News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Will the Wii ever get a really big 3rd party game?

Started by Ciel_00, December 25, 2007, 01:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciel_00

The Gamecube failed with 3rd party support and didn't get any big 3rd party games IMO.  What will the Wii get?  Will the Wii get a huge 3rd party title? 

Mutilator7

extraz

Mylo

Quote from: Ciel_00 on December 25, 2007, 01:44:00 PM
The Gamecube failed with 3rd party support and didn't get any big 3rd party games IMO.  What will the Wii get?  Will the Wii get a huge 3rd party title? 

If you ask me, Resident Evil and Resident evil 4, while it was exclusive, were huge third party titles for the console. They might have not achieved the sales a hyped beyond belief game receives, but I still feel that they were two titles that stood out from the rest.

As for the Wii receiving such titles, one can hope developers will take the system in a serious vein and develop titles that cater to core gamers, instead of releasing half-assed ports and mini-game compilations. It wouldn't hurt for Wii owners to venture out to their local retailers and purchase quality titles once released. The Nintendo faithful are notorious for purchasing anything that bears the Big N's moniker on it, despite the quality of the software.

Zack and Wiki is a fantastic title that died at retail. If no one purchases the software, why even bother making it? Support the developers that are making an effort to create software that is of quality and utilizes the hardware in ways that offer an alternative, and not just a simple gimmick.

Triforce_Luigi

Rayman Raving Rabbids was a third party game that did pretty well at release. A sequel is coming up. Resident Evil was a fairly huge franchise, and it's on the Wii with RE4 and Umbrella Chronicles.

Nintendude92

Guitar Hero is huge. Rayman and MOH are pretty pwnsome.
I'm MarioBoy29. :o

Sig under construction, avatar to be updated. My sig is aincent.

thunderhero4

hmm, Spore, okami, and mushroom men are the only ones I can think of...

CONMAN15

GCN got RE4, and wii has gotten zack and wiki. Its just that no one buys zack and wiki for whatever reason, but its gotten amazing ratings.

Sk8teland85

Well I am not sure if I would call it big but NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams is definetally a good game that is a lot of fun.

blue_slime

Monster Hunter is big... in Japan.
And tri~ will be exclusive too.