News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Bungie being unfair?

Started by HTA!, July 30, 2009, 11:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HTA!

I went to play Halo 3 the other day and was shocked to find that I only had about 3 game modes open for me to play with my current level of DLC.

Almost all my old favorites needed Mythic, which in my opinion is ridiculous.
Each DLC is $10 excluding the free ones, which I believe are only the first 2 sets if even that.

Forcing people to buy $20-$30 in DLC just to have access to online is borderline bullpoop. Not everyone, especially new buyers of the game, want to get all this DLC. I couldn't even play social slayer iirc, and I've bought 2 DLC packs.

I'm fine with DLC being released, but making it a requirement for a majority of the game is unfair. At least go the route of CoD and disable the maps should some people not have them. And then make specific game modes for DLC.

Thoughts?

Magnum

Quote from: HTA on July 30, 2009, 11:43:29 AM
I went to play Halo 3 the other day and was shocked to find that I only had about 3 game modes open for me to play with my current level of DLC.

Almost all my old favorites needed Mythic, which in my opinion is ridiculous.
Each DLC is $10 excluding the free ones, which I believe are only the first 2 sets if even that.

Forcing people to buy $20-$30 in DLC just to have access to online is borderline bulls***. Not everyone, especially new buyers of the game, want to get all this DLC. I couldn't even play social slayer iirc, and I've bought 2 DLC packs.

I'm fine with DLC being released, but making it a requirement for a majority of the game is unfair. At least go the route of CoD and disable the maps should some people not have them. And then make specific game modes for DLC.

Thoughts?
Agreed. I'm not getting $20 of maps when I'm going to get them from Halo: ODST anyways. Plus I can get games like Wolfenstein 3D and Battlefield 1943 with the money instead.

Besides, not like I play Halo much(or own it at all)

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

whatwewishfor

youre just mad because youre poor
whatever

Magnum

Quote from: Www4 on August 01, 2009, 10:50:33 PM
youre just mad because youre poor
Don't rub it in, darn it :|

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Mutilator7

You don't know how much people on the Bungie forums complain about this. The DLC isn't that much, they made a whole map pack free. There is 5 playlists you can play if you have heroic. Oh and btw you can play social slayer, it requires no DLC to play. I will however agree that the playlist changes to require mythic is a bit ridiculous considering it just came out.

Triforceman22

you guys are poor lol.
Legendary costs 600 and mythic is 800.
which is roughly 1 1400 points card, and is only 20$.

Come on...

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

I it would be fine if more of the social playlists weren't dlc required. Or at least maybe not until ODST comes out.
...̅̅̅

Super

Quote from: Triforceman22 on August 02, 2009, 01:12:08 PM
you guys are poor lol.
Legendary costs 600 and mythic is 800.
which is roughly 1 1400 points card, and is only 20$.

Come on...
$20 is a lot if you only have $0, poop hole.

Triforceman22

Quote from: Super on August 02, 2009, 08:13:12 PM
$20 is a lot if you only have $0, poop hole.

then get a job.
...Asshole.  :O

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Lohn Jocke

I don't think the point is for the price as much as it is the fact that we already paid for the game AND live, so we shouldn't need to waste more money to play an online game, especially when getting live pretty much promised that. It isn't the price, it's that we need to pay more than usual.

Well it's not like Live is essential for halo, (although that's what most people buy it for) and the online is technically an extra aspect to it since the game does have a single player, and a full non internet required multiplayer. I think there were a couple playlists that you didn't need to pay for maps to play online also. I will say though that it does suck having to pay for the maps.

Also, part of the reason for making more playlists require the newer maps is so the new maps will show up more often so the people who did pay for them will get more chances to play them, and probably so more people will buy the maps.
...̅̅̅