News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Heart Gold + Soul Silver

Started by Gwen Khan, May 03, 2009, 08:36:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwen Khan

Quote from: chaosgear on May 07, 2009, 07:46:40 PM
lol heart gold and spirit silver! thats about as tacky as you can get. the symbols are cool, though.
what's next? passion pink and vengence voilet?

translated tentative names?

bluaki

Quote from: Tom Servo on May 07, 2009, 07:49:54 PM
translated tentative names?
In Japan, many things use English words. Literally, Gold's new title is read, from Japanese symbols, as approximately "harto gordo" which is an obvious imitation of the English words Heart Gold. Silver's reads out to Soul Silver. In addition, notice that the image is linked from pokemon.co.jp. It's official, not tentative.

GreatGonzales106

Quote from: Bluaki on May 07, 2009, 08:07:45 PM
In Japan, many things use English words. Literally, Gold's new title is read, from Japanese symbols, as approximately "harto gordo" which is an obvious imitation of the English words Heart Gold. Silver's reads out to Soul Silver. In addition, notice that the image is linked from pokemon.co.jp. It's official, not tentative.
I think he's saying that the name may be changed in the translating process to sound better in English.

Friendly Hostile

bluaki

Quote from: GreatGonzales106 on May 07, 2009, 08:11:24 PM
I think he's saying that the name may be changed in the translating process to sound better in English.
Sound better in English?
They're already English words, so I don't know what would make it sound better. If you mean less corny or whatever, consider that it's probably equally such in Japan.

ThePowerOfOne

I literally just fell backwards out of my chair and a screamed "FINALLY!" as loud as I could when I read this thread.

Titus Andronicus

Tramps like us, baby we were born to die.

Gwen Khan

Quote from: GreatGonzales106 on May 07, 2009, 08:11:24 PM

that was what I was saying

chaosgear

lol hey, did you know that Vaporeon, jolteon, and flareon are named "showers," "thunders," and "boosters" in Japanese? lol

Gwen Khan

Quote from: chaosgear on May 08, 2009, 04:53:13 AM
lol hey, did you know that Vaporeon, jolteon, and flareon are named "showers," "thunders," and "boosters" in Japanese? lol

ok, but what does that have to do with anything?

Neerb

Quote from: Tom Servo on May 08, 2009, 07:18:41 AM
ok, but what does that have to do with anything?

I think he's just thinking about other japanese translations... not that that's really on the main topic.

Anyway, is there anyone here who could fully translate that page?

bluaki

Quote from: SmashBro25 on May 08, 2009, 02:13:44 PM
I think he's just thinking about other japanese translations... not that that's really on the main topic.

Anyway, is there anyone here who could fully translate that page?
From what I can read, it's nothing important anyways.
It mentions something about it having been a decade since the G/S games were released in 1999, that the console is Nintendo DS, produced by Game Freak, RPG genre, Japanese release date is Autumn 2009, etc.

ThePowerOfOne

Quote from: chaosgear on May 08, 2009, 04:53:13 AM
*Goes to re-name Pokemon*

えっちーせんぱい

Wheeeeee~ Took Nintendo long enough.

"by the way, this game we haven't told you about yet until now will be released in one week" - lol Bluaki

phatyo

Quote from: Macbeth on May 04, 2009, 10:23:35 PM
I don't think Ka-Ching has as much to do with it. I honestly don't believe it is a remake, as this soon after a major release means less cash.
>_> The only reason Pokemon was Invited was for Ka-CHING!!!!
Money, Cloths , Cars and Hoes?