News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

It seems like a lot of people hate Windows...

Started by Doodle, April 02, 2008, 02:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lotos

Quote from: Riosan on April 02, 2008, 02:42:14 PM
I've used Windows all my life, and aside from a few viruses which I've deleted and 2 very rare BSOD's, I've had very minimal problems with the OS itself.

The programs, however, can either be great, or suck balls. Screw you, Movie Maker.

Especially on my Laptop/Vista.  I made two movies, a YTP and a video of GH3.  I uploaded it to YouTube and it stopped at certain parts D:

extraz

when it doesn't work....thats when people complain

DRIFTYOSHIZERO11

I have XP. It works a heck of alot better than Vista.
YOU DON'T MESS WITH THAT!!!!

Mystic

Exactly what is soooo bad about Vista? Cause I'm getting a new computer leter this year so...

JMV

Quote from: Darklink on April 02, 2008, 05:16:56 PM
The only other thing that can really compare is Mac OS. I really don't see how an OS you download from a website can be better than Windows quite frankly.
Linux is awesome. I've tried Ubuntu, Knoppix, Fedora, and a few other distros and they've all been better than Windows IMO.

That's like saying "i don't see how a browser you download from a website can be better than internet explorer quite frankly"
Boyah Forums | Join Boyah

BOSSNIG

Quote from: JMV290 on April 03, 2008, 09:59:23 AM
The only other thing that can really compare is Mac OS. I really don't see how an OS you download from a website can be better than Windows quite frankly.
Linux is awesome. I've tried Ubuntu, Knoppix, Fedora, and a few other distros and they've all been better than Windows IMO.

That's like saying "i don't see how a browser you download from a website can be better than internet explorer quite frankly"

Point proven.

Still prefer Windows to everything else, though if I actually spent time with the Mac OS I might like it.
IF U WERE KILLED TOMORROW, I WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN DA MOTHA FUKER THAT KILLED U!
..._.....____________________, ,
....../ `---___________----_____] = = = = = D
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER

Kilroy

Quote from: Darklink on April 03, 2008, 05:49:38 PM
Quote from: JMV290 on April 03, 2008, 09:59:23 AM

Point proven.

Still prefer Windows to everything else, though if I actually spent time with the Mac OS I might like it.
If you really wanted to, you could find a virtual machine somewhere, download some distro of Linux, and see what you like the best, Mac OS, Linux, or Windows :P
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

Mystic

Quote from: Mystic Fury on April 03, 2008, 09:09:22 AM
Exactly what is soooo bad about Vista? Cause I'm getting a new computer leter this year so...
Please :(

Ares300

The only problem I have about Vista is that most programs/online games/certain nintendo Wi-Fi USB's arent geared for it yet. (Like Maple Story.........Im just saying, Im not an addict!! ;) )

Syncopathic

Quote from: Mystic Fury on April 04, 2008, 10:44:35 PM
Quote from: Mystic Fury on April 03, 2008, 09:09:22 AM
Please :(
I haven't used it myself, but I heard it crashes a lot, and it's harder to find files.
Crashing itself is a problem, but once you get used to the folder arrangement I'm sure
it wont be a problem.

Kilroy

Quote from: Ares300 on April 04, 2008, 10:57:29 PM
The only problem I have about Vista is that most programs/online games/certain nintendo Wi-Fi USB's arent geared for it yet. (Like Maple Story.........Im just saying, Im not an addict!! ;) )
MapleStory works fine on Vista. That pop-up you get is the OS failing :)
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

JMV

Point proven.

How does that prove the point?

yeah actually using another operating system other than windows might help.

BOSSNIG

Quote from: JMV290 on April 05, 2008, 02:18:31 PM

Point proven.

YOUR point.
IF U WERE KILLED TOMORROW, I WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN DA MOTHA FUKER THAT KILLED U!
..._.....____________________, ,
....../ `---___________----_____] = = = = = D
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER

JMV

Quote from: Darklink on April 05, 2008, 04:13:54 PM
Quote from: JMV290 on April 05, 2008, 02:18:31 PM

Point proven.

YOUR point.
ok.  i thought you were implying i prove your point and that you thought internet explorer was better than firefox or opera, which would have prompted me to smack you.