News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

New Pokemon Discussion

Started by Macawmoses, April 26, 2011, 06:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mona

Quote from: Kayo on April 20, 2012, 04:04:38 PM
Anyway, someone mentioned back there that we should do a woodpecker for a generic bird.

I really like that idea.

So if no one's against it, I'm gonna get to work on it.

How many evolutionary stages, though? Two (Like Taillow and Hoothoot) or three (Like Pidgey, Starly, and Pidove)?

I'd say two.
The first one should have a red patch on it's head while the second form has a full red crest.

JrDude

My idea was:
Humming bird to start. Woodpecker evo.
Seems enough to me.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Zero

Three could work.

Could start out as a Red-Bellied woodpecker. Evolve into a Red-headed woodpecker. And then finally into a huge Red-Crested woodpecker.

The Riddler

I imagine a woodpecker pokemon as as Flying/Rock type, with a stone beak.

Zero

Quote from: The Riddler on April 21, 2012, 03:17:35 PM

Yeah I like this. Maybe the beak could be made out of crystal or something.

DededeCloneChris

Now you're thinking about a cockatrice.

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 21, 2012, 12:08:43 AM
My idea was:
Humming bird to start. Woodpecker evo.
Seems enough to me.
Oh, right, this. Hummingbird and Woodpecker have a similar beak shape and purpose, it makes perfect sense for an evolution. Especially if the second and third stages had the drilling power of a woodpecker with the spectacular wing-flapping speed of a hummingbird. That's just scary. In a good way.

Maybe that could work with a three-stage line, mixing your idea with Mona's (using hers for the 2nd and 3rd stages) and sprinkling Zero's on top. Whichever way we do that, the final form being some kind of red-crested thing seems like a great idea.

I'm... really not seeing this. At all. I can't get a Rock/Flying type bird in my head without the entire body being made of rock. If it had a stone beak, that really wouldn't open it up to anything related to the rock-type that has existed so far in Pokemon. The beak wouldn't allow it to use Rock Throw, Rock Slide, or anything of that nature. Sorry, but... no.

However, Drill Peck just seems to be a given move for this woodpecker thing, and I have not been able to get the idea out of my head of a woodpecker using Drill Peck. Moves aren't anything we're going to work on, most likely, for this project. But man, it's obvious.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

I know this poop is dead because kockmongler ruined it but me and my girlfriend were talking about what should be pokemon, and we came up with some concepts.

Electric/Fire Type Cheetah - Speed through the roof, mixed attacker, poor defense.

Not sure on the type for this next idea, but the inspiration was Electric/Rock, and it was "The Musician Pokemon", which can evolve with a Metal coat to "Electric/Steel" - Like other pokemon who always carry an item, this one has an instrument. Rock/Steel(metal) are there for the pun.

Zero

I like that last idea. But would like to see more than just Metal used.

Ghost for Soul music
Grass for Folk music
Ground for Tribal music
Dark for Goth music
Psychic for Electronica music
Water for Jazz music
Fighting for Rap music
Fire for Punk music
Dragon for Folk Metal. Yes.

etc. etc.

The Riddler

Quote from: Z on October 26, 2012, 01:32:55 PM
I like that last idea. But would like to see more than just Metal used.

Ghost for Soul music
Grass for Folk music
Ground for Tribal music
Dark for Goth music
Psychic for Electronica music
Water for Jazz music
Fighting for Rap music
Fire for Punk music
Dragon for Folk Metal. Yes.

etc. etc.
too many variants

Zero

The Riddler

Maybe it could be like arceus/rotom where it's typing depends on it's held item/where you choose it's forme

instead of multiple evolutions

Zero

Quote from: The Riddler on October 26, 2012, 06:53:27 PM
Maybe it could be like arceus/rotom where it's typing depends on it's held item/where you choose it's forme

instead of multiple evolutions

Yeah that'd be better.

I'd like more soundbased attacks too so it could use them.

The Riddler

what creature should it be though

(Name), the Musician Pokemon - Fascinated by human music, this POKEMON builds and carries around a guitar and tries to mimic it.

(Name), the Alternative Pokemon - With an extended knowledge of human music, this POKEMON sometimes experiments with a variety of different sounds with it's guitar.

-

Electric/Rock Pokemon evolves into Electric/Rock Pokemon, who's form changes depending on what item it holds. I'd limit it to just a few though: Punk, Metal, Soul.

JrDude

Cisum
Type: Electric.
Species based off of: Monkey
Super loud Pokémon with an interest in Music. Can manipulate items it holds to create music.

Evolve with Some Rock type item.
Electrick/Rock
Plays Rock Music. Holds Electirc Guitar

Steel type item
Electric/Steel
Plays Heavy Metal. Holds Bass.

Normal Type Item.
Normal
Plays something... IDK, but holds Acoustic Guitar.
Also has some advantages since it loses it's electric type, but IDK what.

And I thought a basic monkey can be the regular, and the evolutions can be all different types of monkeys. Like, maybe Normal can have an orangutan, and metal have a baboon? (I have no relations, just providing examples as to what I mean)
[move][/move]
Dude .