News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

3D Pokedex

Started by Neerb, June 01, 2011, 11:05:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex3d/

Probably the best Pokemon-related game download yet; next Monday, when the eShop is released for 3DS, you'll be able to download a free Pokedex onto your 3DS. It has 3D pics of Pokemon, complete with USEFUL information (unlike the in-game dex) such as level-up movesets. Even better, all Pokemon can use AR, so you can take pics of you holding Oshawott and stuff like that.

You'll start with only a couple Pokemon, though; in order to get more, you'll have to use QR codes, download via SpotPass, or use StreetPass to get them from other people.

Kayo

...I think I want a 3DS now.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

I want to see the day where I can check all Pokemon.

Nayrman

FruitFlow

That seems interesting.
But that whole "Do this to unlock others" gimmick seems weird.
I don't know why. It just does to me.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Neerb

Quote from: FruitFlow on June 01, 2011, 05:52:23 PM
That seems interesting.
But that whole "Do this to unlock others" gimmick seems weird.
I don't know why. It just does to me.

It's like a real dex: you gotta catch em all.

Nayrman

Hm. I only seem to understand the street pass stuff. Could someone explain the other options?

Neerb

Quote from: Nayrman on June 01, 2011, 06:58:56 PM
Hm. I only seem to understand the street pass stuff. Could someone explain the other options?

"Spotpass" is Streetpass, only with Wi-Fi spots instead of people. So, when the store finally gets here, if you allow "Spotpass," your 3DS will automatically download stuff when at an accessible Wi-Fi spot, whether it's on or in sleep mode. Actually, it's very similar to WiiConnect24, with you getting updates and stuff.

QR codes are these:

They're basically on EVERYTHING and have near infinitesimal purposes, as various devices are able to scan them to do various things. The 3DS can already scan them in Mii Maker in order to generate a Mii based on the code, and now you'll be able to get dex info when you scan it with the Pokedex. HOWEVER, a code must be CREATED for the specific purpose of being scanned by a specific device, so don't go scanning cake mix boxes trying to find Miis and Pokemon. I'm sure Nintendo will release Pokedex codes as time goes on.

Nayrman

I've never noticed those before. Guess I'll have to take a look on some things.

Neerb

Er, sorry, I spoke incorrectly; they aren't actually on EVERYTHING, they're just on ANYTHING. Various products may have QR codes on them for any variety of purposes, however, that doesn't mean that every company uses them.

If anyone wants to test it out:

This is my Mii, saved as a QR code. Go to your 3DS Mii Maker, select the QR option, take the picture, and watch as I appear on your 3DS!

FruitFlow

Quote from: Neerb on June 01, 2011, 06:52:33 PM
It's like a real dex: you gotta catch em all.
A real like Dex sounds interesting though, so i'll likely pick this out once I get a 3DS.
It seems like something that could keep you busy during extreme boredom.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Nayrman

So, I take it QR codes have certain things kind of locked into them? If that's the case since you get a few starter ones, if they're random I bet a full dex will be online in no time.

DededeCloneChris

May I ask where did you get this?

Neerb

Quote from: MooglePlayerChris on June 07, 2011, 09:09:57 PM
May I ask where did you get this?

Internet.

Anyway, I've figured out what these AR codes do: they don't give you Pokemon.

Rather, these codes have two purposes:
1. They act as AR cards, as in, print one out and you can use it like an AR Card and look at Pokemon stand on them.
2. Scanning one increases the chances of finding that Pokemon on SpotPass. SpotPass is where you use the Pokedex at a Wi-Fi spot, close it, open it back up, and voila, a new Pokemon; however, it can only be done 3 times a day.

Now, because of this, scanning ALL the codes at once, like I did, is completely pointless, as then you negate the ability to increase your chances of finding one. So, instead, only scan the ones for the specific Pokemon that you want; you can find all of them with the specific Pokemon they relate to on Serebii.

FruitFlow

That sounds challenging.
Nintendo sure loves to slap on the "time limit" gimmick on anything Pokemon related.