News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Legendary Discussion

Started by Macawmoses, April 26, 2011, 06:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JrDude

... Oops, I accidentally combined Palkia and Dialga's typing, without the Dragon part. Remembering this makes me like the idea better about Poseidon being Part Steel.

But reading got me thinking.
I'm not even sure if I like the idea, but with Hades being Pure Dark with Fire Qualities, what if we made the others type+other qualities? (With that idea, it seems like we might as well add a second type to all, but that's not part of the idea)
Zeus can be Fly with Electric qualities. Poseidon can be Water with Ice qualities, but they're still both only the singular type, Fly/Water/Dark.
Or we could do Fly, Dark/Fire, Water/Steel.
Whichever works.

Partial idea for Hades that you gave me, maybe have stitches on the neck. It will look partially sick/dark/evil, and kinda emphasize a part that he was screwed by Zeus (he was tricked and sent to the underworld, which is how he became the God of it), though at the same time it doesn't as it has nothing to do with his head being cut off. But it came to mind when you said Headless Horseman.

And in regards of Order #-wise, I think it should be Poseidon, Hades, Zeus.

And the Vaatix Krono Legenary being the 3rd cover legendary got me thinking too, should we give it a second form? It being related to the horses gave me the idea of Centaur-like Pokémon.
Though, I'm not sure I like this idea either, I'm just throwing it out there. Especially since we don't even know what it would look like in it's first form.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on May 03, 2012, 11:43:30 PM
... Oops, I accidentally combined Palkia and Dialga's typing, without the Dragon part. Remembering this makes me like the idea better about Poseidon being Part Steel.

But reading got me thinking.
I'm not even sure if I like the idea, but with Hades being Pure Dark with Fire Qualities, what if we made the others type+other qualities? (With that idea, it seems like we might as well add a second type to all, but that's not part of the idea)
That's sort of what we're going with. I'm pretty sure everyone agrees on making them all single typed, so I'm assuming they all will be. Obviously they're gonna have other qualities.

QuoteZeus can be Fly with Electric qualities. Poseidon can be Water with Ice qualities, but they're still both only the singular type, Fly/Water/Dark.
Or we could do Fly, Dark/Fire, Water/Steel.
Whichever works.
I thought we were doing Electric/Water/Dark? I probably have this wrong though. But if we were going to make the other two dual-typed, we might as well make Zeus Electric/Flying. I don't really want to do that. I don't know, I think of Electric when I think Zeus moreso than flying. But Flying with Electric qualities... Eh, I know we were thinking of a Pegasus thing (right?) but I'm really feeling pure electric. It's really hard for me to think of it as electric AND Pegasus-like without thinking Electric/Flying.... I hate to say it, but it might be better off to make all three of them dual-typed. I really want to stay away from that idea, though, unless we give them all a common type... which isn't happening.
Zeus is really throwing me off. Does he have to fly?

EDIT: Just realized, Silver-Mon is a Flying type. Let's really not make any of the little trio fly. Silver, mack, and Vaatix can all fly, if you'd like (I'm not opposed to it), but let's stick to the electric aspects of Zeus and make the whole trio grounded.

QuotePartial idea for Hades that you gave me, maybe have stitches on the neck. It will look partially sick/dark/evil, and kinda emphasize a part that he was screwed by Zeus (he was tricked and sent to the underworld, which is how he became the God of it), though at the same time it doesn't as it has nothing to do with his head being cut off. But it came to mind when you said Headless Horseman.
It could work. I'm not quite on designing them aesthetically at the moment because typing and stuff, but I'll definitely remember that.

QuoteAnd in regards of Order #-wise, I think it should be Poseidon, Hades, Zeus.
Strongly disagree. If Hades is gonna be evil, I really think it should be last, as it kind of antagonizes the other two.

QuoteAnd the Vaatix Krono Legenary being the 3rd cover legendary got me thinking too, should we give it a second form? It being related to the horses gave me the idea of Centaur-like Pokémon.
Though, I'm not sure I like this idea either, I'm just throwing it out there. Especially since we don't even know what it would look like in it's first form.
I don't think I like the extra forme idea. Let's stick with one, for now at least. We don't have anything on that Poke yet.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

JrDude

It was a Pegasus from the start, it was never much else. And Zeus is God of the Sky and Thunder, mainly, the sky. But I thought no one wanted another Electric/Fly trio member, since 2 exist already (Zapdos, Thundurus), so I went with Flying. I honestly don't mind taking the Emboar route.

But Grounded, I was thinking only the Hades one would be actually "grounded," as a big idea for the Poseidon one was a Hippocamp, which would replace the back legs with a Mermaid-like-tail, thus making them all stuck somewhere (Though I guess a Pegasus isn't actually stuck in the sky, but you catch my drift).

And thinking more on the order #-wise, Maybe Zeus, Poseidon, Hades (or vice versa)? Hades is technically the oldest of the 3, while Zeus is the youngest (I actually didn't remember this, but happened upon it on Wikipedia and it gave me the idea), so it would make sense in a way.

And on the Edit, Entei was Fire, Ho-Oh was Fire/Fly. Just because they share a type, doesn't mean they share appearance or any real significant similarities, besides a type.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on May 07, 2012, 12:21:13 AM
It was a Pegasus from the start, it was never much else. And Zeus is God of the Sky and Thunder, mainly, the sky. But I thought no one wanted another Electric/Fly trio member, since 2 exist already (Zapdos, Thundurus), so I went with Flying. I honestly don't mind taking the Emboar route.
I'm addressing this at the bottom, after the last thing you said, so bleh.

QuoteBut Grounded, I was thinking only the Hades one would be actually "grounded," as a big idea for the Poseidon one was a Hippocamp, which would replace the back legs with a Mermaid-like-tail, thus making them all stuck somewhere (Though I guess a Pegasus isn't actually stuck in the sky, but you catch my drift).
You want them all stuck somewhere? Why can't they all be free to roam the lands or something? That's the idea I get when I think horses.

QuoteAnd thinking more on the order #-wise, Maybe Zeus, Poseidon, Hades (or vice versa)? Hades is technically the oldest of the 3, while Zeus is the youngest (I actually didn't remember this, but happened upon it on Wikipedia and it gave me the idea), so it would make sense in a way.
This is the exact order I mentioned, if you notice.

QuoteAnd on the Edit, Entei was Fire, Ho-Oh was Fire/Fly. Just because they share a type, doesn't mean they share appearance or any real significant similarities, besides a type.
Yeah, but in this case, both "cover legendaries" are flying; and the idea is that they share the flying type. Lugia and Ho-Oh shared the flying type. None of the trio was Flying. Like, say one of the three muskateers was a Dragon-type? It would be weird, because the cover trio notably shares the Dragon type. It's KNOWN for sharing the Dragon-type. I'm not sure how to word this but:

Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina are respectively Steel/Dragon, Water/Dragon, and Ghost/Dragon. It would be less strange for ONE of the tree minor trio members to be of the Steel type than of the Dragon type.

I used to be open to the idea of Flying/Water/Dark, but at this point since I realized that SilverMon and MackorMon are both flying from what we have so far, we should make this some other type. For the sake of typing and stuff, I'm much more supportive of an Electric-type Zeus horse. We could have Electric, Water, Dark, plus Steel/Flying, Ice/Flying (Mack's Canadian. Canada's cold. I'm spitballing leavemealone) and what, Ghost/Flying? We'd cover a lot more type bases that way, which I'd prefer.

We can still incorporate Pegasus-qualities into a non-legendary in some way, remember. I can't think of how, but remember we have over 120 non-legendary Pokemon to get to.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

JrDude

Woah, what the intercourse ? The Mack Pokémon's type was almost literally never discussed, how you got Flying at all is all you. Last I remember discussing it, we were throwing ideas around, and the only idea I remember is a Moose, due to Canada.
But Flying was never mentioned for the Mack one to my knowledge. We can make him Ice due to Canada as well, but Mack shares little to no qualities with a bird.

An Idea that JUST came to my mind is, because Mack is known to love House and use that as his Avatar and junk (House is the doctor from the show House, I'm sure you know, I'm just clarifying). Maybe he could be one of those dogs (I THINK They're Blood Hounds, but I may just be confusing it with the sniffer dogs) who carry around those little medical things on their collars or whatever. Make it all top-dog-like, have something on it's neck to make it reference that, and make it an part/full Ice type.

And on the Horses being stuck, One Horse roams the GINORMOUS Seas, One Roams the land and underworld, one Roams the skies. Sounds interesting in my head.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on May 12, 2012, 01:51:26 AM
Woah, what the intercourse ? The Mack Pokémon's type was almost literally never discussed, how you got Flying at all is all you. Last I remember discussing it, we were throwing ideas around, and the only idea I remember is a Moose, due to Canada.
But Flying was never mentioned for the Mack one to my knowledge. We can make him Ice due to Canada as well, but Mack shares little to no qualities with a bird.
It was a long time ago, some idea was floating around to make them both fly. But whatever.

QuoteAn Idea that JUST came to my mind is, because Mack is known to love House and use that as his Avatar and junk (House is the doctor from the show House, I'm sure you know, I'm just clarifying). Maybe he could be one of those dogs (I THINK They're Blood Hounds, but I may just be confusing it with the sniffer dogs) who carry around those little medical things on their collars or whatever. Make it all top-dog-like, have something on it's neck to make it reference that, and make it an part/full Ice type.
Doesn't seem like we can make an eye-popping gargantuan legendary out of a dog. These two have to be big, remember? If we wanna make subtle nods to a doctor-type thing, like decorate it with one or two red crosses or something, that would work. Pure Ice-type is gross; it's a god-awful type and we should give it a second type. I'm almost supportive of having the two of them share a Steel type, like be Steel/Flying and Steel/Ice, because every time the cover legendaries have been dual-typed, they've always shared a type. Steel would be a good partner to ice, especially because (if I remember right) we've yet to see a Pokemon with that type combination, and only one Pokemon has the Steel/Flying combo.

How does everyone feel about Steel/Flying for Silver and Steel/Ice for Mack?

QuoteAnd on the Horses being stuck, One Horse roams the GINORMOUS Seas, One Roams the land and underworld, one Roams the skies. Sounds interesting in my head.
If we made Silver and Mack Steel/Flying and Steel/Ice, I'd be more than happy about the horses being Flying, Water, and Dark.

So, just a recap, since I think we've reached a nice conclusion here, and not too many people are contributing, is ANYONE opposed to this type layout?

#???(PegasusMon)Flying
#???(PoseiMon)Water
#???(HadesMon)Dark
#???(SilverMon)FlyingSteel
#???(MackorMon)IceSteel

I put Silver's Flying type first, so the shared type can be second, according to tradition. We've never had a dual-typed Pokemon have Flying as its primary type, so this will be new and interesting.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

Like I said you already ruined it. What happened to the Persephone?

JrDude

Steel Ice doesn't bother me. Though, you're basing it off of most of the games, Ruby/Saphire Pokémon had 100% different types on the cover legendaries. It wouldn't bother me at all if it were Ice, Ice/Steel, or even Ice/Electric (Actually, that seems pretty cool, but it was just a random type that came to mind to signify that I don't care much about the typing)

And if you mean the 4th horse Rob, we got rid of it. Trio is good enough. The reason behind adding a 4th Horse was stupid enough to get rid of the idea all together. Wanna understand better? Look back in the thread.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: The Riddler on May 12, 2012, 05:26:38 PM
Like I said you already ruined it. What happened to the Persephone?
What are you talking about? Don't remember anything of that nature ever being discussed.
[move][/move]

JrDude

Can
I
Please
Have
A
Drawing
Of
SOMETHING?
Hippocamp, draw a blue hippocamp, have a yellow-ended tail with 3 prongs, to make it look like a Trident, but still a fin at the same time.
Pegasus, draw a white pegasus. Idea for feet: Add some cloud-looking fur around them? idea for legs: Put yellow thunder bolts on them. If not there, somewhere.
Hadeshorse, draw a black  horse. Add stitches to the neck if you desire. Give it blood red hair and demonic red eyes. Maybe bone-like qualities to reference god of the Dead.

Just draw please.
[move][/move]
Dude .