News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

So, F Zero GX

Started by えっちーせんぱい, June 07, 2008, 04:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

えっちーせんぱい

Personally, if they try adding anything to screw up the driving, it will get worse. Maybe a few new racers and a better story mode, as well as a track editor, and we'll be good.

If they soften up the game for the casual asses out there, it will most likely kill it for the hardcore gamers that can actually beat the missions on GX xD

Tupin

Well, they are going to make it a little easier, that's to be expected in a Wii game.

I hope they allow support for a GCN controller or at least a Classic Controller.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

The Seventh

Quote from: Blaziken on June 22, 2008, 05:07:59 PM
Personally, if they try adding anything to screw up the driving, it will get worse. Maybe a few new racers and a better story mode, as well as a track editor, and we'll be good.

If they soften up the game for the casual asses out there, it will most likely kill it for the hardcore gamers that can actually beat the missions on GX xD
Well, they might add more levels of difficulty (like very easy) and enable other (albeit more tedious) ways to get everything along with the traditional, very hard (and far less time consuming) ways to get everything.  I also hope that you can get to use vehicles you made in GX, as I have a few who kick a** and take names (including my favorite, Sacred Cannon G-4).  It rules, okay?  I have taken every record I have and keep shredding them up with it.  And I also tear up the competition.
meh

Nayrman

Nintendo will find some way to intercourse  it up... If it isn't Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, or casual shovelware they couldn't care less...

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on June 23, 2008, 03:23:24 PM

Nintendo will find some way to intercourse  it up... If it isn't Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, or casual shovelware they couldn't care less...
They only seem to make good games when they aren't doing well...

Let's see how E3 is this year, then I will pass judgment. I would be happy with just a new Pilotwings.

How badly can they mess up F-Zero, anyway?

Nayrman

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on June 23, 2008, 03:33:46 PM

Nintendo will find some way to f*** it up... If it isn't Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, or casual shovelware they couldn't care less...

Let's see how E3 is this year, then I will pass judgment. I would be happy with just a new Pilotwings.

The same thing they do every messed up series pinky,
TRY TO CHANGE THE GAMEPLAY! *look at Star Fox AHEM*

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on June 23, 2008, 03:50:15 PM

Nintendo will find some way to f*** it up... If it isn't Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, or casual shovelware they couldn't care less...

At least they partially fixed it in Star Fox Command.

Watch them turn Pilotwings into a racing game that's linear instead of a free-flying game where you perform certain tasks at your own leisure.

Nayrman

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on June 23, 2008, 03:53:05 PM

Watch them turn Pilotwings into a racing game that's linear instead of a free-flying game where you perform certain tasks at your own leisure.
Everything is linear nowadays...barely any exploration in Nintendo's stuff besides Metroid X_X;;

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on June 23, 2008, 03:59:13 PM

Everything is linear nowadays...barely any exploration in Nintendo's stuff besides Metroid X_X;;
It's like they are taking a step backwards.

The only games these days that should be linear are puzzle games and some racing games.

Nayrman

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on June 23, 2008, 04:05:05 PM

The only games these days that should be linear are puzzle games and some racing games.
The only racing game that wasn't linear was Diddy Kong Racing X_X;;
I understand having a structure, but good gawd at least let me walk around where I want. I miss Mario 64's exploration X_X:;;

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on June 23, 2008, 04:06:42 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on June 23, 2008, 04:05:05 PM

The only racing game that wasn't linear was Diddy Kong Racing X_X;;
I understand having a structure, but good gawd at least let me walk around where I want. I miss Mario 64's exploration X_X:;;
I may sound like an idiot right now, but I liked Super Mario Sunshine better than Galaxy because it was less linear.

I hope the Pilotwings at E3 rumor is true, I love that franchise.

Jono2

lolwut

exploration in METROID?

that hasn't been seen since MP2, debateably MP.

They can screw up F-Zero by kicking off the previous developers that made GX such a gem, by making it easy, by trying to modernize it (no tights, no 80's looks), by adding in items, by adding in more guard rails, by changing the music around, etc...

however, if they give us GX with online capabilities, I'll be fine.  I'm tired of being blue shelled at midway through the last lap in Mario Kart.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Tupin

As long as they don't put in rubberband AI like Mario Kart and have a track/machine editor as well as online, it will be good.

Doodle

I have this game, but only played it like once. I need to get back into it. :P
YEAH

えっちーせんぱい

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on June 27, 2008, 10:29:53 PM
As long as they don't put in rubberband AI like Mario Kart and have a track/machine editor as well as online, it will be good.
I actually liked the fact that if I was in first I could stay in first without someone coming up randomly and hitting me. If it does happen, you'd have to be going slow or crashing a lot, and you get more than 1 machine, you'll get about 5 or 6 at once.