News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Speed memorization

Started by Eizweir, May 04, 2009, 03:10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eizweir

I need to memorize 2 monologues before tomorrow.  So basically, I'm screwed, but I wondered if anybody has a few tips for memorizing lines as fast as possible?
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

Rayquarian

Get started immediately and never stop practicing.

Gwen Khan

try writing or typing it out, it might help you remember it better

Super

Zovistograt

Read the first line over and over.  See if you can memorize it.

Go to the next line and memorize it.  Then say the first line and the second line a few times.

Third line.  Memorize it.  Repeat from the beginning a few times.

Rinse and repeat.

worked for me and spanish
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

HTA!

Memorize it in chunks.
You can almost put a melody to it if it helps.

I memorized the alphabet backwards in a day, and can now recite it in under 4 seconds thanks to that method.

Beatnik

This is why procrastination is a bad idea.
"I like cigarettes, Mrs. Taggart. I like to think of fire held in a man's hand. Fire, a dangerous force, tamed at his fingertips. I often wonder about the hours when a man sits alone, watching the smoke of a cigarette, thinking. I wonder what great things have come from such hours. When a man thinks, there is a spot of fire alive in his mind-and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression..."

Titus Andronicus

Relax. I was able to remember the order of the first 36 elements and their symbol in about 45 minutes. You have plenty of time.

Write it out continuously. Over and over. And over. You should have at least 10 pages with the monologue written out by the time you're done. First few times use it, after that see what you can do without it, and by the end you should have it.
Tramps like us, baby we were born to die.

Kaso

You remember longer if you study right before bed.

Eizweir

Well it turns out that my 'audition' (everybody would be casted, it was for a grade) was the last one before the bell so my teacher cut mine short so I only had to do the first few lines of both.

But now I have to memorize lines for the class plays (plural) so I'll be sure to try all of these.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

Quote from: Zovistograt on May 04, 2009, 04:53:04 PM
Read the first line over and over.  See if you can memorize it.

Go to the next line and memorize it.  Then say the first line and the second line a few times.

Third line.  Memorize it.  Repeat from the beginning a few times.

Rinse and repeat.

worked for me and spanish
Yeah this is what I do when I have to memorize something. It gets kinda rough near the end though.
...̅̅̅