News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Has anyone actually been to Japan?

Started by Tupin, September 26, 2007, 05:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

Most people seem like they want to go there because of anime,games,and their quirkiness. I would HATE to live there,though. The apartments are so small. Plus I don't speak Japanese. It would be good for a visit,if it weren't so expensive.:(

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

_Ichimaru_Gin_

Never been there, might be nice to go for vacation or something, but I don't think I would want to live there.

bluaki

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on September 26, 2007, 05:26:19 PM
Most people seem like they want to go there because of anime,games,and their quirkiness. I would HATE to live there,though. The apartments are so small. Plus I don't speak Japanese. It would be good for a visit,if it weren't so expensive.:(
You just described Tokyo, not the entirety of Japan.
I want to live in Japan, but none of those listed reasons are ones for me... I actually like the intelligence and culture of most of Japan's population better than America's.

Judas

I spent a couple weeks in the Kyoto/Osaka area two summers ago. It's a very cool place. I went to Tokyo for a day, and didn't really like it... I don't mind cities, but Tokyo is just too much city. Kyoto was an amazing blend of city, art, history, and beauty... I loved it.
"With a heart of furious fancies, whereof I am commander, with a burning spear and a horse of air, to the wilderness I wander."

ME86

I'm in Super Potato right now.  8)

I wish....

TheKoopaBros.

My sister is currently in Japan right now. I'm jealous. ;_;

I definitely want to make a visit there for a few months sometime in my life. I'm a big fan of Japanese culture and I've taken two Japanese high school courses so it isn't as if I'm blind to the language (did that make sense? XD).

Tupin

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

T-Virus

My sister went to japan a little while ago and she visited Studio Gibli, I'm jealous.

(Her husband is Japanese)

Baka

I'm a big an of Japanese culture, so I would love to visit. I'm not an unreasonably obsessed Otaku, but I can't help that the country is directly related to many of my interests, and I agree with many (non-anime/gaming) aspects of their culture.

_GanonMetroid_

My dad's gone several times on busniess trips. I have a shirt from Osaka (that doesn't fit anymore) and an Osaka Buffaloes baseball cap.

Also, I used to be neighbors and friends with a family from Japan, and our families still keep in touch.

Xygo

phatyo

No i never did i want to really and buy panties :D

Zelda_Master101

No, but my uncle, aunt, and cousin live there.

I hope by "small apartments" you're talking about just tokyo, or one of the other major cities, because japan is actually grossly under-populated.

Zovistograt

no, and unless I learn some Japanese I doubt I will.  I'm under the probably-correct impression that if you don't speak Japanese there you're pretty much screwed.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)