News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Your top 10 artists

Started by tibar21, October 26, 2008, 11:52:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indigo

Not quite sure if I could make a Top 10 List Really, but I can list 10 Artists I like

I'll start with some of my favorites, followed by simply listing Artists I like.

1. Gorillaz (Trip Hop)

2. Cunninlynguists (Rap)

3. Coldplay (Mellow Rock)

4. Red Hot Chili Peppers (Rock)

5. Blur (English Rock)

6. Soundgarden (Grunge Like Rock)

7. Asheru & Blue Black (Rap)

8. Porcupine Tree (Mellowish Odd Grunge Like Rock)

9. Kanye West (R&B)

10. A Tribe Called Quest (Old-School Hip Hop)

Some of those may be a bit random, and Kanye is only on there because I listen to him and putting somebody like 2PAc on there would only be what people want me to do when I in fact have seldom ever listened to that much Mainstream Rap, at least enough to make a fair assumption on him. Anyways, I barely have any Artist I listen to enough, and some I've barely listened to.

I am most a Gorillaz and Cunninlynguists fan however. They are Artists, Artists of music.

The list will likely change soon however, as only the top 2 are absolutely favorable at all times really.

For those who don't know, Trip Hop is a mixture of Rap, Alternative, Electronica, On Rare Occasion a small bit of Metal, along with many other Genres. Basically anyways.

Jono2

Gorillaz isn't really trip-hop in the traditional sense, but okay.  (trip-hop in the traditional sense comes from Bristol, is quite slow, and doesn't require rap at all... see Massive Attack & Portishead).

10. King Crimson
9. Cut//Copy
8. Hot Chip
7. The Mars Volta (I don't care that I don't know what the hell any of their songs mean)
6. Pendulum (pre-In Silico)
5. Midnight Juggernauts (yes, even though they only have 1 CD)
4. Daft Punk
3. Massive Attack
2. The Prodigy
1. The Chemical Brothers

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Eizweir

Well, my list now would go something like this.

Sonata Arctica
Buckethead
Sonata Arctica
Joe Satriani
Sonata Arctica
Rise Against
Sonata Arctica
Kamelot
Sonata Arctica
Theocracy
Sonata Arctica

Yeah...
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

Beatnik

That was 11, Xero.

I need to think some more.
"I like cigarettes, Mrs. Taggart. I like to think of fire held in a man's hand. Fire, a dangerous force, tamed at his fingertips. I often wonder about the hours when a man sits alone, watching the smoke of a cigarette, thinking. I wonder what great things have come from such hours. When a man thinks, there is a spot of fire alive in his mind-and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression..."

Lotos

COOL&CREATE        
上海アリス幻樂団     
DJ AnounymOS   
IOSYS        
Kyle Gabler
Guns N' Roses
Velvet Revolver
Metallica
Blue Öyster Cult
Green Day

ThePowerOfOne

New list for me :3

1. Britney Spears
2. Lady GaGa
3. Madonna
4. The Ting Tings
5. Paramore
6. Yelle
7. Billy Idol
8. Disturbed
9. Evanescence
10. Journey

Ron

Quote from: tibar21 on October 26, 2008, 11:52:03 AM
mine in order:
1) Sum 41
2) Bowling For Soup
3) Green Day
4) Blink-182
5) Mxpx
6) Weezer
7) Simple Plan
8) Jimmy Eat World
9) Bad Religion
10) All-American Rejects
I think i love you. D:
I'm a big fan of like every single band you put on your list. :O

1. Sum 41
2. Blink-182
3. Linkin Park
4. +44
5. Avenged Sevenfold
6. Three Days Grace
7. Green Day
8. Sick Puppies
9. The Used
10. Skillet

That was really tough for me. I like wayyy too many others that didn't make this list. D:

Click me ^

Silly_Penguin

1.  Radiohead
2.  Nine Inch Nails
3.  The Mars Volta
4.  Muse
5.  System of a Down
6.  The Smashing Pumpkins
7.  Pink Floyd
8.  Placebo
9.  Tool
10. Black Sabbath

About close enough to being in order, it's so hard to pick just 10 fav bands though..

Beatnik

Quote from: Mystic on December 07, 2008, 08:20:43 PM
Quote from: Beatnik on November 13, 2008, 04:59:31 PM
10. The Wiggles
9. Hillary Duff
8. Miley Cyrus
7. The Cheetah Girls
6. Devo2.0
5. Justin Timberlake
4. Ashlee Simpson
3. Coldplay
2. The Backstreet Boys
1. Napalm Death
I can't tell if you're serious or not...

I thought maybe I was making it too obvious that I was bullpoopting you guys, but I guess not.

Quote from: Ron on March 01, 2009, 09:02:51 PM
Quote from: tibar21 on October 26, 2008, 11:52:03 AM
mine in order:
1) Sum 41
2) Bowling For Soup
3) Green Day
4) Blink-182
5) Mxpx
6) Weezer
7) Simple Plan
8) Jimmy Eat World
9) Bad Religion
10) All-American Rejects
I think i love you. D:
I'm a big fan of like every single band you put on your list. :O

1. Sum 41
2. Blink-182
3. Linkin Park
4. +44
5. Avenged Sevenfold
6. Three Days Grace
7. Green Day
8. Sick Puppies
9. The Used
10. Skillet

That was really tough for me. I like wayyy too many others that didn't make this list. D:

Oh cool, you both like the same garbage! You're just like sisters!

I'll make my list tomorrow.
"I like cigarettes, Mrs. Taggart. I like to think of fire held in a man's hand. Fire, a dangerous force, tamed at his fingertips. I often wonder about the hours when a man sits alone, watching the smoke of a cigarette, thinking. I wonder what great things have come from such hours. When a man thinks, there is a spot of fire alive in his mind-and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression..."

Ron

Oh yeah, you're that death metal guy. D:

Was I talking to you at all? Was there any reason to insult us? Other than the fact that maybe it makes you feel better about your poopty self? Keep it to yourself dangit.

And btw, Tibar, you have Bowling for soup as your 2nd favorite...Interesting story about that.
I started guitar lessons and the week before my first lessons I went in to kinda sign up, and the guy showed me around...and interestingly he told me their bassist was leaving them because he had bigger and better things to do...And so I met him, and didn't think much of it. Until the day of lessons when I told him my favorite band was Sum 41, and he told me their bassist has toured with them before...And i asked really? With what band? And he said Bowling for Soup.
So technically I've met the bassist for Bowling for Soup. xD I'm guessing he's leaving because I've heard they're working on a new album and are probably going to start touring again soon. :O

Click me ^

Beatnik

Quote from: Ron on March 05, 2009, 04:29:50 PM
Oh yeah, you're that death metal guy. D:

Was I talking to you at all? Was there any reason to insult us? Other than the fact that maybe it makes you feel better about your poopty self? Keep it to yourself dangit.

You take me too seriously. I don't hate you or anything, I just hate the music you listen to. I bust on people once an a while. Don't take it personally.

Also, I'm not a death metal guy. If you're going to label me with any genre I'm a black metal guy.

Ron

I only say that because I remember you from the Death Metal topic. I can't say I know many types of metal as that's not really my style. (Other than an occasionaly Dragonforce, but If I'm not mistaken that's power metal).

I remember you being much more stubborn in the last topic, which is why I was defensive. I have no issue with you, I just didn't like the comment you made.
Everyone's entitled to their opinion, afterall.

Click me ^

Red

1.The Beatles
2.Led Zeppelin
3.Jimi Hendrix
4.The Doors
5.Pink Floyd
6.Elton John
7.Chicago
8.Cream
9.Billy Joel
10.Ten Years After

Matt

Quote from: `Matt` on November 25, 2008, 10:03:22 PM
10 is a bit much for me to list at the moment, due to the fact the list changes constantly, depending on what I am listening to at the moment. I'll go with 5 for now...

• 1. The Beatles
  • 2. Chuck Berry
  • 3. AC/DC
  • 4. Led Zeppelin
  • 5. Elvis Presley, Jimi Hendrix & Johnny Cash

Three way tie for number 5 <3

woohoo new list.

1. The Beatles
Elvis Presley
Chuck Berry
AC/DC
Bob Dylan
The Killers
Johnny Cash
Bob Seger
Jimi Hendrix
Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin

More then 10, oh well.

None are in any particular order, except for the Beatles. They'll always be number 1.

Indigo

New list as well. I don't really have 10 "specific" favorite Artists, so I'll pick five I really like a lot. Otherwise it would be way too hard to choose.

In no particular order:

1.)Gorillaz
2.)Red Hot Chili Peppers
3.)Thrice
4.)Muse
5.)The Flaming Lips
6.)Silversun Pickups
7.)CunninLynguists
8.)A Tribe Called Quest
9.)Queens of the Stone Age
10.)Franz Ferdinand

If I could have 11 I probably'd have put Dream Theater or sometin'