Main Menu

How to hack Brawl

Started by Ridley, August 06, 2008, 07:50:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QingXin

Quote from: Ridley on August 06, 2008, 06:04:06 PM
Quote from: JrDude on August 06, 2008, 05:48:16 PM
dang how I'd LOVE to do that........
But I gotta wait a while, to see if anything makes it f*** up the Wii, like maybe a Wii update. 'Cause some games need a Wii update to work, so I'm not taking the chance.

The twighlight hack is made to work around the updates.
You're aware that Nintendo is constantly trying to find ways to prevent the hacking that's going on on their weak, weak system...

Ridley

Quote from: TamJammerz on August 06, 2008, 06:06:29 PM
Quote from: Ridley on August 06, 2008, 06:04:06 PM
Quote from: JrDude on August 06, 2008, 05:48:16 PM
dang how I'd LOVE to do that........
But I gotta wait a while, to see if anything makes it f*** up the Wii, like maybe a Wii update. 'Cause some games need a Wii update to work, so I'm not taking the chance.

The twighlight hack is made to work around the updates.
You're aware that Nintendo is constantly trying to find ways to prevent the hacking that's going on on their weak, weak system...

What if the next Wii update patches the Twilight Hack?
The System Menu 3.3 Update has patched this bug by deleting the corrupt savegames on startup, but the latest release of the Twilight Hack works around it.

The only way to patch Twilight Hack would be to press new discs or have the system patch the game upon loading it. The likelihood of the former depends on whether or not they intend to keep fixing bugs anyway -- this hack is probably not enough reason for them to restart production of the discs. (That having been said, there are already two different NTSC/US versions of that game, so a third could be released.)

Patching the game while loading is unlikely for a number of boring reasons. It's a lot of work with very little benefit -- until homebrew activities threaten Nintendo's revenue, don't expect them to expend serious effort to stop it.

...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

Matt

Why do you care about Brawl hacks so bad? Didn't Dawei say any use of Brawl hacks will result in a ban? Not only that, use of hacks will make it so people not want to play against you.

Red

Quote from: `Matt` on August 06, 2008, 06:54:32 PM
Why do you care about Brawl hacks so bad? Didn't Dawei say any use of Brawl hacks will result in a ban? Not only that, use of hacks will make it so people not want to play against you.
When you use the Twilight hack, the codes only work if both Wii's have the same exact codes turned on. Also, I believe Dawei said hacks online will get you banned. So either you turn the codes on in competitive battles and have them fail, or you have a fun, pre-stated hacked match.

Cornwad

The stage hacks are really cool looking. I can't remember all the times I thought all the extra space around some pieces was completely ridiculous...

Ridley

So he will ban you if you use a differnet costume? That sounds a little extreme.
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

Matt

Quote from: Ridley on August 06, 2008, 08:04:47 PM

So he will ban you if you use a differnet costume? That sounds a little extreme.

A hack is a hack no matter how you look at it.

Quote from: RedSox on August 06, 2008, 07:46:57 PM
When you use the Twilight hack, the codes only work if both Wii's have the same exact codes turned on. Also, I believe Dawei said hacks online will get you banned. So either you turn the codes on in competitive battles and have them fail, or you have a fun, pre-stated hacked match.

True he did say online, but I like I said above, "A hack is a hack no matter how you look at it".

QingXin

I gotta agree with "`Matt`, the Hacker Policeman  :P"...

I'm never for hacks... Never owned a Gameshark/Action Replay, and never will. I sucks all the fun out of the game, imo.

Matt

Quote from: QingXin on August 07, 2008, 05:22:45 AM
I gotta agree with "`Matt`, the Hacker Policeman  :P"...

I am not. D:

Ridley

Uploaded a lot of pics on the first page. Check them out.
...It's quite obvious...

Cornwad

Apparently people are hacking With Anyone so that you can play on Target stages :D

JrDude

Quote from: Ridley on August 09, 2008, 07:55:52 PM
Awsome pics ♥

Also, if I hack, is it possible to un-hack?
[move][/move]
Dude .

Ridley

Quote from: JrDude on August 09, 2008, 08:10:50 PM
Awsome pics ♥

Just delete the channel and format your SD card. You have to start with an empty one in the first place.
...It's quite obvious...

JrDude

Quote from: Ridley on August 09, 2008, 09:24:39 PM
Quote from: JrDude on August 09, 2008, 08:10:50 PM
Awsome pics ♥

Just delete the channel and format your SD card. You have to start with an empty one in the first place.
So if I take out the SD card, the hack is gone 'till put back in?
I'm just trying to make sure nothing permanent happens...
[move][/move]
Dude .

Cornwad

If you were to use the Mr.L costume, would you still be able to use all of Luigi's other colors?