News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

What are you hoping for in Super Mario Galaxy?

Started by BlueLink16, September 27, 2007, 06:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueLink16

Okay, yeah, I'm desperate to get some discussion going on because this board is pretty much dead at the moment...

But all I want is awesome gameplay, and lots of levels to run around in and waste time.

I just hope they don't butcher the controls and make it more difficult than it needs ot be. x_x

Retronerd

I'm hoping it isn't a game you beat in like 5 hours. I hope it takes like 30+ hours to beat. And 100% really long. And the classic Mario feel most of all. And the stars in hard places. Meaning a lot of skill, practise and luck to get them.

Nine 1 One

BlueLink16

Quote from: Retronerd on September 27, 2007, 07:08:36 PM
I'm hoping it isn't a game you beat in like 5 hours. I hope it takes like 30+ hours to beat. And 100% really long. And the classic Mario feel most of all. And the stars in hard places. Meaning a lot of skill, practise and luck to get them.
Yeah, we better not get anything like the crap from SM64 DS where you hit a switch and you have to race to the spot where the star is before the timer runs out..>_>

C7_

Awesome post, right there.

Retronerd

Quote from: C7_ on September 27, 2007, 07:16:47 PM
Awesome post, right there.

Uh.. thanks

Chain Chompesque

A lot of content--Things like hidden pipes, niches full of goodies, and so on that you only find on your second + playthrough. I love games with all that kind of stuff. Maybe a harder difficulty with more enemies and harder platforming elements as well, but mainly the first thing.
To be seen, stand up. To be heard, speak up. To be appreciated, shut up.
Also, you can't spell slaughter without laughter!

Join the Mushroom Kingdom wars!

Join the Pikmin wars!

Dumple Land! <-Click this one.
Labor! I said labor, dang it!
Time for transport!

JOSEGRANADOS95

well the game will have 120 stars so it would take like 40 hours, sm sunshine and sm64 had 120 stars too, so i think it will take a long time to beat

one thing i dont want is the stupid crap of collecting 8 red coins. it gets very annoying sometimes
Why didn't Mario cross the road?

Because he used a warp pipe instead :P

Chain Chompesque

Quote from: JOSEGRANADOS95 on September 28, 2007, 06:32:05 PM

well the game will have 120 stars so it would take like 40 hours, sm sunshine and sm64 had 120 stars too, so i think it will take a long time to beat

one thing i dont want is the stupid crap of collecting 8 red coins. it gets very annoying sometimes
Heck, I liked the 8-red coins levels.
To be seen, stand up. To be heard, speak up. To be appreciated, shut up.
Also, you can't spell slaughter without laughter!

Join the Mushroom Kingdom wars!

Join the Pikmin wars!

Dumple Land! <-Click this one.
Labor! I said labor, dang it!
Time for transport!

bluej33

I just want simple, fun controls, and tons of varied levels, like Super Mario 64 had. Oh, and good graphics would be nice too, but from the screenshots, I'd hazard a guess that those are pretty much a shoe in...;).

STUMPY5389

I hope they bring back the tanooki suit or the hammer bros. suit from SMB3 those were my favorite.  And with all these new suits and the rumor of the fire flower making a return why not?

DRYBONESROKS

something that could live up to mario 64 but the only bit of information i have a the moment is its going to be the best game ever