News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

2-D, 3-D, make up your mind Mario! A super Paper Mario review

Started by Triforce_Luigi, September 25, 2007, 07:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triforce_Luigi

Super Paper Mario

Summary:Super Paper Mario is the third installment in the Paper Mario series. It is radically different from the first two, but we'll get into that later.

Plot:The plot of this game is pretty good, compared to the first two. It may be rather hard to understand on the first playthrough. The game is divided into chapters like before. Between chapters, you will read the conversations of two unknown lovers, who become important late in the game. Plot Score=9.5

Graphics: The game uses the familiar paper style that we all know and love. The game looks pretty good, but it's nothing the Gamecube couldn't handle. Graphics Score: 8.5

Sound: The music in this game is pretty much remixed versions of the old music. I don't really look into the sound too much, so this score may be rather wrong. Sound Score: 8.5

Gameplay: Perhaps the worst part, SPM throws away the turn-based battles, replacing them with typical, 2D platforming and jumping on enemies to destroy them. The ability to flip between 2-D and 3-D, which sounds good on paper or in your mind, but in practice, is rather cumbersome. Gameplay Score: 8

Overall Score: 9

So, how was my first review? Please don't flame, I'm an amateur at this.

Macawmoses

You talk about the old version, but don't talk about it ( paradox much? ) So that is a major point. Also the sections were REALLY lacking in detail AND opinion. It is a good start, but you need imprvement.

~MoM~

Triforce_Luigi

Quote from: mackormoses on September 29, 2007, 03:53:31 PM
You talk about the old version, but don't talk about it ( paradox much? ) So that is a major point. Also the sections were REALLY lacking in detail AND opinion. It is a good start, but you need imprvement.

~MoM~

Yeah, I know. But it's a start.

Macawmoses

Quote from: Triforce_Luigi on September 29, 2007, 08:22:05 PM
Quote from: mackormoses on September 29, 2007, 03:53:31 PM

~MoM~

Yeah, I know. But it's a start.

that it is....just keep working at it