra.
...̅̅̅

DSGamer3002

I've had my license for almost a year and I got my permit almost 2 years ago so I guess I've been driving for almost 2 years. I'm a pretty good driver, except when it comes to areas like San Francisco or New York City where trying to fight through traffic is like trying to fight against 10,000 armed gladiators by yourself with nothing more than a grain of sand.

I drive my parents' old Chrysler Sebring 2002 convertible. It has over 110k miles on it and in the past month it's been in shop about 4 times.

Mystic

Going to sign up for my drive test saturday. I've had my permit since August 2009.

arachnid

I drive a bike and I've been doing so since I was 6.

Honestly I'm not into the idea of driving, and being the space case that I am, I would likely be a dangerous driver.
l   l              l   l                                       l    l            l    l
                                                              \   i             i   /
                                                               \\ \          /  //
                                                                \\  \ [  ] /  //
                                                                   \\[{ }]//
                                                               //--{[[ ]]}--\\
                                                             //  //  [{}] \\  \\
                                                            //  // {{[]}} \\  \\
                                                           //  // ({[[0]]}) \\ \\
                                                           ii   ll (({{0}}))  ll  ii
                                                           ii   ll  \({{}})/  ll  ii
                                                            l   l    \({})/     l   l
                                                                      \---/

SkyMyl

I walk. Not interested in driving.

Spud

Quote from: SkyMyl on May 05, 2010, 11:59:08 AM
I walk. Not interested in driving.
^ I would have had my license a year ago if I wanted to drive.

Allegory

Been driving for about two years and have a '93 buick. It's a great car to have.

Gwen Khan

been driving for about 8 years now, I have a Camry not sure of the year

Chris8492

Ehh, i don't have my license yet but i can drive under a permit or a certain amount of time.

For the people who don't drive, you aren't missing much really, unless you are interested in racing on tracks.

PsychoYoshi

I have an old Mercury Villager minivan. I also hate driving because I'm one of the few people who actually follow driving laws and courtesies like turning off my cell phone when I'm driving, signaling when I lane change, and never going beyond 5 over the posted limit.

Dog Food

Quote from: PsychoYoshi on May 13, 2010, 03:01:18 PM
I have an old Mercury Villager minivan. I also hate driving because I'm one of the few people who actually follow driving laws and courtesies like turning off my cell phone when I'm driving, signaling when I lane change, and never going beyond 5 over the posted limit.
I follow the rules, too. Except my parents always taught me that it was ten miles over the posted limit... And I don't turn my cell phone off, I just put it in the back seat with the rest of my poop and ignore it until I get to my destination.

I still only have my permit, though. I can get my license at any time, I just have to go in and take the tests.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Night the Lucario

I don't want to drive. I don't want to learn how to drive. I'm going to have to anyway, due to the fact that my Dad is going to be gone for a bit into school and I need to drop and pick up my youngest brother. Which irks me. Plus, it's driving! I have less of a reason to drive than I do to have a cellphone! I'd rather walk or bike everywhere. *glares at the Blackberry sitting on my desk, off*
When one lives by the pen, one dies by the angry characters you misused. But it's too much fun not to!
Forsooth, I AM insane! FEAR ME, YE MORTALS, OR DESPAIR AT MY INSANITY! *insane cackling*
Ahem. Anyone have an RP? I need an outlet for my randomness. ;D
Think another thought, dream another dream, live another lie.
I'm writing poetry. Anyone have a request?
I'm Night the Lucario. Although that should be obvious. Just look at the sig. Or title and PT.

PsychoYoshi

Quote from: Kibbilin on May 13, 2010, 03:13:34 PM
I follow the rules, too. Except my parents always taught me that it was ten miles over the posted limit... And I don't turn my cell phone off, I just put it in the back seat with the rest of my poop and ignore it until I get to my destination.

I still only have my permit, though. I can get my license at any time, I just have to go in and take the tests.

Depends on the cop, the road you're driving on, and what everyone around you is doing. Lenient ones will give you 10, stricter ones will only give you 5. I like playing on the safe side.

Potestas

I got my driving permit last year in the summer on my second try. Been enjoying it ever since.

Mind you, over here in Holland, the age minimum is 18 and everyone drives manual. Dutch traffic is renown for being something you can compare to running Linux. Once you understand it, it works like a charm.

Click the sig to level it up. Go to Ichimonai.com to learn more.