News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

NSFCD PODCAST - EPISODE THREE: "Ahoy, Eh?"

Started by Light, June 09, 2010, 08:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you leave if we made K a staff member?

Yes.
5 (62.5%)
No.
1 (12.5%)
All of the above.
2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Light

WELL IT'S ABOUT TIME

Silver and I are proud to give you our first ever attempt at creating a podcast for the site. You can listen to it HERE. In this episode, our pilot, we discuss upcoming forum events, E3 2010, and how we need music for the opening/ending of the podcast. We hope you enjoy, and post any comments or questions you have on it in here.

We'll also try to get more people in on this, so if you want to be included in the podcast, PM either myself or Silver about what you can do/pre-record that will make it more interesting and entertaining. We want this to be fun for everyone!

Enjoy!

--

Episode Zero - Pilot. Light and Silver kick off the first podcast by awkwardly discussing upcoming forum events, E3 predictions, and the need for official music. (Length: 20:46)
Episode One - Everybody Loves Zovi! Special Guest Zovistograt joins Silver and Light for discussion on the new opening theme, as well as E3, Area 6, and Random Readings! (Length: 37:07. "IF I MUTE THE MASTER THEN" included, 45:32)
Episode Two - The Lost Episode. May or may not ever be released EVER.
Episode Three - Ahoy, Eh? Swiss army knives! Site expansion! Stenobot! K! Pokemon! This episode has it all. Special guest is Kyle MacKinnon. (Length: 32:58)

Download Stenobot's "Sink or Swim We'll Go Together": http://stenobot.com/

--

EPISODE ZERO CORRECTION: In it I say that I have never played a Half-Life game. I've actually played Half-Life Deathmatch, but I don't believe that really counts, as it's not a game in the main series.

EPISODE THREE CORRECTION: "Sleepy Room" at the end of the podcast is, for some reason, only playing at half speed. Sorry for the inconvenience. But it still sounds badass.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Silverhawk79

oh god my voice sounds retarded
also I really need a new microphone because this sounds like poop when I talk

Spud

WELL IT'S ABOUT TIME

Just some opinions, sounds somewhat awkward and much to Silver's knowledge, his voice doesn't sound as good as it could. At least you have some conversation going.  :silverD:

Also Light, I hate you for note playing HL2. :silverindiff:

Light

Quote from: Spud on June 09, 2010, 09:18:18 PM
WELL IT'S ABOUT TIME

Just some opinions, sounds somewhat awkward and much to Silver's knowledge, his voice doesn't sound as good as it could. At least you have some conversation going.  :silverD:
Yeah, the awkwardness factor was something we were highly aware of. We hope to tone it down a bit in any upcoming episodes where we'll hopefully have more people in it.

D:

JrDude

Light sounds funny and Silver is loud in comparison.

Still listening to it now.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Light

Quote from: JrDude φ on June 09, 2010, 09:24:20 PM
Light sounds funny and Silver is loud in comparison.

Still listening to it now.
Yeah, I'll try to fix the volume input with my mic in the next one. And funny? Uh... thanks?  wut;

JrDude

You're Welcome!
[move][/move]
Dude .

Neerb

I just lol'd; "Why is Super Mario Galaxy on the list? It's already out..."

Silverhawk79

WELL IT'S ABOUT TIME

I just ordered a new mic off Amazon for...$3 (including shipping).
The mic itself cost a penny, but reviews were good.
LET'S TRY IT OUT

MoS

Any mic that is that cheap will sound like poop.

Neerb

I'm really curious about that theme song idea you guys mentioned... I think it would be awesome if we had one, but do you guys mean we should make an original one, or just take it from somewhere else?

Light

Quote from: Mewtwo on June 09, 2010, 09:49:57 PM
I'm really curious about that theme song idea you guys mentioned... I think it would be awesome if we had one, but do you guys mean we should make an original one, or just take it from somewhere else?
An original one. Regarding this, NSFCD's very own ZOVISTOGRAT is currently developing the opening music for our podcast. We give our thanks to him.

Allegory

An opening theme would be good.
You could also do like game reviews when there aren't any new games coming out (hearing another opinion would be nice for once). Just a suggestion.

Light

Quote from: Allegory on June 09, 2010, 09:55:12 PM
You could also do like game reviews when there aren't any new games coming out (hearing another opinion would be nice for once). Just a suggestion.
Yeah, I was throwing around ideas for something like reviews, but we came up with the idea for this particular podcast in less than 24 hours. But for upcoming episodes, we'll definitely have special, specific segments.

Mikoyan

This is pretty good for a first start, but there are some issues.
-Mike issues: already expounded upon
-Awkwardness: a "mediator" usually fixes this; you probably already have one chosen
-Topics: good topics in themselves, but a general outline of discussion instead of "E3, DISCUSS" would be helpful
-Transitions: moving from topic to topic could be a bit smoother; ie. using leading questions

If I become somewhat proficient at computer music this summer, I could possibly help with the development of a theme.
Someone's already on it? Ok ;___;

I was really expecting Silver's voice to be super deep D: