News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Other rhythm games?

Started by _GanonMetroid_, August 01, 2008, 01:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_GanonMetroid_

Just wondering if anyone here played anything besides GH/RB. I saw another thread about Pump It Up and DDR, but I'm wondering about all of the music games people play. I'm most into Rock Band, but my friend has just about everything, and so I'll play DDR or PIU at his house, which I've gotten pretty good at, but not great. I'll also play BeatMania, which is the hardest darn game ever. There's a PercussionFreaks at a nearby arcade too, which is basically real drumming hooked up to a game.

Anyway, I've played just about every music game under the sun, so I'll end it there. What other games do you guys play?

Tupin

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Level_9_Chao

I'm definitely into PIU (as I think I made said DDR thread), and I got Beatmania a while back and definitely have to work on it some more.

I don't have any good arcades locally, but my bowling alley just got a brand new Pump It Up Pro so I play that as much as I can.
Become a Failbook fan: Victory Road :3

The Game Boy Pocket.
Put it in your back pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

Zovistograt

I play DDR (not PiU, though, because I think DDR has better songs and I'm used to the up-down-left-right configuration) and Stepmania, as well as some Audiosurf...not really that big into GH/RB although I have played a little of both.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Level_9_Chao

Quote from: Zovistograt on August 01, 2008, 03:35:41 PM
I play DDR (not PiU, though, because I think DDR has better songs and I'm used to the up-down-left-right configuration) and Stepmania, as well as some Audiosurf...not really that big into GH/RB although I have played a little of both.

Aw, just practice PiU and you get used to it... If you know DDR well, it'll take like a month to reach the same level in PiU.

Also, we should SMO sometime. :P
Become a Failbook fan: Victory Road :3

The Game Boy Pocket.
Put it in your back pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

Kaso

I've played most rhythm games out there, and my favorites are still beatmania and DDR. Rock Band comes in a close 3rd, though.
Quote from: _GanonMetroid_ on August 01, 2008, 01:51:23 PM
I'll also play BeatMania, which is the hardest dang game ever.
Try KeyboardMania. It's beatmania without a turntable, but half of a full size piano keyboard. I've only played it once, and it's way harder than BM for me.

Zovistograt

Quote from: Level_9_Chao on August 01, 2008, 10:17:21 PM
Quote from: Zovistograt on August 01, 2008, 03:35:41 PM

Aw, just practice PiU and you get used to it... If you know DDR well, it'll take like a month to reach the same level in PiU.

Also, we should SMO sometime. :P
Nah, I just don't like PiU all that much.  I prefer DDR music, and I don't think I could get used to that configuration.  Even if I could, I don't really want to.  I just want to get really good at DDR.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

noodle976

Try Rhythm Tengoku on GBA and DS

Silverhawk79

sonicdude164

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on August 11, 2008, 04:52:55 PM
Elite Beat Agents for DS.
I <3 EBA. I wish they would make EBA 2 in the USA because I don't want to import the Japanese version.

Macawmoses

Zovistograt

Quote from: sonicdude164 on August 11, 2008, 05:45:27 PM
I <3 EBA. I wish they would make EBA 2 in the USA because I don't want to import the Japanese version.
why not?

thunderhero4

I played DanceDanceRevolution at a party for a while, and i beat Elite Beat Agents on Cruisin'

Oh, and I played the demo for this gay new rhythm game on the Xbox Live Arcade...

sonicdude164

Quote from: Zovistograt on August 13, 2008, 07:39:18 AM
Quote from: sonicdude164 on August 11, 2008, 05:45:27 PM
why not?
It's kind of a pain for me to import things because my mom would have to order it, and she doesn't really like doing that. Plus, I would rather have songs I know instead of a bunch of J-Pop I've never heard of.

_GanonMetroid_

Quote from: thunderhero4 on August 13, 2008, 05:45:02 PM
Oh, and I played the demo for this gay new rhythm game on the Xbox Live Arcade...
Every Extend Extra Extreme?