News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

Sunny Day Team Suggestions?

Started by Qsmash, December 24, 2009, 07:07:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qsmash

I need 3 more pokemon for my Sunny Day team, and I was wondering if any of you guys had any ideas. The three I have currently on my team are: Typhlosion, Venusaur, and Rotom(Heat).

Kayo

Try a Castform, with this set:

Castform @Choice Specs/Scarf

Weather Ball
Solarbeam
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt

Nature: Modest/Timid
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Spd., 4 HP.

I use a Sunnyform with this set and it works great, as long as you can keep it Sunny while Castform is out. It uses Weather Ball (If sunny, 100 power, x1.5 for it being sunny, and x1.5 for STAB, for a total of 225 power) along with Solarbeam for some nice Sun abuse, and then the amazing BoltBeam combo works to its full potential no matter what the weather is.

Choice items, obviously due to the 4 atacking moves of this set and to amplify Castform's rather mediocre Sp.Atk or Speed.

If you need a good wall, try this, I use one on my weather team:

Bronzong @Leftovers/Heat Rock

Sunny Day
Gyro Ball
Explosion
Hypnosis/Earthquake/whatever floats your boat

Nature: Impish/Careful
Ability: Heatproof
EVs: 252 Def, 252 SD, 4 atk

I use this for anytime i need to bring Sunny back. Note the ability, heatproof, so it isn't melted by opposing fire moves, amplified by Sunny Day. Also, most people won't attack a bronzong with Ground-type attacks because they would assume Levitate is present, so this is a good way to fool them. Gyro Ball is so Bronzong can attack, and Explosion is for if you're finished with him. Earthquake could be there to damage opposing fire types who want to try to attack bronzong with Sunny-boosted Flamethrowers, etc., but you could also use Hypnosis, or any other move you think would fit.

As for the last one, i'll need a closer look at your team to find something that would be useful, perhaps some more coverage you are lacking with your 5 others, namely a good fighting-type.

Hope this helps :)
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

jnfs2014

There's a reason why Castform's NU.

70 Base Stats. EVERYTHING. Unless you have speed boosts, it gets OHKO'd by EVERYTHING. So you should NOT get Castform unless you are doing a NU Team.

Kayo

*pokes Typhlosion and Venusaur*

Obviously he's not using this competitively on Wi-Fi, so I don't think Castform would be a problem. And yes, 70 Base stats, which is why I suggested Timid/Choice Scarf. That puts its Speed at around 400 IIRC, enough to outrun most of NU/UU, but of course there's Elecrode, as well as other CS users, but none pose a threat to Castform that cant be nullified by switching out. Which is why we have Venusaur and Bronzong, to absorb a bunch of attacks aimed at poor little Castform.

And no, it does not get OHKOd by EVERYTHING, just the things that actually TRY to kill it. And what's wrong with that? Look at Sharpedo. I don't see it surving a single attack except for maybe an un-STABed Pursuit, maybe. But it's still good.

Castform would get blasted in BL or OU, but seeing as theres the aforementioned Venusaur and Typhlosion on this team, it probably won't ever set foot in OU play.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

jnfs2014

Qsmash

He's right, and Typhlosion and Venusaur actually hold their own pretty well.

Macawmoses

So far I don't see anyone there to set up Sunny Day purely.

I highly recommend grabbing a heat rock and slapping it on Claydol. You are going to get use of Levitate. However, I can see speed being an issue, so as long as you can get it in to set up SD and Stealth Rocks, I wouldn't expect too much more form it. You might do well to throw Toxic on there as a utility move, and a screen or explosion to make it a little more useful.

Also, I know this will be clichéd, but unless you are doing UU, which you aren't based on Rotom, make use of Infernape. The biggest reason I say this is Stealth Rocks - which he takes less damage to. It's also a little more balanced on Atk/SpA then Typh, which you would put more weight in moves like Flamethrower.

And looking at OU, a big threat to you thus far would be Heatran...who thus far would eat you up and spit you out. I can see an Aqua Tail TTar doing the same - bringing sand in with it. You also need to worry about things you have - like Rotom-H. The answer to all three of those, imo, is one of my favourites in comp. play - Dugtrio. Set him up with Sucker Punch, Aerial Ace, Stone Edge, and EQ...and you have a brawler.

Yeah...just a few ideas.

Kayo

If you are playing competitively, you'll have to get rid of venusaur and typhlosion. they are walled by heatran, who loves to switch in to fire moves. Unless, of course, one of those two have earthquake.
[move][/move]

Qsmash

I think Mack's my favorite here. I sorta gave up on getting a Claydol a while ago. Mostly because I can't get the right nature to save my life. The Infernape would be interesting for me because I hate the bastard. So far that's two pogeies. Should I get a water type just in case?

Macawmoses

Quote from: Qsmash on December 24, 2009, 06:30:04 PM
I think Mack's my favorite here. I sorta gave up on getting a Claydol a while ago. Mostly because I can't get the right nature to save my life. The Infernape would be interesting for me because I hate the bastard. So far that's two pogeies. Should I get a water type just in case?
A possible replacement for Claydol is Azelf (eww OU).
You still have the setup of Stealth Rocks and Sunny Day, gain speed, etc. You do lose that unpredictable nature, imo, as Azelf is done to death. And at that point, your options narrow to a U-turn and then filling in with something along the lines of Flamethrower, etc. In reality, this is likely a better alternative, as I forgot it has levitate as well.

And I am not sure what Waters you would consider. There is always room for a Starmie in OU. And you don't even need to use water type moves (even though that narrows Stab). Starmie is versatile enough to have other options, though, such as Rapid Spin, Tbolt, Psychic, Ice Beam, Recover, Reflect, and the like. All without worry of Sunny Day raining on your parade.

That said, you need another SD summon. If we are sticking to largely OU picks, I can't think of anyone better to do some damage then Zapdos. This gives you Sunny Day to use in addition with Heat Wave, Drill Peck to do some flying damage (or Roost to recover), U-Turn if you see Psychics as an issue or want to scout, Tbolt as STAB, Agility to get some sweeping done, etc. The possibilities are limitless.

This does, however, mean you are going to have issues with something like Flygon...as so far you are unable to hit them really at all (unless Starmie has Ice Beam, or Zappy has HP Ice). Keeping in mind I am only offering one by one suggestions...not a whole team. I also imagine Ttar still having some fun, which is concerning me due to its prevalence.

Qsmash

Yeah, Azelf's are everywhere. I like your Starmie idea though. If my Zapdos was any good, I'd try that. Having only one pokemon with Sunny Day and Heat Rock won't take me as far.

Kayo

*cough* i do have another calm shiny claydol  *cough*

but, yeah. i would drop typhlosion for a Mixed infernape, and i would drop Vsaur for the sake of OU. As for your SD wall, Claydol and Bronzong work almost identically. Main differences being resistances, and the fact that BZong has acces to Heatproof and Hypnosis. But if you want Stealth Rock, (defenitely if youre doing OU) you could even put both in, idklol.

I dont see any SR weaknesses among Claydol/VSaur/Infernape/Bronzong/Dugtrio, but if you are adding a Starmie (i recommend it due to water type and strong Sp.Atk/ coverage on the Special side of the board, although SD poses problems to it) you may wanna give it Rapid Spin, because no one else on your team can do it. Starmie isn't too fragile, with good IVs its defenses get a little over 200, but you probably need a better Spinner. Can Claydol learn it? idr..

So, yeah. again. :P

would add more but im tired. give comments
[move][/move]

Qsmash

Kayo

o really?

but what if i said it's not free? :U
[move][/move]

Qsmash