News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Favorite gaming news site?

Started by Tupin, June 29, 2008, 09:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RevolutionSoldier

I sometime use ign and I use serebii for pokemon. But  don't use ign munch. I usually get my video game news from Nintendo Power, game informer, and xplay.
Quote from:  Emma GoldmanResistance to tyranny is mans highest ideal.

Quote from:  Huey NewtonThe Revolution has always been fought in the hands of the young. The young always inherit the revolution.

Nayrman

IGN...mostly cuz they know what they're talking about...even though, like all gaming sites and mags, they're biased beyond belief.

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on June 30, 2008, 05:36:50 PM
IGN...mostly cuz they know what they're talking about...even though, like all gaming sites and mags, they're biased beyond belief.
Alone in the Dark wasn't THAT bad, it didn't deserve a 3.5 at all.

All news sites have a bias. Whether they are gaming related or not.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Nayrman

Quote from: RevolutionSoldier on June 30, 2008, 05:34:09 PM
I sometime use ign and I use serebii for pokemon. But  don't use ign munch. I usually get my video game news from Nintendo Power, game informer, and xplay.
wow...and all three of those are the most biased of them all X_X;;

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on June 30, 2008, 05:42:44 PM
Nintendo Power isn't as biased as they used to be, they can actually mention that games were originally on other systems now.

Game Informer is owned by Gamestop, so that's pretty bad.

X-Play is on G4, which is run by Comcast, so you know it's pretty biased. Too bad they bought out TechTV from Charter.

Also, IGN is owned by Newscorp. I'll let you figure out what else they own on yourself. ^_^

Nayrman

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on June 30, 2008, 05:47:26 PM
Nintendo Power isn't as biased as they used to be, they can actually mention that games were originally on other systems now.

X-Play is on G4, which is run by Comcast, so you know it's pretty biased. Too bad they bought out TechTV from Charter.

Also, IGN is owned by Newscorp. I'll let you figure out what else they own on yourself. ^_^
you mean Comcast: The lazy SOB's who don't care about the consumer and who continue to f*** things up when they have the chance to actually do some good?

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on June 30, 2008, 05:48:57 PM

you mean Comcast: The lazy SOB's who don't care about the consumer and who continue to f*** things up when they have the chance to actually do some good?
Yes, G4 is owned by Comcast, which is based in California. G4 was established in 2002, four years after TechTV was established by Vulcan Inc, which includes Charter. They bought them out and replaced most of their shows, so the only show that was on TechTV that is on G4 now is X-Play. Speaking of which, they are getting a new show.

It's called Hurl and the concept is that people compete in an eating contest and then run a grueling obstacle course for the intended result.

Charter really isn't that great, either. Our Internet goes out a lot....

Zovistograt

I MISS TTV BRING IT BACK GTFO G4 AAAAA
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Tupin

Quote from: Zovistograt on June 30, 2008, 05:56:02 PM
I MISS TTV BRING IT BACK GTFO G4 AAAAA
Go to Canada, they still have G4TechTV there.

Linkman

Tupin

jnfs2014

Here, because......

1. Tuppy posts the Go-Nintendo.
2. People post the events coming up in Pokemon.
3. etc.

RevolutionSoldier

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on June 30, 2008, 05:54:16 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on June 30, 2008, 05:48:57 PM

Yes, G4 is owned by Comcast, which is based in California. G4 was established in 2002, four years after TechTV was established by Vulcan Inc, which includes Charter. They bought them out and replaced most of their shows, so the only show that was on TechTV that is on G4 now is X-Play. Speaking of which, they are getting a new show.

It's called Hurl and the concept is that people compete in an eating contest and then run a grueling obstacle course for the intended result.

Charter really isn't that great, either. Our Internet goes out a lot....
I may stop subscribing to Nintendo Power. It's just not as good since future us bought it. And I only subscribe to game informer because it comes with the game stop card. I stop going to game stop since to really cool non chain video game store open up with in a 5 minute bike ride from my house. I don't really worried about biasness in my game news media that munch. I more worried about all the bias news network that report on all the important stuff going on in the world and force the views of what ever company the owns it on an unsuspecting public.
Quote from:  Emma GoldmanResistance to tyranny is mans highest ideal.

Quote from:  Huey NewtonThe Revolution has always been fought in the hands of the young. The young always inherit the revolution.

Cardinal

I get most of my news from forums. :x

not famy