News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

The Beatles now on iTunes

Started by Eizweir, November 22, 2010, 04:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eizweir

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

Light

Cool? I guess? I already have a majority of their discography, so...
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

ThePowerOfOne

A little late there, eh?

I don't really care. Kinda irritating how the announcement takes up the whole home page of iTunes, I never really liked The Beatles much, so it's not that big a deal to me. I wish they would have gotten AC/DC instead.

Mystic

BOREDFOREVER

Don't care.  I like the Beatles, and I use iTunes, but the point has been made many times before and I will re-iterate and expand on it here.

The Beatles music is widely available, and often for a low price.  Apple acted like they were debuting some kind of previously unavailable gift from God, and I was surprised to see so many people latch onto that.  What, are the great-unwashed masses able to navigate and download music through iTunes but unable to put a disc in their disc drives and grab the music from a CD?

What the intercourse  is this?  It sickens me.  It's the worst kind of advertising and seeing it lauded in pop-culture media by swill sucking sycophants makes me want to go absolutely insane.  How far are we going to tumble?  How much are people going to simply accept what they're told when they have been living in a world where the truth is surrounding them?  It's the Tea-Party, it's Sara Palins's reality show, it's Glen Beck, it's Iraq war protests, coffe shops as "indie hang-outs, the war on terrorism, High School Musical and every other bit of propaganda that we have been spoon fed this millennium in a pure, unadulterated, unabashed commercial form and people are eating it up like lap dogs.  It's a distillation of our reality into a cheap plastic button for us to wear and believe instead of actually looking at the world around us.  Apple is not some cool, alternative company.  I don't give a good god-darn how manny turtlenecks Steve Jobs tries to wear.  They are a giant corporate machine just like their supposed oppressor, Microsoft.  They have some good products.  Some of those I use.  But I have no illusions about who I'm giving my money to.

One month ago you could buy a Beatles CD and put it on your iPod.  Now you can buy those same songs through iTunes, though the original avenue has not been closed.  There is nothing news-worthy about this.  There is nothing for discussion or debate.  This sudden change is not laudable, it's simplistically stupid.  The only thing here is a meta-discussion, a meditation on the fact that something so inane is a discussion at all.

The Beatles made good music, then great music, then they went batpoop insane and John Lennon married some screeching ninny amd got shot.  Now Apple is intercourse ing the corpse and trying to act like Jesus Christ for doing so.

Strawberry Fields Forever.

Silverhawk79

So I could go buy the Beatles discography and rip it to my computer in lossless/near lossless quality, or buy it and have it in a 128kbps .m4a file.
GEE THIS CHOICE IS HARD.

Shujinco2

SkyMyl

Kayo

Too much of a big deal about it. I mean, we don't need commercials or anything. Everyone who likes the Beatles PROBABLY already has enough of their music already.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Homewrecker

OH BOY OH BOY

MY FAVORITE BEATLES SONG IS CAN'T GET NO SATISFACTION, HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS

Chris8492

Isnt that the Rolling Stones you were talking about?
Quote from: Persephone on December 17, 2010, 05:54:44 AM
OH BOY OH BOY

MY FAVORITE BEATLES SONG IS CAN'T GET NO SATISFACTION, HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS

Custom

Quote from: Mystic on November 22, 2010, 08:19:57 PM
Fuck the Beatles. Just saying.

Fuck Michael Jackson you intercourse ing prick.
That guy intercourse ed over The Beatles. You're an poop hole.
They helped him out and all he gives them is intercourse ing stealing their songs. What a intercourse ing poop hole. I'm glad he's dead. |:

anyway intercourse  apple
I already have all their albums remastered on cd
helter skelter is the best guys

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Mystic

Quote from: Black Mage on January 01, 2011, 05:20:48 PM
Fuck Michael Jackson you intercourse ing prick.
That guy intercourse ed over The Beatles. You're an poop hole.
They helped him out and all he gives them is intercourse ing stealing their songs. What a intercourse ing poop hole. I'm glad he's dead. |:

anyway intercourse  apple
I already have all their albums remastered on cd
helter skelter is the best guys
lol