This time I was pikachu the whole ten rounds...teh stats:
First: 5
Second: 4
Third: 0
Fourth: 1

You have to admit, that is better. :P
yes their still level 5's... :(

Dawei

Obviously better, but you still got last place.

For you choice of Pikachu, do you choose him because you just like him as a character, or you enjoy his play style?

Also, I would reccomend training on 6's instead of 5's, simply because 6's have really bad DI (directional influence) and 5s, while they still have bad DI, DI better than 6's. It'll help you land you aerial attacks. Once you can beat 6s 10/10, go back to 5s.

Zora Link

Quote from: Dawei on January 03, 2008, 04:08:00 PM
It was once, and that was the ninth round...:(

Qsmash

Good to see you're improving. :)

Dawei

Quote from: Zora Link on January 03, 2008, 04:10:09 PM
It was once, and that was the ninth round...:(

olol post update

Zora Link

For you choice of Pikachu, do you choose him because you just like him as a character, or you enjoy his play style?

Also, I would reccomend training on 6's instead of 5's, simply because 6's have really bad DI (directional influence) and 5s, while they still have bad DI, DI better than 6's. It'll help you land you aerial attacks. Once you can beat 6s 10/10, go back to 5s.
-_- It logged me out when I was posting... >:(

anyways...
I chose pikachu at the first because of 2 things:

1. I like pokemon
2. Down+B spam (which I no longer do)

And I guess He just kinda became my main...I now try to stratagize with him and stuff. His play style just kinda...idk...stuck with me, I guess.

And you told me to stay with level 1, 5, and 8...so now I'm just confused...

Shujinco2

Quote from: Zora Link on January 03, 2008, 04:20:36 PM

anyways...

1. I like pokemon

And I guess He just kinda became my main...I now try to stratagize with him and stuff. His play style just kinda...idk...stuck with me, I guess.

You know what annoys me, my sister's best character is OBVIOUSLY Marth and Dr. Mario, but she will almost NEVER play as them because they aren't pokemon. :-\

She plays with Pichu ALL THE TIME! And it's annoying, becaise she just can't PLAY AT ALL with pichu.

We played Pichu vs. Pichu. I got hit once.

Dawei

anyways...

1. I like pokemon

Because of those two reasons, I recommend trying out new characters. When I first started playing, I would use link because I liked him, but I was really really bad. I started switching up my characters, and I've gotten a ton better. It shouldn't always be about liking a character for who they are, but how they play/if you do well with them. But if you really want to use Pikachu, DOWN SMASH MOAR. You should be winning plenty at that level if you use it.

Yes, I know I said 1, 5, and 8. They are the best to train on regularly. But if you are having trouble with 5, it may be better do use 6s a bit. While level 5 will help you in the long run, level six will help you in getting more offensive. Kind of replace 8 with 6, and then with 7, and then up to 8, if that makes any sense.

Also 1Vs1.

Zora Link

Quote from: Dawei on January 03, 2008, 04:28:48 PM

anyways...

1. I like pokemon

Because of those two reasons, I recommend trying out new characters. When I first started playing, I would use link because I liked him, but I was really really bad. I started switching up my characters, and I've gotten a ton better. It shouldn't always be about liking a character for who they are, but how they play/if you do well with them. But if you really want to use Pikachu, DOWN SMASH MOAR. You should be winning plenty at that level if you use it.

Yes, I know I said 1, 5, and 8. They are the best to train on regularly. But if you are having trouble with 5, it may be better do use 6s a bit. While level 5 will help you in the long run, level six will help you in getting more offensive. Kind of replace 8 with 6, and then with 7, and then up to 8, if that makes any sense.

Also 1Vs1.
that's why I bolded "at the first". I like the way he works...honestly, pikachu would probably have to be my best character...then link, or young link, or marth, or roy, or Dr. mario. (I really have tried all of them...'cept bowser and ganondorf...can't take the slowness.)
And I do down smash (so that's what you call it...) a lot. I just used to do nothing but.
I'd upload a video, but I have none of the proper equipment or tools to do so.
and on 1 v. 1, I can beat level 9...about 50-60% of the time

Dawei

If you like the way he works, than that is all there is to it. Enjoying how you play your character, and now just who he/she is will help you immensely.
Yes, anything with the c-stick is called a smash. Speaking of which, do you use the c-stick? It's generally accepted as a noobish thing by newbish players, but it can help greatly, and is used and well accepted within the professional community. Pikachu has some high priority aerials, and the c-stick will help him.

If you can do well enough to beat Level 9s 5-6/10 times, you can't be completely bad. But unless you just have poopty defence, you shouldn't do much in FFAs, and even then only on you vs everyone else.

And speaking of videos, I reccomend watching some Pikachu videos on youtube. Anything with Chu dat, preferably. I'll try to find some. It can really help with strategies, and knowing what your character can do.

Edit: Here is a good one.

Zora Link

Quote from: Dawei on January 03, 2008, 04:46:11 PM
If you like the way he works, than that is all there is to it. Enjoying how you play your character, and now just who he/she is will help you immensely.
Yes, anything with the c-stick is called a smash. Speaking of which, do you use the c-stick? It's generally accepted as a noobish thing by newbish players, but it can help greatly, and is used and well accepted within the professional community. Pikachu has some high priority aerials, and the c-stick will help him.

If you can do well enough to beat Level 9s 5-6/10 times, you can't be completely bad. But unless you just have s***ty defence, you shouldn't do much in FFAs, and even then only on you vs everyone else.

And speaking of videos, I reccomend watching some Pikachu videos on youtube. Anything with Chu dat, preferably. I'll try to find some. It can really help with strategies, and knowing what your character can do.

no, I use the buttons...I've never even touched the c-stick before...(it is the buttons that do the same thing...right?) XD

So your saying not to do Free-for-alls? Sorry to sound noobish, but I really want to improve, and I'm not quite sure what your saying...:(

[/faceplant]
I shoulda thought of that...D:

Dawei

Quote from: Zora Link on January 03, 2008, 04:52:06 PM

If you can do well enough to beat Level 9s 5-6/10 times, you can't be completely bad. But unless you just have s***ty defence, you shouldn't do much in FFAs, and even then only on you vs everyone else.

no, I use the buttons...I've never even touched the c-stick before...(it is the buttons that do the same thing...right?) XD

So your saying not to do Free-for-alls? Sorry to sound noobish, but I really want to improve, and I'm not quite sure what your saying...:(

[/faceplant]
The C-stick is the yellow thing angled under the b button. I'll make a diagram if you still need help with that.

Yeah, I'm saying don't do Free-for-alls. It can teach you bad camping habits (there are right ways and wrong ways to camp), and decrease offensive potential. I know when my friends would play 4 and 3 player matches often I would just sit on the side and spam Arrows with link or the blaster with Fox. 1vs1 will make you use all (or most) of what is at your disposal.

Zora Link

ok...pikachu lost...and that was a good one to show me?

@_@
too much jerking around, they can't stand still?
And he hardly used downB at all...

Zora Link

Quote from: Dawei on January 03, 2008, 05:00:06 PM
Quote from: Zora Link on January 03, 2008, 04:52:06 PM

[/faceplant]
The C-stick is the yellow thing angled under the b button. I'll make a diagram if you still need help with that.

Yeah, I'm saying don't do Free-for-alls. It can teach you bad camping habits (there are right ways and wrong ways to camp), and decrease offensive potential. I know when my friends would play 4 and 3 player matches often I would just sit on the side and spam Arrows with link or the blaster with Fox. 1vs1 will make you use all (or most) of what is at your disposal.
I know what the C-stick is. :P
I just never used it before.
ok...I'm gonna try a ten round against level nines one on one.
see how that works out...

Dawei

Quote from: Zora Link on January 03, 2008, 05:01:57 PM
ok...pikachu lost...and that was a good one to show me?

@_@
too much jerking around, they can't stand still?
And he hardly used downB at all...
Jerking around and not staying still exactly why I showed it to you. You should never stand still, unless it is part of some uber-advanced mind game. Because there is always frames of lag for everything you do you should just wait for someone.

Down b isn't a down smash. A down smash is down on the c-stick (Or slamming down on the control stick and at the same time). And yes, I know he didn't do that much either, but at your current skill level you should use it.