News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Are you a Mac or a PC?

Started by Dog Food, November 26, 2010, 08:37:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog Food

I want a new laptop for college, but I'm not sure whether to get a Mac or a PC. I feel like a Mac would be better when it comes to recording and editing software, which is something I'll probably use heavily in college. But Mac's don't run every bit of software and they can be hard to use for people used to PC's. And yes, I've used PC's all of my life.

Which one do you prefer, and why? So far everyone I've asked is pretty split when it comes the two. Some say Mac's are friendly to people who aren't computer-savvy, while others say Mac's are impossible to get used to. Your opinions?

And the obligatory answer to the question, I'm technically a PC. Although my final answer is still pending.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Rayquarian

PC, but I'm pretty computer-savvy, maybe not with extremely technical stuff like, say, MATLAB, but I can figure out how to use things by myself if I really need to.   Plus, I'm a gamer, so...

Matt

I'm a Matt.

SkyMyl

PCs, though not necessarily by choice.

Java

I'm a Mac.
Here come the jokes...

Jhen Mohran

Quote from: Java on November 27, 2010, 01:49:14 PM
I'm a Mac.
Here come the jokes...
Is it true that Macs don't get viruses?

Magnum

Quote from: Marisa on November 27, 2010, 10:02:17 PM
This reminded me of the favorite thing I've ever heard my friend say.

"You see, there is a big difference between Macs and PC, but it also ties them together. See, Macs make viruses for the PC users, and vice-versa. Now this shows through, because only idiots buy Macs, so their viruses suck and can easily be blocked. But when a PC user makes a virus, you can say buy-buy to your Mac."

I always chuckle at this.

BTW, PC user

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Red

PC, easily. You can buy a much more powerful, and more useful PC for a way better price than a Mac. PC's support more programs, and plug-and-play units as well. While Macs are definitely better for editing and everything art related, there are plenty of software options for PC's that essentially do the same thing.

Quote from: Marisa on November 27, 2010, 10:02:17 PM
The reason they don't is because no one makes viruses for Macs (for the most part.) The majority of computer users own PC's. I would guess somewhere from 80% upward own PC's. And that being generous. So why would someone make a virus for Mac, when they know it has a better chance of infecting more computers if they made it for PC? It has nothing to do with Macs being Uber-impenetrable, like Apple wants you to believe.

But to answer your question KJ, I would probably recommend a Mac, because artsy stuff is what it excels in. Plus, with the Mac comes ease of use; everything you need for editing comes pre-installed (to my understanding at least). If you could see yourself doing something other than that, go for the PC.

Silverhawk79

PC, because I actually enjoy playing games.

Doodle

YEAH

So_So_Man

The Seventh

PC...as I have found, for the price, you get far more in terms of specifications.  It's more customizable, and you aren't as limited in terms of software.

I prefer them because of this-more flexibility, comparatively inexpensive (for the performance).
meh

FaWa

Mac, but definitely not by choice.
Did NS2 die? lol

Kayo

PC entirely. Everyone else already covered why.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Homewrecker

compare hardware and price, disregard brand names

win life