News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Super Smash Flash 2- Demo v0.4b

Started by HTA!, March 21, 2009, 10:12:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HTA!

Hey Smash Board, first post in a month or so...

Well, we all remember the crappy flash version of Melee from a year or so ago.
Damage was wacky, controls were horrid.

Well, the guy who made that is making a sequel, SSF2.
And let me say this; I am amazed. The improvements, even for only a demo version, are astounding.
This latest version came out about a week ago, download it now.

I honestly enjoy playing this, and have since put it on a USB drive to play during school.
So, what are your thoughts on this game, its predecessor, and the future for SSF2?
All I want is a better run function and slightly improved physics, but even now I love it.

Doodle

I think I played an early version of it.
There's too many anime characters. It's supposed to be Smash Bros. game, yet there are characters from Naruto and a bunch of others that really don't belong.
YEAH

HTA!

Quote from: DOODLEboy99 on March 21, 2009, 11:31:17 AM
There's too many anime characters. It's supposed to be Smash Bros. game, yet there are characters from Naruto and a bunch of others that really don't belong.

I like the diversity

shadowmarioguy

Hmm...  The first one sucked.  This one actually made some big improvements.  It played much better than the first one.  I don't like the controls, though.  But that's probably just because I'm used to playing games with a controller versus a keyboard.

HTA!

Quote from: shadowmarioguy on March 21, 2009, 03:59:35 PM
Hmm...  The first one sucked.  This one actually made some big improvements.  It played much better than the first one.  I don't like the controls, though.  But that's probably just because I'm used to playing games with a controller versus a keyboard.
I found a pretty good set-up.

Up on the keys work best for jumping in my opinion, but I'm still playing around with it.

A for physical attacks, D for special attacks, and S for grab works pretty well.
Q is shield and E is taunt.

Neerb

Magnum

I liked the first one :( . Oh well can't wait to play it. Seems like it's gonna be even better.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Doodle

Quote from: Sinbad on March 21, 2009, 03:03:47 PM
Quote from: DOODLEboy99 on March 21, 2009, 11:31:17 AM
I like the diversity
True.
I don't know, they don't really fit in. To me, anyways.
YEAH

Neerb

It's pretty fun, although I hope they get it to run better.  Still, it's a huge improvement over the first game.

Are there only six characters and levels in the current version, or can I unlock more?

HTA!

Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on March 22, 2009, 12:47:35 PM
It's pretty fun, although I hope they get it to run better.  Still, it's a huge improvement over the first game.

Are there only six characters and levels in the current version, or can I unlock more?
Read the web page. D:
Its a demo, and there are only 6 characters.

shadowmarioguy

Quote from: Sinbad on March 21, 2009, 04:47:42 PM
Quote from: shadowmarioguy on March 21, 2009, 03:59:35 PM
I found a pretty good set-up.

Up on the keys work best for jumping in my opinion, but I'm still playing around with it.

A for physical attacks, D for special attacks, and S for grab works pretty well.
Q is shield and E is taunt.
Wow I didn't even realize you could change the controls.   :P  I'll try that.

Playat

Ah yes SSF2 demo v0.4b is great so far. The next demo gonna have some major updates like characters, menu, etc hopefully. ;D
Anyway I'm trying to make my own fan character as an expansion so I can play as myself sorta. It is most likely that SSF2 will have online play and possibly be playable on the Wii.

I can't wait for this game to be finish. :)

FruitFlow

SSF2 is freakin epic compared to the lame and rediculously made first version.
Not only are the controls or damage horrible.
There wasn't even a recovery move in it, which made gameplay worse than it already was.

I'm really liking these new improvements and can't wait to actually play the real thing.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Marrato

The First was fun to mess with but the second one is a Lot better.
I'm also trying to get may Fan Made Character in there as well.
Brawl FC:3910 0777 5590