News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

KORG DS-10...what we do and don't know about this thing

Started by Zovistograt, June 22, 2008, 04:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zovistograt

As you may or may not know, the renowned synthesizer manufacturer KORG is making a DS synth, coming out in Japan on July 25th.  However, there seems to be a lack of definite info about this thing...the official KORG site has no mention of it, and the site of the direct producer (AQ Interactive) isn't very clear about output.

The problem is that even if it is a good softsynth that is super-convenient because of its relatively low price (good softsynths are NOT usually $50-$65) and its being on the DS, it may not be able to give the output that is needed.  I came across an image of a possible MIDI output the other day but, to my disappointment, that was an earlier MIDI hack for the DS and not the DS-10.  The website says that you can "exchange sounds and songs and play multiple units simultaneously through a wireless communications link", but that doesn't even mention a computer-DS interface.  I mean, I have the audio cables to record using the headphone jack, but I believe there would be some loss of sound quality.  Also, in the video of the KORG DS-10 in action, it shows a guy using it with an amp on the table next to him.  Is there actually a wireless connection of some sort to the amp?
  Wait, no, he is in fact using the freaking headphone jack.  But what about that wireless thing?  Intriguing.

video of 4 of them working together

maybe for synchronization...

tl,dr: KORG's DS synthesizer's output is a mystery.  Discuss what you have found.

I think I'll import it regardless...should be fun >.>
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)