News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Um..hello.

Started by Transient Link, September 21, 2010, 07:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Transient Link

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on September 21, 2010, 09:09:45 PM
We're not really much of an Nsider clone anymore, to be honest. However, we're doing some changes this coming week(s), and it'll be interesting.

So what definition of forum are we then? Just general gaming? Any particular reason why we are so dead though? Perhaps we should turn this place into a full website. Like Zelda Universe. I say this because they have a lot of stuff outside of the forums that gets visitors.

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on September 21, 2010, 09:13:08 PM
Welcome back little dude.

Thanks big dude. I remember you, my old favorite mod right?

Mystic

Quote from: MARLUXIA on September 21, 2010, 09:17:37 PM
Like Zelda Universe. I say this because they have a lot of stuff outside of the forums that gets visitors.
Well, we know have Tidal Wiki, NFES, and Arcade. We also have Area 6.

Transient Link

Quote from: Mystic on September 21, 2010, 09:25:55 PM
Well, we know have Tidal Wiki, NFES, and Arcade. We also have Area 6.

They do game guides, articles about things in the Zelda Universe (Like Skyward Sword) so here you could do articles about popular titles in gaming.

Macawmoses

Quote from: MARLUXIA on September 21, 2010, 09:29:19 PM
They do game guides, articles about things in the Zelda Universe (Like Skyward Sword) so here you could do articles about popular titles in gaming.
We leave that for one of the sites we host. That's 8th-Circuit.com, which you should check out. Especially if you're interested in writing.

Anyways, howdy again ol pal. As has been noted, we're differentiating more and more from NSider as we age, while NSider2 is getting closer and closer to the old forum (meaning, the staff is more and more distant).

We're just generalizing while other parts of our site seek to do more specific things. Tidal is going to be an archive of sorts, Area 6 for gaming (more or less), 8th-Circuit for articles, and our affiliates for...well whatever they like.

As for your name, it's Profile -> Account Related Settings. Not going back to the link moniker are you?

Transient Link

Quote from: Mace on September 21, 2010, 09:34:52 PM
We leave that for one of the sites we host. That's 8th-Circuit.com, which you should check out. Especially if you're interested in writing.

Anyways, howdy again ol pal. As has been noted, we're differentiating more and more from NSider as we age, while NSider2 is getting closer and closer to the old forum (meaning, the staff is more and more distant).

We're just generalizing while other parts of our site seek to do more specific things. Tidal is going to be an archive of sorts, Area 6 for gaming (more or less), 8th-Circuit for articles, and our affiliates for...well whatever they like.

As for your name, it's Profile -> Account Related Settings. Not going back to the link moniker are you?

You could say I'm going forward with a different Link moniker. And really now? I didn't see the links to these websites...Though I wasn't looking for them. I will definitely look into 8th-circuit. I like writing about gaming aspects that I enjoy. As you know.

Mystic

8th-Circuit is actually part of NSFCD? I thought it was just an affiliate?

Macawmoses

Quote from: MARLUXIA on September 21, 2010, 09:37:48 PM
You could say I'm going forward with a different Link moniker. And really now? I didn't see the links to these websites...Though I wasn't looking for them. I will definitely look into 8th-circuit. I like writing about gaming aspects that I enjoy. As you know.
We're just setting up the footer in the coming days.
Quote from: Mystic on September 21, 2010, 09:38:27 PM
8th-Circuit is actually part of NSFCD? I thought it was just an affiliate?
We host 8th-Circuit.com. We also do some of the tech stuff for it (like update the Circuit Boards, etc.). And, of course, I contribute articles.

Transient Link

Quote from: Mace on September 21, 2010, 09:44:22 PM
We're just setting up the footer in the coming days.We host 8th-Circuit.com. We also do some of the tech stuff for it (like update the Circuit Boards, etc.). And, of course, I contribute articles.

But 8-circuit has its own forum...I must agree that they seem more like an affiliate.

Macawmoses

In a sense it is. It's a lot less an affiliate then someone like Ichimonai.com, which is wholly independent. For instance, we do cross promotions, etc. They're like our best friend. And their forum is deader than ours.

Transient Link

Quote from: Mace on September 21, 2010, 09:52:04 PM
In a sense it is. It's a lot less an affiliate then someone like Ichimonai.com, which is wholly independent. For instance, we do cross promotions, etc. They're like our best friend. And their forum is deader than ours.

Well why not make our own website? You know a blog or article library. And maybe do game guides!! Game guides are fun but they are really hard work so you need like 2-3 people for most.

Magnum

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Transient Link on September 21, 2010, 09:37:48 PM
We're working on the issue of links, hence the whole Network thing.

Transient Link

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on September 22, 2010, 12:57:57 PM
We're working on the issue of links, hence the whole Network thing.

Well what would be the "home base" of all these sites? Like what one site is going to link to everything else?

Macawmoses

You're on it. We are the primary host, and will be changing a few things to serve as a hub. We're also looking at unified logins, etc.

As for doing it ourselves, we don't have the capacity as this time.

Transient Link

Quote from: Mace on September 22, 2010, 01:16:07 PM
You're on it. We are the primary host, and will be changing a few things to serve as a hub. We're also looking at unified logins, etc.

As for doing it ourselves, we don't have the capacity as this time.

Ah I got you. How would I apply for 8-circuit? I don't have to become a forum member do I? As you said unified logins could be a possibility in the future, and this Login has a bit more respect to it (with 2k posts and all). I'd just hate to start out with 0 posts yet be writing articles for the website. I know some people look down on that because they would think I am not a part of the community.