News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

OK, in a few hours, I'll be in my first human match in a year...

Started by Zora Link, January 12, 2008, 10:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zora Link

as in I haven't faced another human since a year ago. :P
Any things you can tell me, help me with before I do this? I'll be using pikachu of course,
my opponent will most likely be using Samus and Peach. Of course that's what he used a year ago...who knows who he uses now...
I might be able to get a few recorded matches from it because he has a video camera, it depends on if he's feeling nice today.
So, what do you have for me?

Zora Link

Dawei

Triple post bad.

Anyway, if you haven't played yet, try not to get to close to Peach without L-canceling, because of her D-smash. It's a ninny and can easily rack up a ton of damage. Can't say much about Samus though.
Yeah, I'm not very helpful right now. I haven't played against either in a while. Hell, I haven't played smash in awhile against real people. Stupid Halo....

Water ☮

hmm... I'm sorry but i doubt any of us have been in this kind of situation before. I'd say try your best and play him as much as you can until you can get used to playing a human again(computers can't compare).

Zora Link

Quote from: Dawei on January 12, 2008, 11:02:15 AM
Triple post bad.

Anyway, if you haven't played yet, try not to get to close to Peach without L-canceling, because of her D-smash. It's a b*** and can easily rack up a ton of damage. Can't say much about Samus though.
Yeah, I'm not very helpful right now. I haven't played against either in a while. Hell, I haven't played smash in awhile against real people. Stupid Halo....
sorry.

I'm really not that good at L-canceling, but wich one is that? is that overB? you need to tell me by controlls so I know which move your talking about.
And would it be helpful if you had a video of me playing against him? It would have to wait for a little bit, because we'd still have to make it, then he'd have to upload it.

Quote from: WaterGod on January 12, 2008, 11:03:11 AM
hmm... I'm sorry but i doubt any of us have been in this kind of situation before. I'd say try your best and play him as much as you can until you can get used to playing a human again(computers can't compare).
meh, guess you got a point...shoulda thought about that before posting this...

Dawei

Quote from: Zora Link on January 12, 2008, 11:12:43 AM
Triple post bad.

Anyway, if you haven't played yet, try not to get to close to Peach without L-canceling, because of her D-smash. It's a b*** and can easily rack up a ton of damage. Can't say much about Samus though.
sorry.

I'm really not that good at L-canceling, but wich one is that? is that overB? you need to tell me by controlls so I know which move your talking about.
And would it be helpful if you had a video of me playing against him? It would have to wait for a little bit, because we'd still have to make it, then he'd have to upload it.

A smash is when you use A and the control stick at the same time (or the c-stick. it will be easier if you use the c-stick). The first letter means the direction. D=Down F=Forward U=Up.

And yes, it would be very helpful if you uploaded a video of you guys playing.

Zora Link

Quote from: Dawei on January 12, 2008, 11:26:11 AM
Triple post bad.

sorry.

A smash is when you use A and the control stick at the same time (or the c-stick. it will be easier if you use the c-stick). The first letter means the direction. D=Down F=Forward U=Up.

ok. I'm starting to get it.

ok...I'll see If I can convince him to do that. We'll see what happens. I mostly lost to him before...I probably won at about a 5:1 ratio. So this will be quite interesting to see how much both of us have improved...

Dawei

Quote from: Zora Link on January 12, 2008, 11:31:17 AM
Triple post bad.

sorry.

ok...I'll see If I can convince him to do that. We'll see what happens. I mostly lost to him before...I probably won at about a 5:1 ratio. So this will be quite interesting to see how much both of us have improved...
My biggest tip for you is use down on your c-stick often. I don't know much about Pikachu, but I know that works. :P

Zora Link

Quote from: Dawei on January 12, 2008, 11:36:09 AM
Triple post bad.

sorry.

My biggest tip for you is use down on your c-stick often. I don't know much about Pikachu, but I know that works. :P
The problem with that is I'm comfertable with the A button...I tried using the c stick this morning, and it felt weird, and in the end, made me worse. It was just harder for me.

Dawei

Quote from: Zora Link on January 12, 2008, 11:54:38 AM
Quote from: Dawei on January 12, 2008, 11:36:09 AM
Triple post bad.

sorry.

The problem with that is I'm comfertable with the A button...I tried using the c stick this morning, and it felt weird, and in the end, made me worse. It was just harder for me.
You've just got to get used to it. I didn't like it when I first started, but it helped me a ton once you get used to it.
If you really find so hard though, I can't do much about it other then telling you to use it more.

Zora Link

Zora Link