1 (3.7%)
College graduate (post what degree)
0 (0%)
other (specify)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 27

ShadowDevil

I'm a sophomore at a public school

i put high school dropout in the poll though :)
Yeah, insert some wackass Lil' Wayne metaphor here.

bluaki

Quote from: HeroOfTimeO0 on September 26, 2007, 04:46:26 PM
Quote from: bluaki on September 26, 2007, 04:15:41 PM
Quote from: Shroom_Hero on September 26, 2007, 04:10:33 PM
Homeschooling is the worse thing that has ever happened to my friends

they don't know social sense o_O

It's sick

don't get home schooled
All the social aspects of public school are part of why I hate it. I'm a loner, I don't want to be around any other kids (...especially all the stupid ones at school)

I'm like you then. I'd rather stay home and play games. :P
And a lot(nearly all) of the kids I knew at my old school were idiots.
I'm homeschooled now though and it's great. ^_^
I don't really think of it in the slacker type of way...
But really, which would I choose:
Public school: supposedly "learn" content from a text book that is actually ALL reviews and waste a whole year on the single book and waste over half of each school day on unnecessary electives
Homeschool: actually learn material and possibly finish a text book in 1-3 months, spending some of the immense amount of spare time on things exceeding any elective that a school can provide

EDIT: You said that you go to home school now, but the poll says that nobody has voted for homeschooling yet...?

TheKoopaBros.

I'm currently at my local community college. I'm basically just doing High School courses I didn't take/should have taken/should have done better in. Later on I'll do some 1st year university courses, before transfering to a university.

I'm completely against homeschooling. I know the benefits of having a shorter workday and not having to commute but public school (or even private) provides what I feel is an essential amount of social contact. I'm a very shy person with few friends, but I know I'd likely have no friends outside of the internet if I was homeschooled.

Eh, sorry for the rant at the end.

bluaki

Quote from: ShadowDevil on September 26, 2007, 04:56:29 PM
Uh... why? The point of a poll is to answer correctly, not to choose the funniest choice...

Ganondorf10101

I'm in college right now. =D Sophmore.

((Marshal: Grad School for me))
RAWR!
The Shadow of the Plaens
Go there now! Read, enjoy, let me know if ye like! =D

HeroOfTimeO0

Quote from: bluaki on September 26, 2007, 04:57:25 PM
Quote from: HeroOfTimeO0 on September 26, 2007, 04:46:26 PM
Quote from: bluaki on September 26, 2007, 04:15:41 PM

It's sick

don't get home schooled
All the social aspects of public school are part of why I hate it. I'm a loner, I don't want to be around any other kids (...especially all the stupid ones at school)

I'm like you then. I'd rather stay home and play games. :P
And a lot(nearly all) of the kids I knew at my old school were idiots.
I'm homeschooled now though and it's great. ^_^
I don't really think of it in the slacker type of way...
But really, which would I choose:
Public school: supposedly "learn" content from a text book that is actually ALL reviews and waste a whole year on the single book and waste over half of each school day on unnecessary electives
Homeschool: actually learn material and possibly finish a text book in 1-3 months, spending some of the immense amount of spare time on things exceeding any elective that a school can provide

I don't think of it in the "slacker" way either. :P I was just comparing social similarities.
And yes, most of Public school is reviewing. And the things you can get done through homeschooling far exceed the things you can accomplish through Public school.
In my case, I'm learning Latin as a foreign language. In the Public school I went to, they didn't offer it. :P
And you can get more work done in a smaller timeframe. ^_^

ShadowDevil

Quote from: bluaki on September 26, 2007, 05:01:33 PM
Quote from: ShadowDevil on September 26, 2007, 04:56:29 PM
Uh... why? The point of a poll is to answer correctly, not to choose the funniest choice...
you take things way too seriously :(
get off the court

no, but seriously, it's more fun to make a sarcastic choice instead of stuffing yourself into 15 more of the same choice you have
stand out, man
Yeah, insert some wackass Lil' Wayne metaphor here.

Gwen Khan

Genius

It's sick

don't get home schooled

Oh, shut up.  You love your generalizations, don't you?

I went with homeschool, just because it's the closest option I've got.  I just graduated recently, taking a short break before college.  I was schooled online.  It's an interesting system.  Technically a public school, but only in that sense.

Contrary to popular belief, not every single person who doesn't attend a public school is a social vegetable.  Instead, such people just avoid being total morons like 95% of the people in public schools.