News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

What ever happened to the Gold and Silver remakes?

Started by Transient Link, November 10, 2007, 09:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Transient Link

they were supposed to make remakes like fire red and leaf green.....What happened?

Gwen Khan

neither Nintendo or Game Freak has said NOTHING about remakes, it was only rumors that a remake was being made

Kayo

OK, the reasons WHY they arent making gold and silver remakes:

1. why would they? they put ALL the johto pokemon into pokemon colosseum, ALL excapt for ho-oh and lugia. Ho-Oh was available at the end of the game, however. they put Lugia in XD.

2. even if you werent a gamecube player, they scattered the pokemon around firered and leafgreen's sevii islands, and emerald's safari zone addition. the starters were available after you complete the hoenn dex.

3. all that remains is lugia and Ho-Oh. So, an event came out a few years ago that allows people to go to navel rock, an island with both lugia and ho-oh on it.

4. you know how common groudon is? you know how rare and super awesome ho-oh is? well, the bottom line is, if they made a G/S/C remake, these pokemon would be extremely common, as well as all the johto pokemon.

5. Basically, they already took care of he only reason we would need it, the pokemon.

I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

ThePowerOfOne

I never heard anything about them making a remake, but that would be nice. I don't know why they made Red and Blue remakes instead, Red and Blue weren't even that fun IMO.

Firemonkeyman13

even though they made the G/S/C pokemon in collueseum and other things doesn't mean they shouldn't make a new one. I really wish they would make a new one but chances are slim.... because i would think that they woulda made it before Diamond and Pearl :(

7Deadly$ins

Kaos, all of your reasons are valid.

However, all of those reasons are forgetting one thing -- it's not about rarity of Pokémon, or anything like that. Sure, collecting is a big part of it, but the bigger part is the actaul gameplay.

People want to play GSC in a remade form. People would BUY a remake of GSC. Despite those reasons, there's still reason to warrant a remake.

To me, at least.
http://z6.invisionfree.com/BatenKaitos

The biggest Baten Kaitos forum in existence; join today~!

Kayo

Quote from: 7Deadly$ins on November 14, 2007, 09:07:06 AM
Kaos, all of your reasons are valid.

However, all of those reasons are forgetting one thing -- it's not about rarity of Pokémon, or anything like that. Sure, collecting is a big part of it, but the bigger part is the actaul gameplay.

People want to play GSC in a remade form. People would BUY a remake of GSC. Despite those reasons, there's still reason to warrant a remake.

To me, at least.
i never said i dont want one. no. i like the storyline. but i want to keep it like the GSC pokemon are a rare thing... :(

...but i think theyre making one for DS. they made a RBY one after the 3rd gen (R/S) so i think they'll make a GSC one after the 4th gen (D/P). it will have the same graphics as D/P. and it will come out a year or so before "opal version" if theyre making something like that.

theyll repeat what they did with the GBA games and RBY.

...IF they do make one ;)
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

7Deadly$ins

I'm personally beginning to lose hope... IF it followed the last generation's pattern, a GSC remake would be out next year.

Kayo

Quote from: 7Deadly$ins on November 14, 2007, 03:16:20 PM
I'm personally beginning to lose hope... IF it followed the last generation's pattern, a GSC remake would be out next year.
exactly!
[move][/move]

7Deadly$ins

This doesn't mean that I don't think there's still, I guess you could say, a need for them.

Mario64

I remember about a year ago that Nintindo made a Gold and Silver Handbook, but not a new game... :-\

Nine 1 One

I still have my silver version but the save feature isnt working  :'(