News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

Do people buy friends?

Started by L10, March 20, 2010, 05:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

L10

So today my friend came over, and he gave me his iTouch. Well, he did get an iPhone which makes his iTouch useless but still. The first time he came over he gave me a knife of his too.

And he isn't the first of my friend's to give me things for free. Many years ago I have a friend that would constantly give me free things.

I wonder if they're trying to "buy" me as their friend =/

Anyone else have friends that do this?
0o!f

Dr.Hobo2

I wish I had friends that would give each other free stuff.

Seriously, one time one of my friends some how ended up with two copies of MW2. Another friend wanted it and we all agreed that he should get it because he tends not to have enough money to get games. You know what friend #1 does with it? He sells it the next day. =/

The Riddler

Thinking way to into it. They're just being cool friends.

Kilroy

Quote from: Caveman on March 20, 2010, 05:44:05 PM
Thinking way to into it. They're just being cool friends.
I know the kid too, I could see him doing it, honestly.
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

Thirdkoopa

Well it depends really; You seem to be thinking far too much into it. I mean there's other factors you have to consider with friends that buy you over. What do they do to hang out with you? How much do you share with them in common? etc etc.

In any case I only have one rich friend but for being an ADHD Pervert he's actually quite normal from that expectation peak point. The only friend who I have who gives me free stuff is mostly gaming and it's because he never has time to play through a lot again so they're just lying around + He's pretty much one of my best friends.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Dog Food

I thought this was going to be a thread about Craigslist or something.

But anyway, yeah people probably do "buy" friends. On Craigslist and the way you are saying. But I don't think your friend is. He seemed like he was just being cool. He didn't need the iTouch, so he gave it to a friend. I did that with my old iTouch when I got a new one. I wasn't trying to "buy" her or anything.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

BOREDFOREVER

Quote from: L10 on March 20, 2010, 05:07:17 PM
So today my friend came over, and he gave me his iTouch. Well, he did get an iPhone which makes his iTouch useless but still. The first time he came over he gave me a knife of his too.

And he isn't the first of my friend's to give me things for free. Many years ago I have a friend that would constantly give me free things.

I wonder if they're trying to "buy" me as their friend =/

Anyone else have friends that do this?

To be honest, I wouldn't say your overthinking it.  I think your being a little full of yourself.  Now, I'm not attacking you out of hand.  Just answer a few things:

Are you the most awesome/popular kid in school. i.e. The Fonze or Regina in MeanGirls?

Do you hold a public office that could affect special interest groups, and are your friends lobbyist?

Are you a Don with a daughter soon getting married?

Are you a bully, and are the people giving you things afriad for their safety?

If the answer is no, then you might try to figure out why anyone would want to buy your friendship.  Most people make friends because the enjoy the company of the other, and purchasing that isn't really friendship.  That's business.  Or prostitution.

If I were you, I would just be appreceative that you have a firned who wanted to give you something, who liked you enough to do so.  And I wouldn't mention that you think he's trying to buy your friendship, or you might find yourself out a friend.

Allegretto

Yep, I buy friends. I'm rich so I spend alot of money on people so I can hang out with them. Why? Well lets face it who would want to hang out with me without some kind of perk.

One time, I spent over 150$ on a friends birthday, and when it was mine and I asked him for a copy of his Legend of Zelda he yelled at me and said next time I see you I may just punch you in the face.

Yep.

Zero

Quote from: Natsu on March 21, 2010, 12:39:45 PM
Yep, I buy friends. I'm rich so I spend alot of money on people so I can hang out with them. Why? Well lets face it who would want to hang out with me without some kind of perk.

One time, I spent over 150$ on a friends birthday, and when it was mine and I asked him for a copy of his Legend of Zelda he yelled at me and said next time I see you I may just punch you in the face.

Yep.

Not to offend, but that's really, really pitiful. That guy's a prick to boot.

PsychoYoshi

My definition of "friend" is probably what someone else would define as a BFF; a non-romantic relationship with someone whom I'm reasonably sure knows what kind of person I truly feel that I am, of which I have two. TVtropes would probably define it as Nakama. If we go out for dinner or order pizza, we split 50/50. Aside from some small presents, notes, or cards for birthdays or graduation, I don't give them gifts, and I don't expect them to, either. Material possessions are poor representations of close friendship.

I usually label people that I don't totally trust, but generally get along or hang out with as "acquaintances".